True Religion Apparel
www.truereligionbrandjeans.com Vernon, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

True Religion Apparel Reviews

Updated Apr 7, 2014
True Religion Apparel – Corte Madera – “Outside a True Religion store in Corte Madera, CA”

Lynne Koplin

Pros:
  • "Nice laid back environment, used to be the best place in LA to work"
    in 7 reviews
  • "Great office, Great work environment"
    in 5 reviews
Cons:
  • "Terrible Pay unless your a manage, No room to go up unless you leave to a different store"
    in 7 reviews
  • "It is difficult to move processes forward, especially since there is not a lot of alignment around common goals"
    in 3 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Lacking organization from corporate offices

Sales Associate (Current Employee)

I have been working at True Religion Apparel part-time for more than a year

ProsGreat opportunity to fine tune sale techniques with quality product

ConsLack of care from managers when It comes to benefits of all employees of the store.

Shifts for non-management are broken up between 4-7 hours at most.

Advice to Senior ManagementHonesty with employees towards succession planning. I've personally been lied to by store management for over a year about promotion.

review for true religion

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
Colora, MD

I worked at True Religion Apparel part-time for more than a year

ProsGreat discount, but not much room for growth

ConsNot that much room to grow

Advice to Senior Managementnone

Gives great corporate environment experience, but does not believe in their people.

Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at True Religion Apparel full-time for more than a year

ProsVery structured in retail stores. Great for development in manager roles, but you end up working harder than your pay is worth.

ConsNo room for advancement. Prefer to hire from outside, and not internally. Very difficult to move up within company, and receive raises in pay. Does not have an identity with their brand. Trying to steer brand in another direction with hard transitions. Currently is hourly plus commission for all retail stores, however, the company is switching to strictly hourly in May 2014. Very political company.

Advice to Senior ManagementBelieve in your people more, and be on THEIR team. Remember- if you invest in your employees, they will invest in you!

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Pleasant company to work for.

Associate Designer (Former Employee)
Los Angeles, CA

I worked at True Religion Apparel full-time for less than a year

ProsGreat office, Great work environment. Staff is amazing and understanding. We all got along and made some new friends working there. They have great upper management that know what is going on in the industry to help stay with the trends and helps the design team reach it's goals.

ConsThe only downfall I can say is the location of the company. It's in the industrial side of California, but that is the only downfall.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work and just stay on top of the trends that is right for the company. Just do what you already do.

Could be worse.

I have been working at True Religion Apparel full-time for more than a year

ProsWeekly paychecks if you're an hourly employee, healthcare and dental benefits.

Consillogical structure, which causes more issues than necessary and causes the workflow to be highly inefficient. poor management. difficult to move up or even learn new skills.

Advice to Senior Managementcommunicate with employees, keep them in the loop so everyone is on the same page and has the same expectations/goals. work like a team and less of a competition.

Once a bright company, now going under due to bad corporate decisions.

Key Holder (Former Employee)
New York, NY

I worked at True Religion Apparel full-time

ProsGreat opportunity to make extra money in commission if you are a great seller. You can really increase your hourly wage by being aggressive on the sales floor. Which is not such a good thing if that is one of your weaknesses.

ConsNot much room to grow. Wages keep decreasing for new hires due to company losing its appeal in the fashion industry. Cannot hold on to client base. Same designs of product every season. A current high turn over rate for management, a few years this was not the case.

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease Salary. You cannot expect great employees to work for such low wages.

Great for temp work

Freelance (Former Employee)
Vernon, CA

I worked at True Religion Apparel as a contractor for less than a year

ProsGood Pay
Friendly co-workers
Flexible schedule
From a freelancers point of view, the work was straight forward/easy.
For a high-end, casual apparel company, the work environment was surprisingly calm.

ConsAlthough there was very little micro-managing during my time with this company, the management team was very non-communicative in respect to the job that they hired me to do.
Location is just outside of LA and is not the greatest area.
Didn't feel that I learned anything new or valuable to make myself marketable for my next job.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate clearly with the new hires, even if they're only there on a contract basis. From my experience, I was told that I was hired for a specific job, but as soon as I got there, the job changed completely.

Laidback vibe friendly coworkers and interesting customers

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
Miami, FL

I worked at True Religion Apparel part-time for more than a year

ProsGreat staff and company culture. Feel at home, very easy shifts no stress.

ConsTakes practically a decade to get promoted, alot of favoritism. Difficult time transferring stores. Horrible New York management very snooty and pretentious.

Advice to Senior ManagementGo with the best qualified not the best personality

The little company that almost could...but then they restructured!!!!!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at True Religion Apparel full-time for more than 5 years

ProsNice laid back environment, used to be the best place in LA to work!

Consa revolving door! very political and clicky! Terrible management! Let go of so many hardworking people. and replaced them all with new directors! there are more managers than workers! The way of thinking is to put more pressure on the remaining half of the team and get double the work out of them! it does not work! people are quitting left and right! and the ones that have not quit are looking!

Advice to Senior ManagementI really used to believe in this company when I first started working here! I was so excited about it all and then the sale and restructuring happened! New CEO has good intentions but is weak and misguided. The senior management are dreamers and out of touch with the reality of what their teams can actually accomplish with the given manpower. all brand history is lost through the "strategic" lay offs! good move guys! stop squeezing the life out of the remaining workers because you have spent all your money hiring directors and assistants for each of them. If you don't take the pressure off your workers and adjust the workload, promote from within, and change the moral pretty soon everyone else will quit too. A little appreciation goes a long way and I don't mean wax museum parties!

Not effective restructuring

Vernon, CA

I have been working at True Religion Apparel full-time for more than 3 years

Prosnow is NOT the time to come work for this company. Wait a year to see if it can successfully restructure.

ConsMore chiefs than Indians. One department has three managers and one worker, seriously???

Advice to Senior ManagementThe cut was in mostly the wrong places. High paying do-nothing people are kept while some hard working efficient people are let go. How could this be? Easy-the do nothing people were the ones made the decisions and of course will save their own positions.

Worked for True Religion Apparel? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at True Religion Apparel reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for True Religion Apparel CEO Lynne Koplin. All 62 reviews posted anonymously by True Religion Apparel employees.