TrueBridge Resources

Updated December 9, 2014
3.1

TrueBridge Resources President Scott Kriscovich
Scott Kriscovich

It's a great staffing company!

I have been working at TrueBridge Resources

Pros

I have been working as an affiliate for close to 4 years now. I have been staffed at excellent companies and have been treated with appreciation for the TrueBridge staff. Smart people, helpful recruiters and resource folks. I have a real loyalty to this company as they have earned it through there loyalty to me.

Cons

The only negative are benefits, you get them while you are working but are immediately kicked off at the end of the month of your contract. It then takes up to 30 days to get back on- so there are lots of gaps that are aggravating in coverage.

Keep doing what you are doing.

Consultant

I worked at TrueBridge Resources

Pros

A job with very low pay. Somewhat of autonomy in role. No supervision.

Cons

Pay very low. Very unorganized management. Left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.

This staffing company has been the best I've seen at supporting their resources throughout their SOW lifecycle.

Former Employee - Analyst in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Analyst in Charlotte, NC

I worked at TrueBridge Resources as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

Account Managers & Recruiters do a good job at listening to their resources to mitigate risks on the projects and provide support. This is also the only staffing company I've found to offer any sort of PTO. Very nice!

Cons

I worked many projects for Truebridge while under their umbrella, but my rate stayed fairly flat despite large swings in bill rates. I obviously don't know what calculations were performed on the back end, but it leaves the resource feeling confused and a little cheated.

Offer more trarnsparency to the resources you're placing and help them feel more like a team - especially when North Highlanders are involved. The segregation between Directs, Affiliates and NH FTEs is very confusing and often isolating in various circumstances.

Shame

I worked at TrueBridge Resources full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great pay, comp plans, benefits; flexible working environment

Cons

Leadership team has no prior experience or knowledge of the staffing industry- how rediculous is that?! Poor decisions are made as a result. A very unique and inviting culture changed to bottom line number focus only and in turn created typical industry turnover in the organization.

Rely more on the team of experts you have in the field- they have worked and breathed this industry for years and they know best.

Hired guns for NorthHighland

I worked at TrueBridge Resources

Pros

Lots of autonomy / accountability. Get to work locally / good work-life balance. Good, talented people in general. As a contractor, can work a few months, finish the project, then do something else / somewhere else without penalty.

Cons

No onboarding or training in NorthHighland approaches. No IP or standard approaches are evident - no templates or methodologies or network of SMEs to leverage. You are on your own. Basically NorthHighland/TrueBridge is staff augmentation for clients with big projects. Also, if the client wants to cut back or changes occur in the project, the TrueBridge consultants are the first to go, with virtually no notice.

Address the 2nd class citizen status of TrueBridge affiliates; institute proper onboarding; created subject matter communities of practice with actual IP, networks, etc.

Horrible after the project ended

Current Employee - Change Management Consultant in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Change Management Consultant in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at TrueBridge Resources as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

pay, great client, work life balance

Cons

Bad communication, Recruiters don't do their job

Hire recruiters that will do their job

They are very unorganized, but helpful in the interview process

Former Employee - Communication Specialist in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Communication Specialist in Washington, DC

I worked at TrueBridge Resources full-time (less than an year)

Pros

They will help you achieve your project goals

Cons

They do not have very good benefits. The amount of leave time during the project is not realistic and includes all leave.

Consider the needs of the modern worker and accommodate as much as possible. A happy and secure employee is a good employee.

Better than most consulting firms

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at TrueBridge Resources as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Compensation is good
    Benefits are excellent and affordable
    My recruiter stayed in touch and was as concerned with my satisfaction as with my performance

Cons

Since the RIF, good luck getting in touch with your new recruiter (especially if you're between assignments)

Viewing your resources as people rather than commodities is what set you apart fro the other consulting firms out there. You're starting to lose that.

Management too political, too "unaware" of what goes on, many unqualified

I worked at TrueBridge Resources full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Some great people work there
    Company tries to implement new policies/initiatives to allow for personal/professional growth - thought process in right place
    Some leadership is very motivating and appreciative
    Company associated with larger, well-known consulting firm

Cons

Hire managers w/o enough exp to lead Sr. level employees
    Some of the leadership is lazy and not involved with what is really going on
    Some non-management employees are exalted above others and allowed to circumvent standard rules and procedures
    Political environment
    Rarely promote from within
    Too much turnover
    Poor communication company-wide
    Implement programs for professional/personal growth - talk about them for years but nothing is ever offered unless you are one of the original employees
    Internal competition between 2 divisions within this company - after same business and candidates

Be careful who you hire to manage your teams. Managers should have years of prior experience and a "get in the ditch and roll up your sleeves" mentality. Work on better motivational techniques, most managers tend to lead via email - very impersonal. If you offer professional growth via training, education reimbursement and promotions...than do it...don't just talk about it.

there's nothing "true" about truebridge

Current Employee - ELearning Developer in Katy, TX
    Current Employee - ELearning Developer in Katy, TX

I have been working at TrueBridge Resources as a contractor

Pros

Got me out of another job I hated to do contract work for them

Cons

They ended up being a worse company than my last job in many ways.
    -Shady clients who treat people like they have no rights
    -Rude recruiters who are also quite condescending
    -Do the client's dirty work for them
    -Let you go with no warning at client's bidding, even if they know in advance
    -Doesn't pay out accumulated PTO upon resignation and won't let you use it before resigning
    -don't pay you what your skills are worth
    -treat you like garbage when you leave even though you're the bread and butter of their company
    -shady exiting strategies
    -Dehumanizing treatment

Remember that contractors make you money and that just because someone resigns doesn't mean you won't need them in the future. So remember that before you're rude and condescending to them upon their resignation. People will start calling you burn bridge instead of true bridge