True Partners Consulting Reviews

Cary D. McMillan

1. Best Place to Work

Current Employee - Tax Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Tax Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at True Partners Consulting full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Best office culture ever! It's hard for an accounting firm to have such a great working environment (esp. during tax season), but this firm got this down.

Cons

small firm-limited budget on training.

2. Neutral

Former Intern - Tax Consultant in San Jose, CA
    Former Intern - Tax Consultant in San Jose, CA

I worked at True Partners Consulting as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Professionalism and the buddy system. Most of the people were friendly.

Cons

The office atmosphere is weird with some demanding Asian type.

I know it is important for the employees especially interns to figure out the problems themselves. But this is a case by case situation, when an employee really have questions and couldn't solve by himself, please answer with patient without questioning or blaming.

3. Growth Company; Great Culture; Great Opportunities for Advancement

I have been working at True Partners Consulting full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

True Partners offers compensation comparable to the Big4. Staff and senior get overtime which helps reward the high demands of busy season and temper management's over-utilization of staff since more OT would impact profit margin. You do get busy. It is taxes after all. However, they pay you fair and you enjoy the people you work with. The work is interesting and there is opportunity to work on different niches before settling into a specialty.

Cons

This is a tax firm, so the only draw back is you do work a lot of hours for stretches at a time. However, it is balanced out by other times of the year. In comparison to the Big4, the hours are still better at TPC.

Continue to focus on growing the company organically and recruit selectively to ensure continuation of the culture.

5. Professional firm, Great People, Fun working environment

Current Employee - Management in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Management in New York, NY

I have been working at True Partners Consulting (more than 5 years)

Pros

All the benefits of being at a Big 4 Accounting Firm, without all the Big 4 craziness! No mandatory overtime, great people, flexible working environment, flexible schedules, great client experience.

Cons

Smaller firm, but not really a Con...

6. average firm

I worked at True Partners Consulting

Pros

flexible busy tax season schedule; relaxed office environment; ability to work from home.

Cons

No bonus pay; high employee turnover; low management support; poor feedback; very high favoritism; hard to stand out no matter how good you are.

7. Tax Consultant

Current Employee - Tax Consultant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Tax Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at True Partners Consulting full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Flexibility, Growing opportunity, open minded, paid overtime, and a great firm culture.
    I joined True Partners Consulting several months ago and just went through my first busy season.
    As a tax consultant, I was able to gain hands on experience with many different types of tax compliance works and other tax related projects.
    All the seniors/managers/directors/MDs were always opened to questions and tried their best to help.
    The salary is very reasonable and though there is no annual bonus, they do pay for overtimes.
    I found it more reasonable since you can "earn" your own bonus. More you work, more you earn.
    The firm offers many training opportunities and actually appreciates when you take that extra step.
    I read the negative reviews below and just wanted to share my own experience so that our company's potential future candidates can see both sides and decide wisely.

Cons

I worked here less than a year but so far there is no cons.

Mismanaged. Poor growth projections.

Former Employee - Tax Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Tax Consultant in Chicago, IL

I worked at True Partners Consulting full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Advertises overtime pay, on site beer and wine, luxurious offices. Unfortunately I don't put much faith in management's ability to deliver on its promises.

Cons

Received a solid offer from the firm, only to have my offer (along with 10 others from my hiring class) rescinded. This is a reflection of managements inability to project growth and its staffing needs. I would be leery of joining a small firm that can't grapple with basic operational needs.

It's extremely unprofessional and unethical to issue job offers without conducting the proper due diligence to understand your staffing needs. Rescinding and offer due to a diminished client base is an obvious turn off.

9. Warning!!! Do not work for this Company. The Managing Directors in the Melville don't care about their employees!

Former Employee - Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Manager in New York, NY

I worked at True Partners Consulting full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There are no pros for this Company.

Cons

The MDs just want to use you for all your worth, and compensate you as badly as possible. No annual bonus? WTF!!Do not work for this Company, they do not pay up to industry standards. I left this Company, and found a much better job for much more money. I Partner on my main client would travel with me occassionally on business trips and not even bring a laptop to even "fake" doing work. He had no clue about the client, and took all the credit. Terrible person!

Compensate employees fairly. Stop being so greedy!

10. I was an intern in the San Jose Office.

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in San Jose, CA
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in San Jose, CA

I worked at True Partners Consulting as an intern

Pros

Great technical training. They really made sure we understood what is going on behind tax practices. Might be because there are like no CPAs in this office.
    Small office, which means you get a lot of attention from your supervisor and manager. I think this is essential to entry-level professionals.

Cons

Communication between different levels of staff was bad.
    Sometimes sent out mixed messages to interns I really have no idea what they really wanted us to do.
    My experience was really bumpy, and I felt overwhelmed because personally I really tried my best but I felt like no matter what I did nothing was good enough.

11. Worst company I ever worked for in my career!

I worked at True Partners Consulting full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There are no "Pro's" to this company.

Cons

High pressure. pay cuts, poor financial condition of the company.

The company needs a new CEO and a new direction.