Trulia

Trulia Reviews

Updated Jun 27, 2014

Trulia Founder & CEO Pete Flint

Pete Flint

Pros:
  • "Work/Life balance is actually pretty good for an indirect sales role"
    in 15 reviews
  • "Also great benefits and perks with excellent training program"
    in 10 reviews
Cons:
  • "The only thing I didn't like about Trulia was the employee turn around (specifically for inside sales)"
    in 10 reviews
  • "Some people with past sales experience even struggle when it comes to selling to real estate agents"
    in 5 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Great opportunities and culture

Human Resources Intern (Current Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

ProsWorking at Trulia has a been an incredible experience. I have only been with the company for one month, but during my time I have been given a lot of learning opportunities and support. Everyone I have met has been encouraging and driven. The company values work life balance and makes efforts to keep its employees informed about latest news and provide feedback.

ConsCurrently Trulia has three offices in San Francisco. They are close to one another but still divided. This complaint is a minor and will be resolved soon as Trulia will be moving into one main office by the end of this year.

Advice to Senior ManagementOverall happy working at Trulia. Great opportunities. Understanding, caring culture.

The best company to work for!

Engineering (Current Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

ProsTrulia is located in the coolest part of the best city in the US, besides that their products are awesome and super innovative, they are really revolutionizing the real state world like no one has ever done it before.

Upper management is full of brilliant people that will lead the company to great success,and anybody that says the opposite, definitely don't know what they are talking about. The culture is awesome, everybody loves to work here and you can see that everybody is super happy to be here.

ConsNot many at all. I am thinking very hard to think of something but I cannot come up with something bad.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing

Good info if thinking about working for Trulia

Account Executive (Former Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

ProsGood people working there. Managers are very open and always available for questions/help. Generally had a 1on1 meeting w/ manager once a week to discuss numbers and your current quota, pacing, projecting, etc.. Also great benefits and perks with excellent training program. However, if you do not like to cold-call 75-100 real estate agents/per day...this job is not for you.

ConsToo aggressive of quotas (sometimes). When I worked there- 2 parts to quota: 1. new subs (new subscribers) and 2. Rev (revenue). The quotas would change month-to-month (as most sales jobs) but would constantly change prices of products we offered and add or discontinue others. My advice- go in as an AR (account rep) vs. an AE (account exec). Yes base salary is a little lower but so is quota which will allow you to exceed your overall monthly quota to make more money vs being an AE and having trouble hitting numbers month in and month out.

Advice to Senior ManagementLess meetings. Generally would have 10-15 meetings per week when most of the info could be sent through email. Be more realistic with quotas. HIGHER quota payouts (which I know they have been working on).

Overall though: good managers!

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Down-to-earth leadership, accessible career growth, compassionate coworkers

San Francisco, CA

ProsAutonomy over your own work, visibility and responsibility in front of senior leadership, clarity of what success means. Transparent leaders and increasing brand awareness for the company at large are confidence inspiring. I left a well-regarded, Mountain View-based blue-chip Internet 2.0 company and came to Trulia because the people here are warm in their interactions and competent in their output; those qualities were clear during my interview process and have solidified from opinion to fact since I became part of the Trulian family.

Cherry on top: It's a dog friendly office! There are literally two dogs at my feet as I type this.

ConsWe have too much fruit in the office? I hate that I have no excuse to not go to the gym now that my company is paying for it? I'm grabbing at straws here.

Realistically optimistic - Review after 6 months of employment

Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee)
    Denver, CO

ProsAn extremely down to earth work environment. Most everyone is very laid back and outgoing. The training program is bar-none, one of the best from a grassroots approach. For the most part you're provided with the tools to succeed within your given position and continually encouraged to reach out for help when needed. A select group of Managers and Trainers their will be the ones to go to when you need them, find them.

ConsElitism - There are several different business lines within Trulia. If you're low on the totem pole, you're treated like as such. Lack of continuity - Too many mixed messages, your manager will deliver a different message to you than most of your training. Close minded - For the most part, if you're not "crushing quota" you're nothing more than expendable. The reality is, the ones "crushing quota" are numbered in the 5%-10% range. Trulia misses out on an immense amount of opportunities from those who are meeting quotas, but have industry experience and innovative ideas. Archaic - When it comes to technology from a customer interface, they are right there with anyone at the top however, there internal functions are almost negligently behind and in need of a severe overhaul.

Advice to Senior ManagementThose who are top producers don't always make great managers just as much as managers aren't always top producers. Strongly suggesting a training program for your managers to become better at managing. The reality is you have such a strong group of dedicated individuals who have been their since day one and supported the company during it's infancy. They're not afforded the same dedication from you in their infancy of management which is less than desirable.

good company good pay

(Current Employee)

Prospay, freedom of expression, flexible scheduling as it is pretty constant for a family man. Great benefits. Luxury of casual dress code and a .com startup atmospher.

Consconstant change of sales goals, sales mentality constant moving of office desks, and computers, goals of company change more than the seasons. Company uses a rah rah type of mentality to encourage sales reps to reach their rediculous quotas, instead of using actual tools to help employees reach lofty goals. Senior Mangement is a joke and cant sell the product themselves in most cases. Company cares about the stock of the company more than the value of its employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your emplyees better, stop treating your workforce like a revolving door. Stop hiring en masse. Help your employees succeed with coaching, call listening and tools, versus threats of termination or a rah rah speech. IT doesnt help and most of us hate it.

Great possibilities...mediocre execution.

Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee)
    Denver, CO

ProsThe general population is an awesome group full of talent, enthusiasm, positivity, and energy. The food pantry is a nice perk and the fringe benefits were awesome. The benefits package is ample and the employee stock option is sweet.

ConsThe fraternity of middle and upper management leaves plenty to be desired. It is understandably hard to work in conditions when there are no precedents that have been set. That being said, people deserve management that is as motivated as those that work for them.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend as much if not more time developing and supporting your staff as you do in closed door meetings.

Great company. Love working here!

Front-end Software Engineer (Current Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

ProsThe engineering department is talented and innovation plays a key role. There are quarterly innovation weeks that allow developers to work on anything they are passionate about. The benefits are great culture is fun.

ConsNot much I can think of.

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat work!

Best Company I Have Ever Worked For

Manager (Current Employee)
    Centennial, CO

ProsThis is the best company. I have worked for many others and none compare. The grass really is greener over here!

ConsNone. No company will make everyone happy, but this is the closest I have found!

Good place to be

Senior Sales Representative (Former Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

Proslots of good atmosphere, good energy, great platform

Conscan be moving more towards corporate from the startup side. Sales team is very separate

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up

Worked for Trulia? Contribute to the Community!

Trulia Videos

Trulia – Why Work for Us?

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Trulia reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Trulia CEO Pete Flint. All 143 reviews posted anonymously by Trulia employees.