Trulia

Updated December 11, 2014
3.5

Trulia Founder & CEO Pete Flint
Pete Flint

Pros
  • Work/Life balance is actually pretty good for an indirect sales role (in 19 reviews)

• Also great benefits and perks with excellent training program (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • You have to talk to a lot of real estate agents (in 9 reviews)

• The only thing I didn't like about Trulia was the employee turn around (specifically for inside sales) (in 11 reviews)

More Highlights

Too many changes going on

I have been working at Trulia

Pros

Days go by fast, high energy

Cons

Call center, not sales, poor base salary, poor commission structure. Quotas go up and up and up but payout always stays the same. After about year 1 you realize you're cheap labor.

Management is actually pretty cool!

Great company, excellent benefits, good people, great income potential

Former Employee - Acquisitions in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Acquisitions in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Trulia full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Exceptional training and support, great company culture, strong income potential (top sales reps earning 200k), and the free snacks are awesome!

Cons

Schedule 7am-4pm not for everyone, but if you are an early riser, its really a great schedule.

Keep up the good work, you are a top level company, employees are luckier than they realize

Great entry career with decent opportunities to make great income.

Current Employee - Account Representative in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Account Representative in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Trulia

Pros

Stock options, great benefits, uncapped commission and bonuses, amazing work-life balance

Cons

Very low base pay for sales reps.

Increase base pay for the sales reps. Everything else is fantastic.

accept an offer here....if it is your ONLY offer:)

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I worked at Trulia full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

free food/drinks, ping pong, nice facilities

great for entry level people looking for someone to give them a shot on the phones, serious sales professionals stay away

Cons

leadership.

phony culture.

saturated market, (when interviewing for sales ask them how many real estate agents can actually afford their product...15% of agents can afford $400 or more / month, don't listen to the great opportunity of 1 million + agents, most sell 1 house a year and make less than 30k).

RE agents very very very unprofessional, this is not b2b, just b2c, very transactional, 100+ calls a day to people who are getting 100+ calls a day, they don't understand business, they don't trust you and they don't want to talk to you. and most of the time you're not helping them, you're just talking them into something that will never work for them. and then they call you and cancel, all the time, no one sticks with their contract.

But all this will be fixed when the acquisition by Zillow goes through...because Zillow is great:)

none.

A diamond in the rough!

Current Employee - Recruiter in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Denver, CO

I have been working at Trulia full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great environment! Casual, fun, and energetic. Lots of perks come with being a Trulia employee. 100% paid benefits, lots of PTO, employee stock, and a great work/life balance to name just a few. Lots of growth and career advancement opportunities. Leadership is awesome. They don't rule with an iron fist here. Approachable management who foster suggestions, ideas, and innovation. If you are looking for an environment in line with Google, Zappos, or any other tech/dotcom company, make sure to check these guys out.

Cons

None that I have experienced. A few bad reviews from angry sales people who haven't cut it. I almost didn't take the job here based on some negative reviews. Don't buy into these angry reviews. Trulia offers so many opportunities for success and employee satisfaction. It's only fair that they expect a lot from their employees. If you are in sales, you have a 5 month ramp up time and plenty of tools and resources to be successful. It's sales, so if you are not producing, then there isn't a place here for you. No different than any other sales position. There is a reason Trulia has been voted one of the best places to work for the last 3 years.

Keep doing what you are doing. For the people who work hard and are loyal, we appreciate all that you do for us. Thank you for being open to suggestions, for being mentors and coaches, and for making this a fun place to work.

Wonderful Culture/Amazing People

Current Employee - Product Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Product Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Trulia full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Coming from another well-respected tech company the bar that Trulia had to meet was high, but since I have been here I have been impressed by the leadership, culture and fast-paced work environment. I am consistently challenged and feel my responsibility growing. Can't beat the fun times either! Love the happy hours and the pet friendly office :)

Cons

So far I haven't seen any!

Amazing company to work for. The energy is contagious.

I have been working at Trulia full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Company culture. Strong focus on employee and employee development. Strong communication.

Cons

Typical trials of a start up culture that is facing increased marketplace scrutiny.

Org is a bit too top heavy. A lot of directors, not enough managers and analysts. Stronger product road map with a clear distinct focus/vision. Increased focus on stock price and Revenue/EBITDA getting in the way of true growth.

Excellent

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Trulia full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Everything that this job offers is great. I feel that the trulia is only going to be a stronger place to work for.

Cons

none none none none none none none none none none none none none none i dont have anything negative to say trulia really takes care of their employees.....

keep doing what you are doing

Great place to work

I worked at Trulia full-time

Pros

New SF building location in the financial district
    Great culture and co-workers
    Weekly stocked kitchen
    Quarterly innovation week
    Supportive, hardworking environment

Cons

Some uncertainty with the Zillow acquisition, however, overall optimistic
    Some disconnect within the departments, but so do most companies

Great if you can keep your job long enough

Current Employee - Inside Sales in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Inside Sales in Denver, CO

I have been working at Trulia full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The friends you make. Pay is good, but only IF you it insane quotas and IF you last.

Cons

Constantly seeing those friends being fired. It is hard not knowing if your new best friend will make it through the week. I have now seen 7 of my close friends let go in the last year. Not to mention, they are going to drop us like flies when the Zillow deal goes through. Couldn't care less about our strengths. The second you stop overachieving their expectations you are forgotten, along with your accomplishments.

What you expect is INSANE! Stop killing people off!