True Religion Apparel
www.truereligionbrandjeans.com Vernon, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

True Religion Apparel Reviews

Updated Jun 25, 2014
True Religion Apparel – Corte Madera – “Outside a True Religion store in Corte Madera, CA”

David Conn

Pros:
  • "Nice laid back environment, used to be the best place in LA to work"
    in 7 reviews
  • "Great office, Great work environment"
    in 5 reviews
Cons:
  • "Terrible Pay unless your a manage, No room to go up unless you leave to a different store"
    in 7 reviews
  • "It is difficult to move processes forward, especially since there is not a lot of alignment around common goals"
    in 3 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Product Development

Product Development (Current Employee)
    Los Angeles, CA

ProsAt the time, when I started it was a smaller company and I had a chance to grow within positions. As the company grew, I was really exposed to all divisions. It was a fantastic opportunity for me to understand this fashion/apparel business.

ConsThere is not too much opportunity to grow in product development. In my specific situation, compensation was not an opportunity.

Advice to Senior ManagementCompensation and promotions are a great way to keep the really good people at your company. It gives an employee a sense of accomplishment and professional growth. If these opportunities were offered, you would probably not loose the best of the best employees.

Premium Fashion Legend

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat benefits package, work-life balance and some cool perks.

ConsNo advancement opportunities or encouragement to grow.

Sales associate

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThere is always room to grow, if is a friendly environment, and team oriented. You always woke up wanting to go to work, as well as eager to learn more.

ConsSometimes the managers seem scattered, and not always forward in direction. They were doing their best while some stores were closing down, but it felt like maybe there was no longer room to grow.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Stock clerk

Stock Lead (Former Employee)
    San Ysidro, CA

ProsCustomers want to do business with companies they connect with emotionally, that speak their language, are sensitive to their culture, value what they value and help them succeed financially. To make that emotional connection, we must put our customers at the center of everything we do.

We’re a circle, not a hierarchy. At the center of the circle—our customers. Alongside them—our team members. Farther out in the circle are our leaders. At the outside of the circle are senior leaders. All of us partner together to do the best job we can for our customers. We work hard to provide our customer-contact team members with the information they need to “know” our customers, what type of accounts they might have with us and what type of services they might need.

ConsCustomers want to do business with companies they connect with emotionally, that speak their language, are sensitive to their culture, value what they value and help them succeed financially. To make that emotional connection, we must put our customers at the center of everything we do.

Advice to Senior ManagementCustomers want to do business with companies they connect with emotionally, that speak their language, are sensitive to their culture, value what they value and help them succeed financially. To make that emotional connection, we must put our customers at the center of everything we do.

Bad investment made by a greedy equity firm

Creative (Former Employee)
    Vernon, CA

Proswhen the original founder was there,it was a fun place to work. good people in general and he kept his employees happy with generous wages and perks.

ConsFailed restruction. there are no credible ,experienced ,qualified, leaderships from every single dept. the CEO has never done this before,so they had to send him to back to retrain him in a ceo school. poorly misguided by the remaining deadweights and unexperienced management. it all starts from the product and the people in charge of this is very questionable. there should not be a creative director and 2 directors of design to coverup each others flaws ,step up ,if they want to save money ,cut the bait already.

Advice to Senior Managementlets face the truth. you guys made a bad investment , if there are any hopes of recovering ,that would be a miracle. the brand has become stale ,out of fashion and it's over. as they say " you can't polish a turd, its still a turd" face the reality and sell it off . you would lose more money trying to keep alive.

Accepted

Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee)
    Arlington, VA

ProsPros I interviews with both dm and sm of the company they were both down to earth asked very detailed questions lasted about an hour 15 mins but I got an answer in less than a weeks time

ConsThe cons were I believe the asm salary was a little low but it wasn't bad... Also they don't offer a bonus structure for asm's only sm's

Advice to Senior ManagementIf your in management and want to come aboard be ready to read and be ready to soak a lot of info in at the same time... Not hard just a new system and info to input thru out.

Retail is great, design not so fine

Anonymous (Current Employee)
    Vernon, CA

Pros-Majority of people are great to work with

Cons-retail runs the show, design is seriously loosing their voice
    -company downsized and thus everyone left is picking up 2-3 peoples worth of work
    -mostly employ temps for long periods of time without bringing them on full time

Advice to Senior Management-give decent raises and promotions to those who earn it in other depts than retail
    -stop spreading around a budget crisis when a lot of money is wasted in unnecessary events

Sinking ship..... Hoping to jump off with a lifesaver..

Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee)

ProsDiscount percentage off is very good, but there is a spending limit every month. Offer medical, dental, and vision benefits and a 401k with 4% matching for full time employees only.

ConsWas bought out by private investors after the board voted the owner out and decided to sell the company. There's very little opportunity for growth, unless you are in the DM's inner circle of people. They also like to bring in new people from the outside to fill in any management position instead of promoting from within to those who deserve and have earned it. The pay/salary they offer now is a joke. They are running in a very tight payroll where it's only 2/2 coverage for the whole day. So they expect you to use minimal coverage for floor set, selling, etc... They are always taking feed back for product, but at the end of the day they still do what they want. The replenishment system is a joke., I've never worked for a company that requires you to create a product request list on merchandise that have sold in the store to send to corporate. This takes a lot of time away from sales floor, when the company should have a faster replenishing system to replenish their stores. You also get made empty promises by the upper management, and I've seen it in dozens of occasion, and have been in it myself. The registers are extremely slow, it's embarrassing when your ringing up customers. Customers do get frustrated when they should be having a fast closing the sale experience. If you are considering this company, I really suggest you think twice about it. There are more cons that I have not written here. Just for the record I am part of a management team not a sales associate and I know of how many others who want to leave this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementValue your teams, and store management teams. Really promote from within.. Brake up those inner circles of favoritism., blinds you from seeing the people who are truly working hard to advance. Really listen to feed backs...

It was a great place to work

Anonymous (Former Employee)

ProsThe team environment made the job easy.

ConsThe distance away from my house.

Decent pay, corporate problems

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
    Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Prosgreat percent off for clothing. The job is relatively easy since its high end apparel and people who geniunely come to buy clothes dont need to be further convinced

Consboring as hell; theres days where we only get about 3 real customers and somedays we even struggle to get 1 sale! Insane...

Worked for True Religion Apparel? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at True Religion Apparel reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for True Religion Apparel CEO David Conn. All 77 reviews posted anonymously by True Religion Apparel employees.