Trusted Translations

3.6

Richard Estevez

Current Employee - Project Manager in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Miami, FL

I have been working at Trusted Translations full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I enjoy working at Trusted Translations as it has given me an opportunity to grow as a professional and learn an entire set of new skills.

Dynamic environment with tremendous growth potential. Solid core staff with people dedicated to learning and improving the company’s performance through new technologies.

Cons

Long hours and constant emphasis on perfection when sometimes it is not possible given tight deadlines.

Processes and training should be organized more efficiently.

Stressful, impersonal, work environment.

I worked at Trusted Translations

Pros

Location in Brickell financial district is convenient and attractive place to work. The building has great amenities, great view of Biscayne Bay and close to Brickell shops and restaurants.

Cons

Cult of personality management. Very high turnover rate, many quit without notice. Employees all in the same small office, tension is palpable. Haughty manager hires a lot of temps because they cant keep regular employees.

Management seemingly not interested in building loyal career employees. Not likely to be receptive to advice.

Great opportunities to grow in a nice working environment

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Miami, FL

I have been working at Trusted Translations full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great place to work! I feel all my peers are all on the same page striving to create a professional environment where performance is the key metric. I have worked out of both the DC and Miami offices and have enjoyed the professionalism of each of those teams.

Incentives based in your own hard work coupled with great flexibility to develop your portfolio of clients. Excellent growth perspectives tied to a company that is always looking for ways to grow and expand its business.

Cons

Fast-pace growth can lead to longer hours and an emphasis on executing well under time-pressure.

Never give up on trying to find the right mindset of people dedicated to growing the organization and committed to delivering results.

Great Place to Work and Learn!

Former Employee - Sales Director in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Director in Miami, FL

I worked at Trusted Translations full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I worked directly for Trusted Translations and the CEO and had a great experience. People who put an effort at Trusted Translations always do very well. I personally developed my professional skills significantly and was grateful for the opportunity.

Cons

The job I was hired for required you to be a self-starter and take the initiative. However, I wish they would have had a bit more formal training to get started.

Implement more training programs initially to provide the employee more tools to execute their function. I definitely like the fact that the more you perform the better you do.

Excellent Place for Professional Growth

Current Employee - Freelance Translator in Buenos Aires (Argentina)
    Current Employee - Freelance Translator in Buenos Aires (Argentina)

I have been working at Trusted Translations as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

Trusted Translations has given me the opportunity to grow continuously as a professional. They provide linguists with access to the latest technology in the language industry and best practices in translation and localization.

I started as an editor with some experience already under my belt. However, Trusted Translations provided me with essential training in new areas and access to new technologies that have made a significant difference in my career path.

Cons

Compensation is directly tied to performance, so do not expect a free ride. If you fail, you get penalized, but who’s to complain about that when it’s about distinguishing the good from the bad. The upside is that, if you are willing to work and learn, Trusted provides you the means to earn as well as getting trained in the latest technologies. If you are serious about your career in languages, it is a great company to cooperate with.

Keep up the good work.

Great for starters. But after some time it's tiring, working hours are too much, all projects are rush and stressing.

Former Employee - Project Manager in Buenos Aires (Argentina)
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Buenos Aires (Argentina)

I worked at Trusted Translations full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You'll be an expert in file management, I learned to use almost any computer software available, be Office, graphic design, translation tools, anything. I also gained experience in recruiting, being in charge of people. Salary was on commissions so if you work a lot, you'll make a lot. The office is comfortable. Working in a multi language environment is nice and you can make friends from all over the world.

Cons

If you work here you don't have a life. You cannot leave a project unattended and sometimes you can work with 10 or 20 projects at once, so you have to be on call, support translators if they have a problem, or receive files at wee hours if the project was rush (which they almost always are). Freelance translators get paid peanuts so they are not so good, but if something goes wrong or the client does not like the result it'll be your fault and you can even get financially penalized. The company pays you when the client pays them, so if a client is late, so is your payment. You have to be on call when you are sick, on some weekends and some holidays too.

It is very easy to get burned out in this position. You should consider the stress and work load if you don't want to loose all your employees. Projects shouldn't be so rush. A PM shouldn't be forced to take everything he is offered. You should improve freelancers' conditions so PMs don't get punished for their faults. You should have someone attend to freelancers claims so PMs don't use their time discussing where their payment is, or what happened to their invoice.

Poor HR

Former Employee - Editor in Buenos Aires (Argentina)
    Former Employee - Editor in Buenos Aires (Argentina)

I worked at Trusted Translations full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Team work
    Gained experience in different fields and translation softwares and tools
    Nice office with coffee machine
    Not to many pros about this company honestly

Cons

Constant Pressure and impossible deadlines resulting in poor quality translations
    No support or motivation
    No HR department or qualified teamleaders with people skills
    Very poor rates that haven't changed in 8 years

Get qualified team leaders with people skills and a soul. Update and increase the translator's rates, they are way below the standard