Trumpet Behavioral Health
www.tbh.com Lakewood, CO 500 to 999 Employees

Trumpet Behavioral Health Reviews

Updated Jul 6, 2014
Trumpet Behavioral Health – US – “Around our office”

Lani Fritts; Chris Miller

Excellent

Behavior Skills Therapist (Current Employee)
    Arcata, CA

ProsGreat clients, Great families, Great team, great support! They encourage you to work hard, but also to play hard and have fun!

ConsNone, the company is great to work for.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Compassionate Company

Paraprofessional (Former Employee)
    Kahului, HI

ProsMy office was understanding and supportive of any changes I requested. Able to work independently and genuine staff.

ConsNot as organized and didn't seem to have good organizational skills.

Advice to Senior ManagementDetailed Training on Time Management

This should be an awesome place to work...

ProsGood clinical mission.
    Great clients.
    Amazing and talented co-workers!
    Good ideas for improving systems.

ConsMismatch between the clinical and financial missions.
    There seems to be a lot going on behind closed doors.
    It seems like the expectation is to work around the clock, even on your "day off".
    People in some regions seem really happy while people in other regions seem miserable.
    Masters level clinicians have huge caseloads, and there might be some job insecurity if you can't handle a huge caseload.
    It is really hard to balance work and family with this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementThis is a human services industry. Are your financial goals realistic given the quality of care that you want to provide?

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good co workers, clients, opportunity to make a difference. Very Poor Senior Management

Middle Management (Current Employee)

ProsGreat co workers
    Great clients
    Making a difference while working

ConsSenior Management
    Disorganization
    Job insecurity if your region is underperforming

Advice to Senior ManagementGet your systems in place. I echo right hand still doesnt know what left hand is doing.
    Learn to effectively deal with personnel/HR issues. Big problem.
    Venture capitalist owners need to step back and hire strong players to run the organization.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Poor Senior Management, Lack of Organization in office, Low Pay for area, Clients don't come first.

Skills Trainer (Current Employee)
    Kahului, HI

ProsHours are nice usually. School hours usually 7:45-2:00ish. Helping others is nice. Benefits packages is decent but so is all of Maui for the most part.

ConsPoor up management and office. Not client firs. Low pay. Small raises. Low max out pay.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou already know what you're doing wrong.

Senior Management needs to re-evaluate their priorities

Pros*Collaborative work environment
    *Incentive for ongoing professional development

Cons*Right hand often doesn't know what the left hand is doing
    *Too busy buying other agencies before focusing on the development of their own. (Owned by venture capitalists and money is the focus.)
    *Overworked...foster a culture of round the clock emails and conference calls, etc.
    *Culture of mistrust due to Managements approach on HR matters
    *High turn over

Advice to Senior Management*Client first-profit second approach would go a long way to the overall development of the organization
    *Get an effective HR team in place and stop the secrecy and mishandling of HR matters

dedicated client first work going on at the skills training/consultant levels, loses momentum with upper management

Pros+ working with a population of youth and young adults to create positive change in their lives as well as their families
    + experience behavioral work in a variety of settings: school, home, & community
    + opportunity to internally move up rather quickly
    + creative and collaborative work environment
    + flexible hours

Cons+ disconnection between upper management's motivation to create revenue and the skills trainers' and consultants' motivation to create the best possible services to enrich the lives of those they directly work with
    + overworked salaried consultants being assigned too many clients than they can handle, burnout
    + huge revenue and business growth, but no raises
    + multiple field offices with completely different structures, lack of a streamlined model
    + uniform hourly wages that do not correlate to the cost of living in the area

Advice to Senior Managementreevaluating your ability to be client first and profitable second would really increase the quality of care for all clients using TBH for services as well as the overall success of clients that would directly correlate to the increased positive image of TBH within the communities we work in and in turn lead to increased profitability in the end

The bottom line matters the most to senior management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsTBH has mostly built the company on word-of-mouth, and has been fairly successful in doing so. They are rapidly making a name for themselves among providers of services for children with autism.

ConsThe company has grown as a result of buying up smaller competitors. The owners are venture capitalists and are very focused on the bottom line. If you work for a division of the company that isn't as profitable, your job is in danger. As an employee, it's very hard to know if what you're being told about the future of the company is really true. Employees in my division were told (after the acquisition) that we would have more capital behind us and that everyone's jobs were safe. A few months later, layoffs began.

The culture in my division changed dramatically after we were acquired by TBH. I noticed that there were a lot more closed doors and secrecy. And there was a lot less freedom to telecommute-everyone was required to be at their desks for 40 hours.

A lot of times, the right hand didn't know what the left hand was doing. The corporate office in Pleasanton, CA was never good at communicating with other offices, which tended to cause problems with accounting and HR functions. Senior management had a general mistrust of employees, especially when it came to money.

TBH has a good mission, which is to improve the lives of children with autism. But it has a festering problem with the way it treats its own employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementSenior management needs to be more approachable. Closed office doors for eight hours a day make you unapproachable. Before you continue to buy up other small companies, you need to fix your HR processes and work on creating a culture of trust. What you have right now is a culture of fear (everyone is worried about their job) and mistrust.

Worked for Trumpet Behavioral Health? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Trumpet Behavioral Health reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Trumpet Behavioral Health CEO Lani Fritts; Chris Miller . All 8 reviews posted anonymously by Trumpet Behavioral Health employees.