Truly Nolen Reviews

Rewarding!

Current Employee - Customer Service in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Service in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Truly Nolen full-time

Pros

I have worked for Truly Nolen for 6 rewarding years. It was the first large company I worked for where I met the owners face to face. They actually know the employees making them individuals not just employee numbers on a report. The training programs outshine other programs I have participated in for the same industry. They really encourage personal and professional growth by recognizing employees for achievements and providing an environment for success. The 'Core Values' and 'Purpose Statement' really sum up everything about Truly Nolen as an employer. We live it, breathe it, and have fun!

Cons

None, zilch, zero, nadda, nil

Advice to Management

(the 'con' section required five words)

Termite Technician

Former Employee - Termite Technician in Tucson, AZ
    Former Employee - Termite Technician in Tucson, AZ

I worked at Truly Nolen full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Branch meetings had food, constant food given. Constant work load

Cons

Not only you do your job. But you also have to assist and help doing either pack rat clean up or TAP which I think was wrong. I left the company because I could not take the termite truck home because it costed so much money and the possibility of doing side work. Which I wasn't going to do anyway I needed to get to work someway because my vehicle was broken.

Advice to Management

Please understand that people are really having bad economic stress. Must be nice for BM making 83k just do sit behind a desk.

Men only

Former Employee - Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Sales Representative

I worked at Truly Nolen full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly at first. Seemed honest, car. Posibilities if your a male.

Cons

Looked down on women inspectors. At first there all happy to fill a space , then its almost like they want you to fail as a women. I was refered by an existing employer that had some good things to say but he was a technician so maybe different. Listing to conversations it sounds like most females fail as a sales rep. I was told I could tranfer to the call center. Surroundings are like a man cave. Sorry lady's.

Advice to Management

Quite discriminating against female reps.

Poor Management from bottom to top

Former Employee - Pest Control Technician
    Former Employee - Pest Control Technician

I worked at Truly Nolen full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The training at first. They promote from within. It can be an good way to enter the pest control field but not much else.

Cons

Training is one size fits all. They stress about the importance of customer service and satisfaction but the way they go about it is completely backwards. It's very "fast food" when it comes to servicing an account with very strict protocols in regards to treating an account with very little concern shown for what the customers problem actually is. Too much emphasis being placed on company slogans, feel good messages and none on solving problems. Promoting from within can be a bad thing as what happened in my branch as an incompetent manager was replaced with our service manager who has more than a bit of an anger issue and the person who took over the service manager position doesn't care about his job. People in a call center in Arizona who do not know anything about the local geography are given control of your route (the "too many chefs" adage comes to mind. Very convoluted pay scheme and if you are terminated from the company you have to threaten them with legal action to get your final check in the allotted 6 days per Texas Law.

Advice to Management

Look into a top to bottom overhaul of the whole company structure. Stop reading self help books looking for the next buzzword filled slogan (Adding Value To The Lives We Touch? Seriously...... You're a pest control company. Concentrate on that) actually listen to your techs and your customers and throw out that one size fits all Four Seasons protocol which creates waste, unnecessary work, and renders some products ineffective and can run afoul of the law.

out side sales

I worked at Truly Nolen full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

enjoy working with my fellow employee's . Co-workers were very supportive of each other. often felt like a work family.

Cons

no consistency in what was required by sales staff. every few months sales goals would be achieved in a different manner. They prefer to promote management from without than from within.

Risky business

Former Employee - Sales Inspector in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Sales Inspector in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Truly Nolen full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Company car, easy to sell as long as you have good technicians . Decent training.

Cons

During training they put you in hotel with another. I had a drinker and smoker. Horrible experience. Too much back stabbing and pressure. The turn over was scary, some for stupid reasons. They let one of the most dedicated person I knew go for some reason that sounds like it was gossip. Not sure but it worried some others. Was given the hand me down car and used equipment. Was scolded for not going in attics but never would buy me a ladder. I was threatened because my shirts were wrinked, they have uniform company. Was not my fault. Too risky of a company for me. Maybe you...

Advice to Management

Calm down and get a better relationship with your employees.

Branch Asst Manager

Current Employee - Branch Assistant Manager in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Branch Assistant Manager in Miami, FL

I have been working at Truly Nolen full-time

Pros

Great benefits for all workers

Cons

Turnover is high in different areas

Advice to Management

N/a

9. Pest Control Tech

Former Employee - Pest Control Technician in Pompano Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Pest Control Technician in Pompano Beach, FL

I worked at Truly Nolen full-time (More than a year)

Pros

not good to say about this job, made some good people as friends

Cons

Company do not stand behind employees. Every pay period which was 2 times a month, from the base rate pay not the commission pay. Work long hours for no pay!!! Management is unfair and always saving their self. Company do everything to rip employees off as well as customers.

Advice to Management

Need new management all across the board. Treat employees right to provide the best customer service to the customers.

10. Great if you love people and want to keep learning and developing

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Truly Nolen full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

A lot of long-term people you can learn from; get to be involved in your own community; get to help people and do the right thing

Cons

None that I can think of... this is either a great fit for a person or it's not because there is a strong company culture to be good and helpful people.

Advice to Management

Involve more people in the planning portion and have a longer planning/training horizon

Truly Nolen

Former Employee - Sales Inspector in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Inspector in Saint Petersburg, FL

I worked at Truly Nolen full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good company with good training and values. Gives the tools necessary to be successful.

Cons

Must have a passion for sales and spend time in attics, crawls spaces when completing inspections.

RSS Feed </> Embed