Trulia

Trulia Reviews

Updated Aug 1, 2014

Trulia Founder & CEO Pete Flint

Pete Flint

Pros
  • Work/Life balance is actually pretty good for an indirect sales role (in 16 reviews)

• Also great benefits and perks with excellent training program (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • The only thing I didn't like about Trulia was the employee turn around (specifically for inside sales) (in 10 reviews)

• Some people with past sales experience even struggle when it comes to selling to real estate agents (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Great benefits, casual work environment, bizarre hiring practices

Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) Bellevue, WA

ProsDecent pay and above standard benefits were great qualities, as was being able to wear jeans to work. Free beverages, a ping pong table, and ergonomic desks that can be moved with the touch of a button were nice perks. Direct managers and supervisors were good bosses,

ConsAfter finalizing the merger with Market Leader, a reduction in force eliminated me and 25% of the department I worked in. "Eliminating redundancy in positions..." was the HR line. Two weeks later, they were hiring for the same positions again.

AMAZING

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsIve been working at trulia for about 8 weeks now, and its amazing. Where do I start, everyone is reeeaalllly smart but no one is cocky about it, you can get help on any project at anytime. The management hang out with us regular employees, which makes you feel at home, really transparent. There are no set hours, you are just expected to get your work done ie no micromanaging yay. Tons of perks, really close to bart, I kind of dont even want to write this. I dont want a flood of people coming for my job, but trulia is just so awesome

ConsI dont know, if I ever run into something ill be sure to edit.

Advice to Senior ManagementI love you

AMAZING!

Mobile Engineer (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsIt has been an amazing experience. There is a big focus on work and life balance. Everyone is very encourage. A lot of room for growth and learning. Best job ever.

ConsThere is absolutely no cons to the job.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Hands down the best company I've worked at in the Bay

Software Engineer (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsEverything from the interview process to my first few days writing actual code, really pushed my Engineering abilities to the limits. If you enjoy being challenged and working with very talented people this is the place to be.
    Other things I love:
    -Flexible-ish schedule
    -Commute/ gym reimbursement
    -No jerks policy. I mean seriously, so many cool and happy people here.
    -great healthcare coverage
    -work / life balance
    -Lunch roulette

Cons-Very limited telecommuting opportunities.
    -your plate will be pretty packed most days, so there aren't as many opportunities to learn/incorporate technologies that will ultimately allow us to be more productive.

Advice to Senior ManagementOur plates are usually too full. Hire more interns / junior team members for us to offload the medial tasks to, so we have more time to optimize our products/processes.

Otherwise GREAT work team!

Trulia is not only Customer-obsessed...they are Employee Obsessed too!

Manager, Strategic Partnerships (Current Employee) Mesa, AZ

ProsMy decision to continue to pour my talent, time and effort into Trulia continues to be re-affirmed by the many benefits they continue to provide employees. I spend a considerable time working- yet, I enjoy it because Trulia provides ways for me to be the best I can be. Gym memberships benefits, education benefits, events with co-workers that promote health and fitness...It isn't hard to see that Trulia values me personally and wants to ensure I am set up for success.

ConsI work remote so I am not readily at all the company functions- so I do miss out on the camaraderie most of the time. However, when I am in town to collaborate with my colleagues- I feel appreciated and valued.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep communicating as you do- I love hearing about our team, our innovations and how we are delighting our customers.

Like a bad relationship

Account Executive (Former Employee) Denver, CO

ProsFree food, great health benefits

ConsGuarantee to raise quotas so more than half of the sales floor doesn't hit it and then writes them up for it. On a team of 40, 21 people missed the ridiculously high quota and you see nothing wrong theirs a problem.

When I started they had 10-12 people per training class now they have 30-40 with a very low retention rate.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't be so greedy help your employees, lack of growth many people just move from one department to the next.

Awesome place to be

Software Engineer (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsWorking in the engineering department is a pleasure. No shortage of interesting projects and an agile development environment with weekly releases keeps everything interesting. The management hierarchy doesn't feel oppressive, and coworkers are both nice and smart. Flexible hours depending on team, frequent outings, lunches, and other ways of relaxing.

ConsAs an engineer, it takes time to figure out the nuances of the realty world, and even then there are people specifically hired to help teams understand.

The best company to work for!

Engineering (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsTrulia is located in the coolest part of the best city in the US, besides that their products are awesome and super innovative, they are really revolutionizing the real state world like no one has ever done it before.

Upper management is full of brilliant people that will lead the company to great success,and anybody that says the opposite, definitely don't know what they are talking about. The culture is awesome, everybody loves to work here and you can see that everybody is super happy to be here.

ConsNot many at all. I am thinking very hard to think of something but I cannot come up with something bad.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing

Great opportunities and culture

Human Resources Intern (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsWorking at Trulia has a been an incredible experience. I have only been with the company for one month, but during my time I have been given a lot of learning opportunities and support. Everyone I have met has been encouraging and driven. The company values work life balance and makes efforts to keep its employees informed about latest news and provide feedback.

ConsCurrently Trulia has three offices in San Francisco. They are close to one another but still divided. This complaint is a minor and will be resolved soon as Trulia will be moving into one main office by the end of this year.

Advice to Senior ManagementOverall happy working at Trulia. Great opportunities. Understanding, caring culture.

Realistically optimistic - Review after 6 months of employment

Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) Denver, CO

ProsAn extremely down to earth work environment. Most everyone is very laid back and outgoing. The training program is bar-none, one of the best from a grassroots approach. For the most part you're provided with the tools to succeed within your given position and continually encouraged to reach out for help when needed. A select group of Managers and Trainers their will be the ones to go to when you need them, find them.

ConsElitism - There are several different business lines within Trulia. If you're low on the totem pole, you're treated like as such. Lack of continuity - Too many mixed messages, your manager will deliver a different message to you than most of your training. Close minded - For the most part, if you're not "crushing quota" you're nothing more than expendable. The reality is, the ones "crushing quota" are numbered in the 5%-10% range. Trulia misses out on an immense amount of opportunities from those who are meeting quotas, but have industry experience and innovative ideas. Archaic - When it comes to technology from a customer interface, they are right there with anyone at the top however, there internal functions are almost negligently behind and in need of a severe overhaul.

Advice to Senior ManagementThose who are top producers don't always make great managers just as much as managers aren't always top producers. Strongly suggesting a training program for your managers to become better at managing. The reality is you have such a strong group of dedicated individuals who have been their since day one and supported the company during it's infancy. They're not afforded the same dedication from you in their infancy of management which is less than desirable.

Worked for Trulia? Contribute to the Community!