TrueBlue

TrueBlue Reviews

Updated Mar 26, 2014

TrueBlue President, CEO, and Director Steve Cooper

Steve Cooper

Company is small but growing, providing opportunity for career growth

Tacoma, NY

I have been working at TrueBlue full-time for more than 5 years

ProsCompany growth and stock options

ConsWith growth comes challenges to mature

Not for the strategic sales professional.

Sales (Current Employee)

I have been working at TrueBlue full-time for more than 3 years

ProsFlexibility. Lessons in patience. Some good people.

ConsExtremely poor commission schedule: max 8% of gross margin dollars.
No strategic thinking- throw it at the wall and see if it sticks.
Sub par training.
Company has an awful reputation so most sales calls are an uphill battle.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake the time to be strategic in what you're trying to accomplish- A little more time on the front end saves time/effort in the long run. You may also want to consider mentioning less often during sales meetings that we are a 2 Billion dollar company right after you've decided to cut sales commissions by up to 75%.

Learned a lot. Never boring and good pay and benefits. if you like working with people it is a good job.

District Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at TrueBlue full-time for more than 10 years

ProsGrowing company. plenty of opportunity. good relocation opportunities. Company has strong core values and solid leadership training. Learn a lot about other industries.

Conslong hours 24/7 availability. Govt regulations could affect growth long term. Frequent acquisitions led to top heavy management for the short term. company vision is not consistent.

Advice to Senior Managementnone

Top Heavy, management by words not action. Cult like atmosphere, good ole boy network

Branch Manager (Current Employee)
Gainesville, FL

I have been working at TrueBlue full-time for less than a year

ProsThe pros are that if you are a mediocre manager or CSR you will last a long time doing the exact same job with the exact same pay.

ConsOnce you challenge a process or do not submit to "the way". Clicks are huge. If you are in the right one=Golden. Wrong one=sharpen your resume.

Advice to Senior ManagementHold your branch managers more accountable. Middle management sucks-especially in Florida.

disappointed

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Tacoma, WA

I worked at TrueBlue full-time for more than a year

ProsWork life balance, flexible schedule, nice covered parking, did work with some good people, free gym access to work out

ConsLack of growth opportunity, do not have strong leadership, do not value their employees, no pay increases, management needs to know how to manage/ be a leader

Advice to Senior ManagementYou need to recognize how hard your people work, need internal growth

StaStay away from this mess of a companyy away

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at TrueBlue full-time

Proscompetitive pay, mediocre benefits offered. Some talent in management, but real performers not valued highly enough

Consdysfunctional, antiquated systems and business processes, over-inflated egos, dying business model, profitable only by acquiring competition, poor work-life balance, lack of support for managers, overwhelmed IT department, resources poorly appropriated, political activities apparent to entire workforce, disconnection from field employees.

Advice to Senior Managementstop stifling effective contributors

Optimistic

Benefits Analyst (Current Employee)
Tacoma, WA

I have been working at TrueBlue full-time for more than a year

ProsEncourage thinking outside of the box, flexible work environment, a lot of internal promotion opportunities.

ConsOften make decisions and move to implement without fully understanidng all day-today operations and actions, this leave this end user scrambling to pick up the pieces and make everything come back togetehr to try and ease the burden form the field.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay more attention to the details provided by the end users before moving forward with major project systems. Listening to the voice of the users up front will eliminate a lot of the issues that pop up after a "go-live" event.

Started out very well. Learned a lot. After 3 years, culture didn't fit anymore. Didn't like being micro-managed.

I have been working at TrueBlue

ProsGood money, good schedule. Could take time off for family issues with no hassles.

ConsMicromanagement; Politicking gets you further than merit; company spending hundreds of millions of dollars on failing in-house POS software, developers get six figures a year to milk a worthless product, whilst support is underpaid and overworked to support a failing product.

Upper management is clueless, or apathetic, as long as they're getting paid...

Advice to Senior ManagementEnroll in a management program to learn how to be effective managers. Get rid of CIO who has no IT background because she came from accounting.

Typical Staffing Company Disappointed Greatly

Temp (Former Employee)
Jersey City, NJ

I worked at TrueBlue part-time for more than a year

ProsFlexible schedule, varying levels of commitment

ConsLow Wages, No benefits, poor employee services

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease wages

A typical example of a CPA becoming a CIO

IT Professional (Former Employee)

I worked at TrueBlue full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThere are still people who care but they are going extinct pretty quick.

ConsA typical example of a CPA becoming a CIO – IT becomes a black hole sucking in money to pay for looney decisions, turnover goes sky-high – pros run for their lives, managers and directors who know anything are replaced with yes-men/women. The end result – money wasted on an in-house product would be enough to develop Windows 9. The board got to be insane to let this happen.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire a real leader who knows IT.

Worked for TrueBlue? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at TrueBlue reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for TrueBlue CEO Steve Cooper. All 16 reviews posted anonymously by TrueBlue employees.