Truman Medical Centers

Add Photos

John W. Bluford III

Access Representative

Contact Center Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) Kansas City, MO

Prosgreat job and great people and benefits

Consnone at this time from me

Advice to Senior Managementawesome management team

Great staff, needs leadership

ProsTalented passionate staff care about patients first

ConsCommunication of upper level management is lacking, chaotic work environment

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate clearly the direction of organization, invest in developing talent and leadership within organization.

A great oppertunity to learn nonconventional way of thinking

Clinical Team Manager (Current Employee) Kansas City, MO

ProsThere are many opportunities to learn non -conventional ways to minimize loss and increase efficiencies. Lots of opportunities due to turn over.

ConsIt is a hospital that claims to want to change yet is self limiting and relly does not want to change. They are their own worst ememy. Asked to develope and implement many impossible tasks and process. There are almost no financial reasources available to accomplish projects. Hospitial is run entirely by finance. Say they care about patients but are really more concerned with productivity and money. Totally kiss the patients rear-end.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou will spend an enomant amout of time justifying productivity and the decisions that you make. Will spend many hours a week in meetings accomplishing nothing.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not bad but certainly not the worse place to work for.

End User Computing Specialist - Senior (Former Employee) Kansas City, MO

ProsThe people. Simple as that, the people there are incredible! I worked there in IT for almost 10 years and when I left felt like I left a good portion of myself there. The benefits were not too bad.

ConsSenior management really did not interact nor engage the lower ranks of the hospital. I got the feeling that we were there servicing them half the time.

Advice to Senior ManagementCome out of your offices from time to time and find out what we are doing. Sometimes we do need your help you know?

Experience at TMC

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat learning experience. Excellent benefits.

ConsLimited resources, supplies, and staffing to care for patients. Upper management gets very high percentage raises while the other 95% are lucky to get 1% yearly.

Advice to Senior ManagementEncourage and support further education and certifications and increase pay accordingly. Staff according to census. Work on employee satisfaction/retention.

Great place to get into the healthcare industry

Patient Accounts Supervisor (Current Employee) Kansas City, MO

ProsMy director gives advancement and educational opportunities to those who want to advance or broaden their knowledge. This individual has proven to be results driven which requires the entire staff to meet standards and learn new concepts which is great.

ConsLack of numerous resources with credibility is not always available. It seems to be that everyone is out to cover themselves at all times.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement should reward excellent team members to increase morale. Great consideration in creating a development plan for those employees interested would keep employees happy.

Loved the patients.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Kansas City, MO

ProsInsurance - no copays or deductibles for medical care if you stay at the hospital and use the staff physicans.

ConsMake sure you keep documentation of everything said, done to you and keep a good lawyer close by.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry telling the truth and being professional.

My job is rewarding and I love coming to work everyday.

Medical Assistant Oncology Center (Current Employee) Kansas City, MO

ProsWe help the less fortunate.

ConsWorking with people who should not have got into healthcare.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow qualified individuals to perform certain procedures instead of tasking them to only designated level of certification. There are many procedures that I learned in the Army but in the hospital setting I can not perform them.

Experience has been a positive one. wish pay was better

Prosfree health care when recieved at truman facility

Conspay. Nurses recieve a higher shift differential, a shift differential for an entire shift, where as techs only recieve a shift differential for partial shift, and less than half of shift differential vs nurses

Excellent. Plenty of opportunities for promotion and growth.

Director (Current Employee) Kansas City, MO

ProsManagement makes you feel supported. Innovation is a plus.

ConsSometimes multiple changes at once

Advice to Senior ManagementCome around more

Worked for Truman Medical Centers? Contribute to the Community!