True Religion Apparel

www.truereligionbrandjeans.com

True Religion Apparel Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014
True Religion Apparel – Corte Madera – “Outside a True Religion store in Corte Madera, CA”

David Conn

Pros
  • Nice laid back environment, used to be the best place in LA to work (in 7 reviews)

• Great discount, but not much room for growth (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Terrible Pay unless your a manage, No room to go up unless you leave to a different store (in 7 reviews)

• Everybody looks out for themselves resulting in no room for growth or the ability to advance in areas you would like to learn (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Product Development

Product Development (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsAt the time, when I started it was a smaller company and I had a chance to grow within positions. As the company grew, I was really exposed to all divisions. It was a fantastic opportunity for me to understand this fashion/apparel business.

ConsThere is not too much opportunity to grow in product development. In my specific situation, compensation was not an opportunity.

Advice to Senior ManagementCompensation and promotions are a great way to keep the really good people at your company. It gives an employee a sense of accomplishment and professional growth. If these opportunities were offered, you would probably not loose the best of the best employees.

A company that doesn't really honor its employees

Key Holder (Current Employee) Las Vegas, NV

ProsQuality products, and the hours are maleable towards schedules. Overall, a friendly environment with a healthy and positive selling competition between he sales associates.

ConsUpper management is estranged and uninvolved. Management does not follow through with training/development. The company does not offer time and half on holidays, and makes you work all holidays. The company does not offer any form of sick time/vacation to any part time employees, whether sales or management. The pay can be much more for the amount of work that is asked of associates/management.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure your sales staffs are properly being developed in the store level, as many of the management teams honestly do not care or work with them.

Good for 8-10 months max-unless you wish to pursue retail further

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosgreat discount (70% off product)

Consif you're looking for seasonal work, this is not the company for you. minimum wage and the hours are competitively based-more sales, more hours, less sales means crap hours. Not a good job for somebody who needs to pay bills.

Advice to Senior ManagementWith the management title comes a lot of responsibility. Be careful of the power you have. do your job correctly and properly, you'll be rewarded as such. be able to run the store while holding your sales goal at the same time. It's tougher than you think.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Premium Fashion Legend

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat benefits package, work-life balance and some cool perks.

ConsNo advancement opportunities or encouragement to grow.

Stock clerk

Stock Lead (Former Employee) San Ysidro, CA

ProsCustomers want to do business with companies they connect with emotionally, that speak their language, are sensitive to their culture, value what they value and help them succeed financially. To make that emotional connection, we must put our customers at the center of everything we do.

We’re a circle, not a hierarchy. At the center of the circle—our customers. Alongside them—our team members. Farther out in the circle are our leaders. At the outside of the circle are senior leaders. All of us partner together to do the best job we can for our customers. We work hard to provide our customer-contact team members with the information they need to “know” our customers, what type of accounts they might have with us and what type of services they might need.

ConsCustomers want to do business with companies they connect with emotionally, that speak their language, are sensitive to their culture, value what they value and help them succeed financially. To make that emotional connection, we must put our customers at the center of everything we do.

Advice to Senior ManagementCustomers want to do business with companies they connect with emotionally, that speak their language, are sensitive to their culture, value what they value and help them succeed financially. To make that emotional connection, we must put our customers at the center of everything we do.

Sales associate

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThere is always room to grow, if is a friendly environment, and team oriented. You always woke up wanting to go to work, as well as eager to learn more.

ConsSometimes the managers seem scattered, and not always forward in direction. They were doing their best while some stores were closing down, but it felt like maybe there was no longer room to grow.

I hope future investors don't fall for their number tricks.

ProsNone. None of the executives have any garment industry experience.

ConsThey don't need to lay-off people.....existing ones are heading out the doors.

Advice to Senior ManagementRunning numbers on the computers will not create fearless, passionate, creative people, nor the clothing they design and make.

"Great place to work, until they sold."

Store Manager (Current Employee)

ProsWorked for this company for over four years. It's been a great. They really cared about their people.

ConsThey made a lot of operational changes to save money. However, it did not trickle down to the employees. They spent the money on new dept heads.

Advice to Senior ManagementLove your people, more.

Retail is great, design not so fine

Anonymous (Current Employee) Vernon, CA

Pros-Majority of people are great to work with

Cons-retail runs the show, design is seriously loosing their voice
    -company downsized and thus everyone left is picking up 2-3 peoples worth of work
    -mostly employ temps for long periods of time without bringing them on full time

Advice to Senior Management-give decent raises and promotions to those who earn it in other depts than retail
    -stop spreading around a budget crisis when a lot of money is wasted in unnecessary events

Accepted

Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) Arlington, VA

ProsPros I interviews with both dm and sm of the company they were both down to earth asked very detailed questions lasted about an hour 15 mins but I got an answer in less than a weeks time

ConsThe cons were I believe the asm salary was a little low but it wasn't bad... Also they don't offer a bonus structure for asm's only sm's

Advice to Senior ManagementIf your in management and want to come aboard be ready to read and be ready to soak a lot of info in at the same time... Not hard just a new system and info to input thru out.

Worked for True Religion Apparel? Contribute to the Community!