Trutech Reviews

Lenny Beck

1. Pleasant, but no walk in the park

Current Employee - Wildlife Tech in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Wildlife Tech in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Trutech

Pros

Company vehicle, company phone, company equipment. Excellent pay if you can sell.

Cons

Hours and be a little off the wall at times.

None. Management is great when it comes to listening.

2. Great people to work with. Great job if that is really wanted to do.

Former Employee - Wildlife Removal Specialist in Charleston, SC
    Former Employee - Wildlife Removal Specialist in Charleston, SC

I worked at Trutech full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great learning experience. Sales training and experience. Company medical benefits and 401K. Great bosses who were willing to help all along the way. Friendly & great staff to work with.

Cons

Working long hours completing or fixing the previous technician's work. The first 4 months I was employed at Trutech, I spent my entire time fixing work or working for no commission in order to maintain customer satisfaction. I was never compensated even for overtime because it was a draw-against-commission paid job. I would get work-elated calls in the middle of the night that I would have to answer and/or call back. Trutech does not have a bill collecting department, the technicians have to collect as well as make new sales. Sometimes customers would never pay monthly bill, so that meant the technician never got paid on his or her work. High turnover rate, but a great first job to have and it works well for a lot of employees, just not most. Not a lot of personal time so that is why one must love this field in order to strive in it.

Management were great at least in my experience. Sales and management advice received in training was very useful. Great learning experience. Friendly call center and support team.

3. Slave to the almighty dollar

Former Employee - Wildlife Specialist
    Former Employee - Wildlife Specialist

I worked at Trutech full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Freedom in scheduling, unique job duties, company provided vehicle and business leads. You get to help people and sometimes it is exciting. If you work (very) hard, you can make good money. This is a fairly honest company, compared to the competition. Health and benefits are decent. Company says they're adding vacation time soon.

Cons

No vacation time or holidays, unpaid meetings, and sometimes you are not even paid for the work you do. You'd think this is illegal, but it's not - when a customer doesn't pay the company for the work you did, you will not get paid for it. Also, you compete with coworkers to see who can squeeze the most $$$ out of customers, by any means, and this is how you are ranked within the company.

Dedicate yourselves to something else besides profits.

5. One of the few honest animal removal companies out there.

Former Employee - Wildlife and Animal Control Technician in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Wildlife and Animal Control Technician in Tampa, FL

I worked at Trutech full-time (more than a year)

Pros

You can work at your own pace. If you are a salesman and a technician you will do well. If you work hard, you tend to be compensated well.

Cons

Not much room for growth unless a district manager moves up or quits. As the company grows more, opportunities will be better. Like any sales job, the economy drastically affects your paycheck.

6. The Right Stuff

Current Employee - District Manager
    Current Employee - District Manager

I have been working at Trutech full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Empowerment, I am free to solve my own problems and work at a pace I dictate. I get to help people every day. I get the opportunity to positively influence my peers and my staff. My pay is always commensurate with my efforts.

Cons

Unfortunately, some people accept the challenge of this career path but are too weak to maintain it. They then often express this as a detriment of the company instead of examining their own shortcomings.

Provide more cross-training activities to help unify corporate culture.

7. the truth of the matter

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL

I worked at Trutech full-time (less than a year)

Pros

competitive salary and it fosters an area for self motivated people to work.

Cons

better training is needed to help transition those who dont really have much experience in pest control.

8. Ok to work for

I worked at Trutech

Pros

Very rewarding if you are able to sell

Cons

Long long long hours. After merger with Orkin I became just a number

Treat people like people not numbers.

9. Good pay for work, tough job, great autonomy... Not everyone can hack it

Current Employee - Technician in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Technician in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Trutech full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Company pays for truck, cell phone, all traps, etc.
    Set my own schedule.
    Decide my own pay.
    Great training program.
    Fast growing company = growth opportunities.

Cons

Hard work.
    On the road 100% of the time, no local offices outside of Atlanta.
    Personal responsibility is a must.

Keep your eyes on the prize. Keep growing and creating more opportunities for more people.

Positive growth, personal and business, through the years.

Current Employee - Wildlife Biologist in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Wildlife Biologist in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Trutech full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Make own schedules, not micromanaged if performing well, gas/vehicle/supplies provided for, work together like a family.

Cons

Inconsistent in many aspects, need more personnel in the office or a second headquarters.

It would be advantageous to open positions within each region for marketing specialists or educators. Marketing specialists could move throughout the region, help expand the TruTech empire into local businesses, attend conferences and meetings pertaining to our line of work, and help provide necessary marking tools/training to the districts. An educator position would be able to attend classes/meetings to learn the technical details of products we use, obtain certifications in line with our work, and would continue to translate/teach the technicians within their area. The educator would act as the "go to" person for technical questions about product or wildlife, and they would monitor individual certifications to make sure technicians were current.

Great Career Oppurtunity

Current Employee - Wildlife Biologist in Birmingham, AL
    Current Employee - Wildlife Biologist in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at Trutech full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Working for Trutech is a job that is not meant for everybody, they tell you that up front. You have to be able to work long hours in any weather conditions. Your success is based on your work ethics. Trutech provides you with the essentials in order to set you up for a success career. The day that you interview, they are already investing their time and money in you. Trutech provides ongoing classroom and field training to educate their employees,they don't just through you out in the field and tell you to go make them some money. Trutech provides a truck, gas card, great insurance benefits, 401K , and give you a 25K life insurance policy when you start. The company is set up for each employee to be successful, but they can't spoon feed you. All the expert staff and marketing are great resources that keep the customers coming. If you just set back and expect money to come your way then this isn't for you. There is unlimited earning potential, but the drive and motivation to work hard has to be there. If you don't put in the time and the effort then your check will be poor. As long as you put into it what you want out of it then everything works out great and there is really good money to be made. This career field is secure, wildlife isn't going anywhere and cities will keep forcing the wildlife into residential settings. Trutech is always growing, never down sizing. There are not many companies in this day in age that can say the same.

Cons

The only down side that I can really see is there is no paid vacation. This is a very physically demanding job that should be rewarded with paid vacation. In the big scheme of things that is just a drop in the bucket.