True North Inc.

Updated Mar 5, 2014

Steve Fuchs

A great boutique agency

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe principal owners care about the employees. They're great people and are very smart. They're very good at recruiting talent and creating a healthy, competitive creative atmosphere. The benefits are good too.

ConsThe pace of evolving isn't quite what it used to be.

Talent and passion everywhere

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsCollaborative environment. Smart people who actually care about the employees. Little to no politics. A good work-life balance. Promote from within so everyone gets an opportunity. They know who they are and have a steady eye on where they want to go.

ConsA few egos that are like annoying gnats. But that's at every place you work. They're a smaller mid-size shop. If you're looking to get with a company that's going to be hot shop that grows quickly, that's not True North

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up

Great work environment. Low Pay

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat people. Good work environment.

ConsLow pay and was let go out of nowhere.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

One of the best career decisions in my life.

Associate Creative Director (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsTalented team, great work environment. Room for growth and career opportunities. Upper management always puts employees first.

ConsNothing unusually more than what a typical ad agency goes through. Sometimes a few growing pains.

Great stepping stone for some... Good stability for others

Art Director (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsBig clients. Foster a learning environment, where if you can learn quickly you'll be an effective contributer in no time. No annoying timesheets or "your performance review is basically based on hours worked".

ConsSomewhat of a con... workers expected to do all the pushing themselves for advancement and salary growth. Not really a con, but it would have been nice to know that rewards don't just come to those work hard and effectively, but you have to be forward about wanting them too.

Advice to Senior ManagementInterface a little more with those doing the grunt work. Not that you have to micromanage or be "best friends", but the occasional real-time check in (rather than yearly performance review or the like) makes for a more engaged workplace.

Okay

ProsGreat people to work with.
    They will train/teach you what you need to know in order to get the work done
    The office environment overall is really fun and light , but they know how to get the work done.

ConsIt is definitely not 9-5. You will feel guilty for leaving at 5:30
    Pay is horrible and below market pay.

Advice to Senior Managementthe HR lady is not so great, hire another one! Listen to your employees and their needs.

True North Inc. Chief Creative Officer responded to this review

Jan 9, 2014

It is unfortunate to read someone say "pay is horrible" when our company makes every effort to be competitive in the marketplace through available research. Additionally True North has a highly loyal ... More

Great Creative Environment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsTN has all the advantages of working at a small - medium agency. Opportunity, great, staff, no red tape.

Consnothing major. Morale was low during a period of layoffs, but that's unavoidable.

Worked for True North Inc.? Contribute to the Community!