TrueBlue

TrueBlue Reviews

Updated Jun 11, 2014

TrueBlue President, CEO, and Director Steve Cooper

Steve Cooper

Company is small but growing, providing opportunity for career growth

Tacoma, NY

ProsCompany growth and stock options

ConsWith growth comes challenges to mature

Learned a lot. Never boring and good pay and benefits. if you like working with people it is a good job.

District Manager (Former Employee)

ProsGrowing company. plenty of opportunity. good relocation opportunities. Company has strong core values and solid leadership training. Learn a lot about other industries.

Conslong hours 24/7 availability. Govt regulations could affect growth long term. Frequent acquisitions led to top heavy management for the short term. company vision is not consistent.

Advice to Senior Managementnone

TrueBlue is a dynamic place to work with many opportunities for professional and individual growth.

ProsTrueBlue provides any level of challenge you desire in a professional position within IT. Every opportunity is given for individuals to explore other positions and opportunities within the organization. They are leading the way in there market segment and continue to embrace new and emerging technologies.

ConsAs with any IT oriented position the hours are not consistent. Also, due to the pace and rate of growth the organization is experiencing change requires a significant investment in off hours work.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Excellent place for folks that are looking for a challenge

Tacoma, WA

ProsLots of change and challenge - a great opportunity. TBI has a wonderful, positive atmosphere and is a great place to be employed if that's what you are looking for.

ConsEmployer is challenged to provide compensation commensurate with value provided. I am a high end associate - and TBI is not able to compensate me effectively.

Labor Ready a Pretty Good Place to hang your hat

Cleveland, OH

ProsWork life balance is great, Lots of room for advancement, Open lines of communication, employee morale high, Senior Leadership great always willing to talk, Flexable scheduling

ConsOn call 24/7 5AM start time Compensation is so so for the industry

Advice to Senior ManagementGive a little more respect to some of the employees lower on the food chain, Give feedback to supporting staff and temporary workers on a steady basis

Optimistic

Benefits Analyst (Current Employee)
    Tacoma, WA

ProsEncourage thinking outside of the box, flexible work environment, a lot of internal promotion opportunities.

ConsOften make decisions and move to implement without fully understanidng all day-today operations and actions, this leave this end user scrambling to pick up the pieces and make everything come back togetehr to try and ease the burden form the field.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay more attention to the details provided by the end users before moving forward with major project systems. Listening to the voice of the users up front will eliminate a lot of the issues that pop up after a "go-live" event.

Typical Staffing Company Disappointed Greatly

Temp (Former Employee)
    Jersey City, NJ

ProsFlexible schedule, varying levels of commitment

ConsLow Wages, No benefits, poor employee services

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease wages

Could be a great place...

Paralegal (Former Employee)
    Tacoma, WA

ProsI worked at corporate as a temp in the legal department. True Blue could be a great place to work if they got a handle on office politics. The people are great to work with. I got caught in the crossfire of office politics. My red flag should have been my first day when I was told my upper management that they all love to gossip. If you just want to go to work and get your job done, I'd steer clear of any citrate environment. My biggest advice would be to keep your nose clean and don't get caught up in the politics. The people really are great though. They pay decently and management is eager to help you develop your knowledge base. It would be great for an entry-level legal professional.

ConsPolitics
    Gossip
    Too many outings - distracts from work

Let's streamline upper management and and build up the branch staff to get the job done.

Field Manager (Current Employee)
    Chicago, IL

ProsMany job opportunities across the US. Variety of diiferent jobs throughout the company, including jobs that are promoted from within the company.

ConsCurrently unstable work environment. Company is "top heavy" with management staff. Temporary labor jobs are very susceptable to local economy, causing job loss through branch closures to be very common in the cuurent job market in mosr areas of the country.

Advice to Senior ManagementDownsize upper management, upsize branch and field operations staff. Many branches are undetr staffed, creating a situation where we don't have the resources to get the work, but we need the work to keep the workers. It seems a mystery to many field staff just what some upper management people actually do. Don't cut back on the essentials in order to keep the expendables.

Promotes 'political ' performers

ProsThis is a growing company,with a lot of opportunity. They expose great values, and their mission statement is solid and extremely worthwhile. There is a lot of potential at TrueBlue

ConsThe values that senior leadership promotes, are not lived by the senior leadership.

This is an extremely high politics work environment, where adept political performers acheived high results quickly, and people that do good, hard , heads down work, and are easily lost in the shuffle.

We've recently seen hard working, award winning employees terminated without apparent cause.

Advice to Senior ManagementLive the values and mission statement you have taken so much care in crafting. Spend time seeking the high end performers not by listening to the most vocal, but by watching. Seek first to understand ..... And then to be understood

Worked for TrueBlue? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at TrueBlue reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for TrueBlue CEO Steve Cooper. All 19 reviews posted anonymously by TrueBlue employees.