TruePosition

TruePosition CEO Stephen Stuut

Stephen Stuut

OK

ProsNice place to learn E911 industry

ConsLong hours, many lay offs, management turn over

Job Stability

Senior Lead Systems Test & Integration Engineer (Former Employee) Berwyn, PA

ProsWork surroundings and location was ideal, HR was great with employee activities

ConsConstant layoffs & rearranging of work force..

Advice to Senior ManagementMore employee friendly

Great people to work with, very interesting technology 10 years ago.

Senior Engineer (Former Employee) Berwyn, PA

ProsGreat pay and good benefits, get to work with some large wireless telecommunication companies. You can learn a lot from the most knowledgeable engineers in the location and wireless communication industry.

ConsAside from the initial offering of enhanced 911, none of the other location projects seem to have infiltrated the market. Working mainly with GSM networks makes you less marketable.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook forward, concentrate on using location based technology rather than litigating to make the numbers.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Formerly vibrant exciting company waiting for next upswing

Project Manager (Former Employee) Berwyn, PA

ProsGood work atmosphere, good compensation, nice balance of work and life, welcoming to new employees/contractors, strong cross functional teams, nice environment

ConsTop heavy with VP/Director level employees, many lay-offs, no forward momentum, working in an industry sector with little upside, loss of manycustomers

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Good Initial Product - But No Further Innovations

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Berwyn, PA

ProsGreat Benefits, Company helps Public Safety

ConsNo future business insight, company is dying

Advice to Senior ManagementToo late... sorry

Good technology, not enough sales

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe technology works well and as intended. The benefits (401k, health care, education reimbursement) were all top notch. The employees are dedicated and hard working.

ConsThe cost to manufacture and deploy it is too expensive. Management has reacted to the market rather than proactively updating the technology and sales market for their products. Management has remained the same for years, but have not introduced any new contracts.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on reducing cost of the product and deployment.

A mixture of interesting work with reliance on too many outdated technologies.

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) Berwyn, PA

ProsCompensation was great - The company always backed up their words with their compensation.
    Some of the work is really interesting.

ConsTerrible management with poor direction.
    Some really awful tech in dev - Clearcase/ClearQuest stand out here.
    Waterfall development model, but there are scrums so they call it agile.

Advice to Senior ManagementLiquidate and take as much profit as you can.

One hit wonder.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Berwyn, PA

ProsVery good compensation and benefits for this region of the country. Interesting and challenging work.

ConsManagement team. Liberty Media ownership. Liberty Media operates as an investment banker, treating TruePosition as an annuity from its maintenance contracts with AT&T and T-Mobile. There's little understanding of the technology and how to leverage it in new markets, as demonstrated by allowing itself to invest and lose tens of millions in a failed attempt to go from a niche safety and security 911 location firm to a consumer electronics firm. And entrusting this failure to executives with no background in that field.

Advice to Senior ManagementLayoffs are a morale killer. Annual RIF's are worse than a morale killer, they demonstrate senior management's complete disregard for people, their families, and the local community. Advice: figure out what TruePosition is and truly right-size rather than capsize.

Great place to work with great benefits

ProsTerrific benefits, flexibility, fun team building events. Interesting technology in a fast developing market. They are concerned with the welfare of their employees.

ConsGrowth, volatility in the marketplace. It is an ever changing field and can be difficult to penetrate the market globally.

Expect to be laid off eventually

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe benefits are good, not great. Initial salary is good.

ConsALL decisions are money driven. Opportunities for advancement are basically nil. Raises are a joke. Every 6 months they go through lay-offs. As a whole, they treat employees as though they have no self control or maturity.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees like adults rather than using blanket policies to punish everyone for some other individuals' bad behavior.

Worked for TruePosition? Contribute to the Community!