Truliant Federal Credit Union

Updated Apr 29, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Marcus B Schaefer

My overall experience with Truliant was very successful.

Member Service Representative (Former Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsI enjoyed my position, the members and co-workers.

ConsThe only down size was they wanted to move me to another location, I declined and left of my own decision.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere should be more communication to their employees.

College Students ONLY

ProsThere are none unless you a lazy individual who is not looking to grow or make money in this company

ConsNot much growth very stifulling company with very very very low pay, be prepared to be on Food Stamps and walk to work

It is a growing credit union

Member Service Representative (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsGreat Benefits
    Room for Advancement
    Listen to issues from employees
    Improving customer service standards
    Growing, opening up more locations in NC

ConsTraining not so helpful
    Technical issues with new system conversion
    Different rules for different branches

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure that the rules apply to all branches across the board, instead of each branch having their own "way of doing things"

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Truliant is a fantastic company to work at and they provide a small-business atmosphere with large company assets.

Member Service Representative (Former Employee) Canton, OH

ProsGreat atmosphere, attainable goals, meaningful compensation, savings opportunities (retirement), descent benefits

ConsBranch competition is pretty fierce, communication can be an issue, senior administration seems distant at times

Advice to Senior ManagementEven more sharing of the company's plan and direction would be helpful, especially with employees whose jobs are on the line.

Changes at Truliant FCU

Member Service Representative (Current Employee)

Prosmultiple locations to work at

ConsPay, communication between various levels in company

Good company... lacking upward opportunities

ProsStrong Culture and mission to the members. They do what's right

ConsLack of upward opportunity once you get into leadership

Advice to Senior ManagementReward performance not tenure when evaluating potential candidates

This employer was a major stepping stone in my career.

Member Service Representative (Former Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsMy favorite thing about this job was being able to work at my own financial institution.

ConsThe only downside was that I was only a part-time employee. I began working there when I was a student working on my first degree. After I graduated, I needed full-time work. They didn't have a full-time position available. I had to go with another opportunity.

Advice to Senior ManagementBranch meetings within the branch would be a great benefit if they aren't already in effect. It has been a few years since I have been employed there.

Manager

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Winston-Salem, NC

Prosexcellent benefits, great work environment, very positive company culture

Consnone that I can think of

Advice to Senior Managementnone

Not recommended

Lending Representative (Former Employee) Winston-Salem, NC

ProsThe benefits here are better than average, lots of PTO (if you can request off and get it approved), gym at headquarters for all employees to use.

ConsNot rewarding, lack of opportunity, poor pay and seems to be a disconnect between employees and management. Good luck getting your concerns addressed,

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the employees. Unhappy employees are less motivated and take less pride in their work. Present some career development opportunities, less politics.

What its like to work in the Contact Center for Truliant

Contact Center (Current Employee) Winston-Salem, NC

Pros401K plan has 3% earnings matched at 100% and 50% and the next 3% earnings matched at 50%. Total of 6% contributions matched in some way is hard to find with many businesses these days. The gym has great workout equipment that has 24 hr access. Every employee is given 168 hours of PTO time each year (21 days) aside from holidays. Upper management actually care about you and want the best for you. There are monthy birthday parties, great incentives for job performance and sitting with co-workers in a team setting with no walls between you and your neighbors makes for a great environment to carry on conversations and enjoy each other's company.

ConsIn the Contact Center, there is low job satisfaction due to it not being a department that has many opportunities for advancement as well as dealing with the pressure of an angry mob of people calling and ranting every day (a person's money is a touchy subject). Usually, people leave to work in other departments or leave the credut union due to the high stress factor of the Contact Center or if one is seeking a higher paycheck. Contact Center management will become pushy and agitated when the call volumes spike. This adds to our stress, trying to do the job well but avoid the attention of a supervisor who may think you're not doing that job as fast as you can. During this time, you are expected to take calls, take notes on what follow-up work needs to be done for that call, and set that follow-up work aside to do later. This keeps call volume down but raises risk of not completing the follow-up work as it piles higher. Now that the economy has become weaker, we have become sales agents with more focus on placing products and services in addition to answering the reason for the inbound call. Job performance weights are heavier (these days) on cross-sales than job knowledge and accuracy.

Advice to Senior ManagementI am sure the economy has caused the environment to become more sales driven than when I started working at Truliant, and I understand that. I have heard that enough of us have complained that cross-sales scoring is ridiculously higher than anything else and that the scoring is being recalculated at this time, which is great...I cannot wait to see the improvements! Aside from this, I must say that the Contact Center is a place where people want to get out of and do something that pays more and offers a less hostile environment. That is sad, since we take our job experience with us and others take months to be trained up to our level of expertise. It would be in the best interest of the company to find better ways to keep the Contact Center a calm and cool place to work. I personally don't have any idea how to achieve that, however.

Worked for Truliant Federal Credit Union? Contribute to the Community!