Trump International Hotel

Trump International Hotel Reviews

Updated Jul 6, 2014

Donald J. Trump

Smug bosses

Pool Food Runner (Former Employee)
    Las Vegas, NV

ProsYoung work force catered on giving the guests the only amenity in the hotel, the pool. Lots of eye candy, guests are overall in a good mood.

ConsBosses are smug, better be careful, turnover is high, bosses play favorites, they don't know what they they want and sometimes don't know how to be managers. Once I got yelled at in front of guests from a manager, it was very embarrassing as the whole pool froze. I wanted to toss him into the pool but refrained from doing so. I complained to the inept HR department who allowed me to be the victim of retaliation where my hours were cut. Very bad.

Advice to Senior ManagementKarma comes around.

Great Potential

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat pay and benefits. Free parking and good location.

ConsYoung hotel. Management (not all, just a couple) do not inspire workers to give their best. At times berates and blames without offering solutions. Often intimidating.

Advice to Senior ManagementWatch your managers very closely. Listen to what workers are saying.

The best job of my career

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsVery high expectations, but great rewards if you follow through.

ConsThey ask a lot of their associates, and that can affect work/life balance on occasion.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Disappointing

Human Resources (Current Employee)
    Las Vegas, NV

ProsManagement team was great to work with

ConsThe GM likes to build an environment of mistrust and discontent. He pits department heads against each other and discourages them from working as a cohesive team.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a new GM.

Resume builder

ProsResume builder, beautiful hotel, great location

ConsYou're basically waiting for the day you've spent enough time there to find another job. Not a happy place to work. Everyone is always stressed.

great jumpstart to a career

Front Desk Agent (Former Employee)
    Chicago, IL

Proseveryone who works there has a very strong sense of pride for being the best in the city. Very fun place practices fundamental values.

ConsCareer advancement is very competitive, and opportunities can be scarce at times.

Great Hotel with great people

Assistant Front Desk Manager (Current Employee)
    Las Vegas, NV

ProsSenior Management really cares about you and let you know when your doing well. Really great career opportunities if you want also has other location that you could transfer to around the world unlike many hotels in Las Vegas. Great client base mostly business travelers and families.

ConsA little under staffed at times but has gotten much better. Employee dinning room is average.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work. Reassurance of a job well done is power that goes a long way and is very appreciated.

One of the worst work experiences of my life

Server (Former Employee)
    Honolulu, HI

ProsBeautiful location with ocean views

ConsThe Trump Hotel in Waikiki, Hawaii was a complete mess. Cons: 1 month training making minimum wage, instead of actual training they had us opening boxes and stocking kitchens, Arrogant belittling abusive management, unorganized, no clientele, not open to suggestions, uniforms were inappropriate for being so close to the beach ( stockings and polyester skirts? ), LIES about who really owned the property ( The TRUMP name had only been liscensed), constantly being told how lucky we were to work there then being treated like crap, no marketing plan, the list goes on and on...After not being properly trained to serve in the 5 star restaurant ie...never having used to computer system barely tasted the menu and had no bus boy, food runner or sommolier they had me serve the food critics from around town. It was humiliating. Just a total mess and these people are making 6 figures geez. ...umm no thank you but thank you.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet over yourselves! Your pompous attitudes don't fly well in Hawaii. You need to treat people with respect to get respect.

This is my current job and I have never worked for, or have known any person who has worked for, a company this bad.

Las Vegas, NV

ProsThe hourly wage. That's about it. Even though the hourly is pretty good compared to most of non union Las Vegas jobs, they do this snaky little trick of considering most employees as "on call" or "seasonal" so they don't have to pay you benefits. Even if you've been there for years and have averaged 40 plus hours a week they will not label you as full time.

ConsThis is in regards to the Trump Hotel in Las Vegas. I'm not sure how the other properties are run but I cant see how it's any better. They are disorganized, unloyal and disrespectful to their staff, do not communicate with one another so you have 10 people telling you to do one thing 10 different ways, they do not train new employees and just make you figure out how to do your job on your own but are quick to write you up, suspend you or fire you (none of those have happened to me, but has to undeserving coworkers) if you make a mistake and the list goes on and on.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop being so lazy and show a little respect for your employees. Also, is there really a need for 8 "Directors" for such a tiny property? There's a "Director" of Food and Beverage who has zero clue of what he's doing and walks around snobby with his nose in the air when the only things he oversees is a restuarant in the lobby that is a mess in everyway possible and then a tiny little basicly sandwich shop out at the pool. This guy is so pretentious over his title of "Director" if you met him you'd think he's the Director of F&B for the Bellagio. So for all you "Directors", get over yourself. You're not impressing anybody.

Good place to work

New York, NY

ProsGood place to work, the name value

ConsNot enough staffs, always short

Worked for Trump International Hotel? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Trump International Hotel reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Trump International Hotel CEO Donald J. Trump. All 11 reviews posted anonymously by Trump International Hotel employees.