Trump International Hotel

Donald J. Trump

Loved it!

Former Employee - Vacation Planner in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Vacation Planner in Miami, FL

I worked at Trump International Hotel full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The company is great with a lot of room for growth! Constant trainings from HR and assistance from leadership.

Cons

The only con would be that the dress code is a little too strict. Mainly for back of the house employees.

Smug bosses

Former Employee - Pool Food Runner in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Pool Food Runner in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Trump International Hotel part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Young work force catered on giving the guests the only amenity in the hotel, the pool. Lots of eye candy, guests are overall in a good mood.

Cons

Bosses are smug, better be careful, turnover is high, bosses play favorites, they don't know what they they want and sometimes don't know how to be managers. Once I got yelled at in front of guests from a manager, it was very embarrassing as the whole pool froze. I wanted to toss him into the pool but refrained from doing so. I complained to the inept HR department who allowed me to be the victim of retaliation where my hours were cut. Very bad.

Karma comes around.

Could of been great! Trump International Waikiki

I worked at Trump International Hotel

Pros

Great pay, nice associates, good location, free parking. Other departments more supportive than home department. Sadly.

Cons

You get seduced by the Trump name but one of the Executive members was a complete nightmare. Would of loved to spend the rest of my working career there but the lack of respect, intimidation, bullying, & disrespect in my own department made it impossible. GM was great but easily manipulated by this executive. So past history so obvious but overlooked. Only going to continue and get worse.

Look at the history of the department. Every one cannot be wrong. What's the common factor, seems common sense. Don't be manipulated.

The best job of my career

I worked at Trump International Hotel full-time

Pros

Very high expectations, but great rewards if you follow through.

Cons

They ask a lot of their associates, and that can affect work/life balance on occasion.

Disappointing

Current Employee - Human Resources in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Trump International Hotel full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Management team was great to work with

Cons

The GM likes to build an environment of mistrust and discontent. He pits department heads against each other and discourages them from working as a cohesive team.

Get a new GM.

Resume builder

I have been working at Trump International Hotel

Pros

Resume builder, beautiful hotel, great location

Cons

You're basically waiting for the day you've spent enough time there to find another job. Not a happy place to work. Everyone is always stressed.

great jumpstart to a career

Former Employee - Front Desk Agent in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Front Desk Agent in Chicago, IL

I worked at Trump International Hotel full-time (more than an year)

Pros

everyone who works there has a very strong sense of pride for being the best in the city. Very fun place practices fundamental values.

Cons

Career advancement is very competitive, and opportunities can be scarce at times.

Great Hotel with great people

Current Employee - Assistant Front Desk Manager in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Assistant Front Desk Manager in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Trump International Hotel full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Senior Management really cares about you and let you know when your doing well. Really great career opportunities if you want also has other location that you could transfer to around the world unlike many hotels in Las Vegas. Great client base mostly business travelers and families.

Cons

A little under staffed at times but has gotten much better. Employee dinning room is average.

Keep up the good work. Reassurance of a job well done is power that goes a long way and is very appreciated.

One of the worst work experiences of my life

Former Employee - Server in Honolulu, HI
    Former Employee - Server in Honolulu, HI

I worked at Trump International Hotel full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Beautiful location with ocean views

Cons

The Trump Hotel in Waikiki, Hawaii was a complete mess. Cons: 1 month training making minimum wage, instead of actual training they had us opening boxes and stocking kitchens, Arrogant belittling abusive management, unorganized, no clientele, not open to suggestions, uniforms were inappropriate for being so close to the beach ( stockings and polyester skirts? ), LIES about who really owned the property ( The TRUMP name had only been liscensed), constantly being told how lucky we were to work there then being treated like crap, no marketing plan, the list goes on and on...After not being properly trained to serve in the 5 star restaurant ie...never having used to computer system barely tasted the menu and had no bus boy, food runner or sommolier they had me serve the food critics from around town. It was humiliating. Just a total mess and these people are making 6 figures geez. ...umm no thank you but thank you.

Get over yourselves! Your pompous attitudes don't fly well in Hawaii. You need to treat people with respect to get respect.

This is my current job and I have never worked for, or have known any person who has worked for, a company this bad.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Trump International Hotel

Pros

The hourly wage. That's about it. Even though the hourly is pretty good compared to most of non union Las Vegas jobs, they do this snaky little trick of considering most employees as "on call" or "seasonal" so they don't have to pay you benefits. Even if you've been there for years and have averaged 40 plus hours a week they will not label you as full time.

Cons

This is in regards to the Trump Hotel in Las Vegas. I'm not sure how the other properties are run but I cant see how it's any better. They are disorganized, unloyal and disrespectful to their staff, do not communicate with one another so you have 10 people telling you to do one thing 10 different ways, they do not train new employees and just make you figure out how to do your job on your own but are quick to write you up, suspend you or fire you (none of those have happened to me, but has to undeserving coworkers) if you make a mistake and the list goes on and on.

Stop being so lazy and show a little respect for your employees. Also, is there really a need for 8 "Directors" for such a tiny property? There's a "Director" of Food and Beverage who has zero clue of what he's doing and walks around snobby with his nose in the air when the only things he oversees is a restuarant in the lobby that is a mess in everyway possible and then a tiny little basicly sandwich shop out at the pool. This guy is so pretentious over his title of "Director" if you met him you'd think he's the Director of F&B for the Bellagio. So for all you "Directors", get over yourself. You're not impressing anybody.

Trump International Hotel Photos