True Religion Apparel

Updated September 23, 2014
Updated September 23, 2014
2.9

David Conn

Pros
  • Nice laid back environment, used to be the best place in LA to work (in 7 reviews)

• Great discount, but not much room for growth (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Terrible Pay unless your a manage, No room to go up unless you leave to a different store (in 7 reviews)

• difficult to move up or even learn new skills (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Company Culture at True Religion was all about selling and customer service which I absolutely loved the selling culture

Former Employee - Store Manager  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at True Religion Apparel full-time for less than a year

Pros

Pay wasn't that great compared to other places I have worked. Bonus structure was in the works but not great!

Cons

Liked the jeans and was totally aligned with the selling and customer service culture but it was hard to sell outfits as the product beside denim was so limited.

Work on a better monthly bonus strutter to motivate your employees! Need to communicate with corporate to ensure stores have correct product in stores and more variety.

A company trying to grow and also keeping loyal to employees

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at True Religion Apparel part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good pay for valued employees, fun atmosphere, colleagues are fun to work with.

Cons

Low pay to start off at, holidays are rough, hours are low for pt.

Help employees with hours and let employees have more sale experience

Good Stay

Former Employee - Sales Associate  in  Brea, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Brea, CA

I worked at True Religion Apparel part-time for more than a year

Pros

Cool co-workers and customers on a daily

Cons

you have to learn new things about the brand like every day it can be a lot

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

felt like vomiting everyday.

Former Employee - Design  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Design in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at True Religion Apparel full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

as of now none. before the buyout, it was a pretty good place to work . generous salaries,bonus and benefits.
    there was a goal and a look ,there was a leader with a vision that worked. he knew every aspect of the business from samples ,production ,buying ,design and retail.

Cons

the new management are clueless on how to fix this business. It all starts from the product and the leaders in design are incompetent and living in a dream. the production dept is a joke ,they have exhausted most of the relationship with the current vendors. more generals then soldiers. I would really look closely at the creative director to see if they really have a strategy to move forward ,rather than collecting their fat checks. the deadweights that no longer contribute in design is a waste of money ,energy and productivity. you really need to see if they are stepping up.

Making people drink on the job is not going to solve the problem or make you look like you have a great culture.
    I would not be surprised if someone would sue the company ,if they were pulled over for a dui or they had an accident or alcohol lead incidents? anyways,it's not cool to drink on the job... come up with a game plan, It would be a miracle to turn the company around . whatever you are doing is not working so, lets see what happens.

A company that doesn't really honor its employees

Current Employee - Key Holder  in  Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Key Holder in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at True Religion Apparel part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Quality products, and the hours are maleable towards schedules. Overall, a friendly environment with a healthy and positive selling competition between he sales associates.

Cons

Upper management is estranged and uninvolved. Management does not follow through with training/development. The company does not offer time and half on holidays, and makes you work all holidays. The company does not offer any form of sick time/vacation to any part time employees, whether sales or management. The pay can be much more for the amount of work that is asked of associates/management.

Make sure your sales staffs are properly being developed in the store level, as many of the management teams honestly do not care or work with them.

Good for 8-10 months max-unless you wish to pursue retail further

I worked at True Religion Apparel

Pros

great discount (70% off product)

Cons

if you're looking for seasonal work, this is not the company for you. minimum wage and the hours are competitively based-more sales, more hours, less sales means crap hours. Not a good job for somebody who needs to pay bills.

With the management title comes a lot of responsibility. Be careful of the power you have. do your job correctly and properly, you'll be rewarded as such. be able to run the store while holding your sales goal at the same time. It's tougher than you think.

Product Development

Current Employee - Product Development  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Product Development in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at True Religion Apparel full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

At the time, when I started it was a smaller company and I had a chance to grow within positions. As the company grew, I was really exposed to all divisions. It was a fantastic opportunity for me to understand this fashion/apparel business.

Cons

There is not too much opportunity to grow in product development. In my specific situation, compensation was not an opportunity.

Compensation and promotions are a great way to keep the really good people at your company. It gives an employee a sense of accomplishment and professional growth. If these opportunities were offered, you would probably not loose the best of the best employees.

Premium Fashion Legend

I worked at True Religion Apparel

Pros

Great benefits package, work-life balance and some cool perks.

Cons

No advancement opportunities or encouragement to grow.

Stock clerk

Former Employee - Stock Lead  in  San Ysidro, CA
    Former Employee - Stock Lead in San Ysidro, CA

I worked at True Religion Apparel part-time for more than a year

Pros

Customers want to do business with companies they connect with emotionally, that speak their language, are sensitive to their culture, value what they value and help them succeed financially. To make that emotional connection, we must put our customers at the center of everything we do.

We’re a circle, not a hierarchy. At the center of the circle—our customers. Alongside them—our team members. Farther out in the circle are our leaders. At the outside of the circle are senior leaders. All of us partner together to do the best job we can for our customers. We work hard to provide our customer-contact team members with the information they need to “know” our customers, what type of accounts they might have with us and what type of services they might need.

Sales associate

I worked at True Religion Apparel

Pros

There is always room to grow, if is a friendly environment, and team oriented. You always woke up wanting to go to work, as well as eager to learn more.

Cons

Sometimes the managers seem scattered, and not always forward in direction. They were doing their best while some stores were closing down, but it felt like maybe there was no longer room to grow.

True Religion Apparel Photos

Outside a True Religion store in Corte Madera, CA

+ Add Photo

Worked for True Religion Apparel? Contribute to the Community!