True Religion Apparel

Updated July 22, 2014
Updated July 22, 2014

2.9

David Conn

Pros
  • Nice laid back environment, used to be the best place in LA to work (in 7 reviews)

• Great discount, but not much room for growth (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Terrible Pay unless your a manage, No room to go up unless you leave to a different store (in 7 reviews)

• Everybody looks out for themselves resulting in no room for growth or the ability to advance in areas you would like to learn (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Product Development

Current Employee - Product Development  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Product Development in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at True Religion Apparel full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

At the time, when I started it was a smaller company and I had a chance to grow within positions. As the company grew, I was really exposed to all divisions. It was a fantastic opportunity for me to understand this fashion/apparel business.

Cons

There is not too much opportunity to grow in product development. In my specific situation, compensation was not an opportunity.

Compensation and promotions are a great way to keep the really good people at your company. It gives an employee a sense of accomplishment and professional growth. If these opportunities were offered, you would probably not loose the best of the best employees.

A company that doesn't really honor its employees

Current Employee - Key Holder  in  Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Key Holder in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at True Religion Apparel part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Quality products, and the hours are maleable towards schedules. Overall, a friendly environment with a healthy and positive selling competition between he sales associates.

Cons

Upper management is estranged and uninvolved. Management does not follow through with training/development. The company does not offer time and half on holidays, and makes you work all holidays. The company does not offer any form of sick time/vacation to any part time employees, whether sales or management. The pay can be much more for the amount of work that is asked of associates/management.

Make sure your sales staffs are properly being developed in the store level, as many of the management teams honestly do not care or work with them.

Good for 8-10 months max-unless you wish to pursue retail further

I worked at True Religion Apparel

Pros

great discount (70% off product)

Cons

if you're looking for seasonal work, this is not the company for you. minimum wage and the hours are competitively based-more sales, more hours, less sales means crap hours. Not a good job for somebody who needs to pay bills.

With the management title comes a lot of responsibility. Be careful of the power you have. do your job correctly and properly, you'll be rewarded as such. be able to run the store while holding your sales goal at the same time. It's tougher than you think.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Premium Fashion Legend

I worked at True Religion Apparel

Pros

Great benefits package, work-life balance and some cool perks.

Cons

No advancement opportunities or encouragement to grow.

Stock clerk

Former Employee - Stock Lead  in  San Ysidro, CA
    Former Employee - Stock Lead in San Ysidro, CA

I worked at True Religion Apparel part-time for more than a year

Pros

Customers want to do business with companies they connect with emotionally, that speak their language, are sensitive to their culture, value what they value and help them succeed financially. To make that emotional connection, we must put our customers at the center of everything we do.

We’re a circle, not a hierarchy. At the center of the circle—our customers. Alongside them—our team members. Farther out in the circle are our leaders. At the outside of the circle are senior leaders. All of us partner together to do the best job we can for our customers. We work hard to provide our customer-contact team members with the information they need to “know” our customers, what type of accounts they might have with us and what type of services they might need.

Sales associate

I worked at True Religion Apparel

Pros

There is always room to grow, if is a friendly environment, and team oriented. You always woke up wanting to go to work, as well as eager to learn more.

Cons

Sometimes the managers seem scattered, and not always forward in direction. They were doing their best while some stores were closing down, but it felt like maybe there was no longer room to grow.

I hope future investors don't fall for their number tricks.

I have been working at True Religion Apparel full-time

Pros

None. None of the executives have any garment industry experience.

Cons

They don't need to lay-off people.....existing ones are heading out the doors.

Running numbers on the computers will not create fearless, passionate, creative people, nor the clothing they design and make.

"Great place to work, until they sold."

Current Employee - Store Manager
    Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at True Religion Apparel full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Worked for this company for over four years. It's been a great. They really cared about their people.

Cons

They made a lot of operational changes to save money. However, it did not trickle down to the employees. They spent the money on new dept heads.

Love your people, more.

Retail is great, design not so fine

Current Employee - Anonymous  in  Vernon, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Vernon, CA

I have been working at True Religion Apparel full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Majority of people are great to work with

Cons

-retail runs the show, design is seriously loosing their voice
    -company downsized and thus everyone left is picking up 2-3 peoples worth of work
    -mostly employ temps for long periods of time without bringing them on full time

-give decent raises and promotions to those who earn it in other depts than retail
    -stop spreading around a budget crisis when a lot of money is wasted in unnecessary events

Accepted

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager  in  Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Arlington, VA

I have been working at True Religion Apparel full-time for less than a year

Pros

Pros I interviews with both dm and sm of the company they were both down to earth asked very detailed questions lasted about an hour 15 mins but I got an answer in less than a weeks time

Cons

The cons were I believe the asm salary was a little low but it wasn't bad... Also they don't offer a bonus structure for asm's only sm's

If your in management and want to come aboard be ready to read and be ready to soak a lot of info in at the same time... Not hard just a new system and info to input thru out.

Worked for True Religion Apparel? Contribute to the Community!