Trulia

Trulia Reviews

Updated Jun 27, 2014

Trulia Founder & CEO Pete Flint

Pete Flint

Pros:
  • "Work/Life balance is actually pretty good for an indirect sales role"
    in 15 reviews
  • "Also great benefits and perks with excellent training program"
    in 10 reviews
Cons:
  • "The only thing I didn't like about Trulia was the employee turn around (specifically for inside sales)"
    in 10 reviews
  • "Some people with past sales experience even struggle when it comes to selling to real estate agents"
    in 5 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Call center environment masked as high powered sales machine.

Inside Sales (Former Employee)
    Denver, CO

ProsBenefits are fantastic! Company Happy hours. Nice break room area with snacks supplied....like lots of snacks. Your co-workers are really nice.

ConsCheerleader style management. High stress. Ever increasing goals/budgets to hit....to make money. Quotas that go up mid month. Constantly changing goals and initiatives keeps $ out of reach. You would think they manage to try and not pay you a commission. Seriously.

Seems like they solely manage to the stock price. Goals skyrocket when they need a good quarterly report. Trulia seems very happy to constantly keep the commission check just out of reach. Even though we are hitting record sales numbers the commission checks have becoming more elusive.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou are practically printing money over there. Take care of the people who sell all that advertising. No more rah rah, cheerleader style leadership. We show the results....you show me the money!

This is the best company i have worked for in my life

Denver, CO

ProsTrulia was the best choice i have made in years. I'm a single parent who has a manager who is flexible if my child is sick and i need to leave. The benefits and time off are amazing. This is the first corp i have worked for where i believe my voice can be heard. You can beat an easy 8 hour day quotas that are attainable.

ConsWe cold call, cold calling is never fun but i have been in this industry for years and Trulia is well known in Real Estate so it isn't that bad.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep Hiring from within. The best managers are the ones who know what you are going through.

Fun place to work! Reasonable goals, awesome benefits!

Centennial, CO

ProsEveryone at the company does what they say they will do. From the first day I started and every single day after - if someone says something is going to happen - it does. The benefits, people, and culture can't be beat. I have fun every single day and I love coming to work! The hours are great, the training and trainers make you feel supported from day one. I really appreciate the company being in Centennial and I am so glad that I accepted the job offer!

ConsThere is constant change so you have to be a flexible worker - but the change has always been for the better. If you like competition and pushing yourself to constantly improve - this is the place for you!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work - I love that every employee takes the IMPACT values of Trulia and lives by them.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Awesome Work Environment!

Priority Accounts Representative (Current Employee)
    Denver, CO

ProsThe energy here is awesome! Although it's competitive, everyone here is super cool and more than willing to lend a hand at any time. The trainers are great too! I had very limited experience in sales before I started here, now after only a few months I feel like an expert in my field. and that's a true testament to the dedicated trainers we have on staff. It's super exciting and fun to work for an organization that is constantly evolving and growing. Although Trulia is a publicly traded company and there are like 300 people who work here, It truly has a small business family atmosphere. On top of all that, Trulia gives its employees the best benefits imaginable.

ConsBecause we are growing so rapidly, we are also hiring like crazy. As a result, sometimes our leads can be scarce because they are being distributed amongst so many people. However Trulia is about to launch a multi-million dollar advertising campaign, so leads should not be a concern for much longer.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy only advice to management would be to keep listening to the front line employees and keep taking their suggestions/thoughts/concerns into consideration. It's one of the reasons the work environment here is so awesome!

Easily the best career decision I have ever made!

Denver, CO

ProsA culture that's hard to put into words. It's absolutely incredible and needs to be witnessed first hand (Monthly Happy Hrs, costume days, Corn-hole and ping pong tournaments, Top-Performer 'get aways' in Cabo, monthly recognition dinners, just to name a few)

Upward mobility: Constant internal promotions from all departments

Incredible hands-on training during your first 30 days (as opposed to being thrown to the wolves)

Ongoing training and reinforcement to make you an overall stronger sales professional.

Health Benefits are tough to beat (Trulia really does care about their employees)

People Matter: Your voice is always heard and the best ideas win. Tenure does not play a big part of decisions, Trulia puts the right people in the right seat.

ConsLike any sales job it can be a grind at times, mentality is everything.

I love working here!

ProsIncredible training! The people here sincerely care about your success. Colorado-based Sean, Alex, Chris, and Dwight all do an incredible job of preparing new training classes to hit the ground running as soon as they're introduced to the sales floor. And, once on the floor, the company does a great job of showing they care about their employees long-term. Awesome benefits as well as in-office perks (yoga, fully stocked kitchen, etc.) are all great incentives to do your best here everyday.

Management has a genuine work hard/play hard mentality. When you work hard, you will be rewarded with go-home early goals, happy hours, and special events. Your manager will also do everything in their power to help you progress your career at Trulia. With uncapped commissions, the sky is truly the limit here!

ConsBecause the company is growing so quickly, sometimes the space at our office feels a little tight and disconnected.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing! Positivity, encouragement, and rewards are all great ways to keep us growing strong!

Warning! All below five star reviews are fake!!!!!! Here is a real one.....

Inside Sales (Current Employee)
    Denver, CO

ProsFree food. Cheap gifts, about it.

ConsThe comp plans are the worst I have ever seen. They double your quota slowly...but surely!!! They do not reward their top reps in any real way. The best you will get are crappie RSUs. Ooo a prize here and there! Get real!!! I would rather earn 20k move a year for what I am worth, instead of some crap speaker set. THIS JOB IS HARD!!!!!!!!!! LIKE REALLY, REALLY HARD!!!! IT GETS HARDER EVERY DAY! STOP GIVING US CRAP PAY SO YOU CAN HIRE MORE WORK HORSES! LEADS ARE GETTING THINNER BY THE DAY, BUT QUOTA GOES UP!

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen you make the job sound easy, you sound dumb! If I am told one more time how much money I make, when I don't, I am going to flip out!

Great place to work!

Denver, CO

ProsGreat work/ life balance, awesome benefits and fun managers!

ConsInside sales can be taxing, but the good energy keeps things alive

Fun atmosphere, however sales structure is set up too aggressively

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsLike all sales great potential to make big money and enjoyed the break room with food and ping pong

ConsGeneral feeling of anyone getting the ax at any moment. Also the commission structure was setup so that you could retroactively lose money up to two or three months later if a client was no longer int in paying for the service.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider a small bonus whether or not a customer signs up long term.

Amazing culture with lots of vertical mobility.

Inside Sales (Current Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

ProsTrulia has culture that is unmatched. From first Friday happy hours at the penthouse, to fireside chats with keynote-level speakers, Trulia truly went above an beyond to keep employees happy and motivated. I literally liked everyone I met while I worker there.

ConsThe only thing I didn't like about Trulia was the employee turn around (specifically for inside sales). For a while, the inside sales team was a revolving door of mediocre talent. This was mostly due to the type of sale Trulia catered to, but it still was hard knowing 8/10 people hired weren't going to make it past the 3 month mark.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing.

Worked for Trulia? Contribute to the Community!

Trulia Videos

Trulia – Why Work for Us?

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Trulia reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Trulia CEO Pete Flint. All 143 reviews posted anonymously by Trulia employees.