True North Advisors

1 Rating

1. True North Intern

Current Employee - Intern in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Intern in Dallas, TX

Pros

TN has amazing people that created a very fun atmosphere to be a part of. I thoroughly enjoyed my time here during the summer as an intern. I got to work right off the back with upper management doing valuable tasks. Everyone was extremely helpful with all my questions and getting to know me as a person rather than just another intern.

Cons

Internship was unpaid, but did receive a small merit based bonus at the end, which was great!

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

2. Great culture and really puts the client interest's first

I have been working at True North Advisors full-time

Pros

- one of the best places I have worked - really cares about the clients - great culture and tries to improve the business and work conditions all the time - pay and benefits are in line with other firms - hardly any turnover

Cons

- better succession planning for key people - the owners are young and so opportunities for key people is not as high as it could be

Advice to Management

- create fair ownership opportunities for key people - staff appropriately to continue great service to clients.

3. True North is a great place to work.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Pros

T clients' best interest is always the priority, in every situation. Employees are valued and have the opportunity to make a significant contribution to the success of the firm, which is rewarding. Company is founded on integrity and focuses on stewardship.

Cons

Because of the nature of our business, when the market is down, growth slows. While that's not much fun, True North is a solid company and I'm happy to work here. And when the tide turns we all benefit.

Advice to Management

You have the right business model and you care about your clients and employees. We have a very talented team in place. Make sure you are taking care of your employees - and listening to them. Keep looking for ways to improve operational efficiencies.

5. Pretty good

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Pros

Honest, conflict free, dedication, great people

Cons

inefficient, manual work, lots of meetings, below average compensation

Advice to Management

focus on operational efficiency. listen to your employees as they have great ideas.

RSS Feed </> Embed