Trutech Reviews

The Right Stuff

Current Employee - District Manager
    Current Employee - District Manager

I have been working at Trutech full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Empowerment, I am free to solve my own problems and work at a pace I dictate. I get to help people every day. I get the opportunity to positively influence my peers and my staff. My pay is always commensurate with my efforts.

Cons

Unfortunately, some people accept the challenge of this career path but are too weak to maintain it. They then often express this as a detriment of the company instead of examining their own shortcomings.

Provide more cross-training activities to help unify corporate culture.

One of the few honest animal removal companies out there.

Former Employee - Wildlife and Animal Control Technician  in  Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Wildlife and Animal Control Technician in Tampa, FL

I worked at Trutech full-time for more than a year

Pros

You can work at your own pace. If you are a salesman and a technician you will do well. If you work hard, you tend to be compensated well.

Cons

Not much room for growth unless a district manager moves up or quits. As the company grows more, opportunities will be better. Like any sales job, the economy drastically affects your paycheck.

the truth of the matter

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Tallahassee, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL

I worked at Trutech full-time for less than a year

Pros

competitive salary and it fosters an area for self motivated people to work.

Cons

better training is needed to help transition those who dont really have much experience in pest control.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Ok to work for

I worked at Trutech

Pros

Very rewarding if you are able to sell

Cons

Long long long hours. After merger with Orkin I became just a number

Treat people like people not numbers.

Good pay for work, tough job, great autonomy... Not everyone can hack it

Current Employee - Technician  in  Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Technician in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Trutech full-time for more than a year

Pros

Company pays for truck, cell phone, all traps, etc.
    Set my own schedule.
    Decide my own pay.
    Great training program.
    Fast growing company = growth opportunities.

Cons

Hard work.
    On the road 100% of the time, no local offices outside of Atlanta.
    Personal responsibility is a must.

Keep your eyes on the prize. Keep growing and creating more opportunities for more people.

Positive growth, personal and business, through the years.

Current Employee - Wildlife Biologist  in  San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Wildlife Biologist in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Trutech full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Make own schedules, not micromanaged if performing well, gas/vehicle/supplies provided for, work together like a family.

Cons

Inconsistent in many aspects, need more personnel in the office or a second headquarters.

It would be advantageous to open positions within each region for marketing specialists or educators. Marketing specialists could move throughout the region, help expand the TruTech empire into local businesses, attend conferences and meetings pertaining to our line of work, and help provide necessary marking tools/training to the districts. An educator position would be able to attend classes/meetings to learn the technical details of products we use, obtain certifications in line with our work, and would continue to translate/teach the technicians within their area. The educator would act as the "go to" person for technical questions about product or wildlife, and they would monitor individual certifications to make sure technicians were current.

Great Career Oppurtunity

Current Employee - Wildlife Biologist  in  Birmingham, AL
    Current Employee - Wildlife Biologist in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at Trutech full-time for less than a year

Pros

Working for Trutech is a job that is not meant for everybody, they tell you that up front. You have to be able to work long hours in any weather conditions. Your success is based on your work ethics. Trutech provides you with the essentials in order to set you up for a success career. The day that you interview, they are already investing their time and money in you. Trutech provides ongoing classroom and field training to educate their employees,they don't just through you out in the field and tell you to go make them some money. Trutech provides a truck, gas card, great insurance benefits, 401K , and give you a 25K life insurance policy when you start. The company is set up for each employee to be successful, but they can't spoon feed you. All the expert staff and marketing are great resources that keep the customers coming. If you just set back and expect money to come your way then this isn't for you. There is unlimited earning potential, but the drive and motivation to work hard has to be there. If you don't put in the time and the effort then your check will be poor. As long as you put into it what you want out of it then everything works out great and there is really good money to be made. This career field is secure, wildlife isn't going anywhere and cities will keep forcing the wildlife into residential settings. Trutech is always growing, never down sizing. There are not many companies in this day in age that can say the same.

Cons

The only down side that I can really see is there is no paid vacation. This is a very physically demanding job that should be rewarded with paid vacation. In the big scheme of things that is just a drop in the bucket.

Trutech made a professional out of me!

Current Employee - Sales/Service Manager  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Sales/Service Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Trutech full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Everybody knows that business is the GAME for adults! The ones that don't understand this will fail miserably and then, of course will blame the company. This company gives you the opportunity, tools and knowledge to be a pro at what you do and have a respect form your customers. All of a sudden you become somebody, you provide for your family and you grow professionally. Is there anything else that you need? Hard work is a necessary part of my life. If anybody thinks that sitting at home and watching soap operas will make you money, you are wrong!!! Being out there among customers all day every day and most of the weekends will do you a lot of good. The upper management has decades of experience and knowledge. They definitely know what to do and how to grow this business. I take my hat off! Thank you for hiring me!!!!

Cons

Not enough hours in a day ! Customers always need you.

Great job! Thank you very much for everything that you did for me. My family thanks you.

Great Company

Current Employee - Management  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Management in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Trutech full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

fast growing company, unlimited possibilities

Cons

Requires hard work, no others

If you meet their qualification of having a Bachelor's degree, you are already over qualified for this job.

Former Employee - Wildlife Technician
    Former Employee - Wildlife Technician

I worked at Trutech full-time for more than a year

Pros

Use of a company truck and gas. You have a flexible schedule if you aren't super busy. Supplies are provided to you and it is usually easy to get them. They bought you breakfast, lunch, and/or dinner, whichever was applicable, during monthly meetings.

Cons

I worked here for a year as a wildlife technician. It was suppose to last 2 or 3 months but it took much longer to find another job in my field. What you do not find out until the 3 week training session in Atlanta is that there is no base pay. You must make enough sales to cover your "draw." If you don't, you will still get a set dollar amount per check required by law, but in other months when you have higher sales, they will take away that money to cover months you were short. You get paid on commission. Being a good sales person will help you in this job, but I also feel it has a lot to do with the area of town you are assigned. That makes the difference in doing many small jobs for little money and big, extensive jobs that will help your sales numbers. You do not get paid until the company gets paid. Usually this isn't a problem, but if someone writes you a bad check and you think all is good, later one that money gets taken back from you. I did work that I did not see a dime on because the check bounced and the customers could never get tracked down, and that was worth about a quarter of a normal paycheck for me. In addition to that, when I left the company, there was still an outstanding pest control fee and a large commercial job that had not yet been paid out. Since it paid out after I left, I did not get a dime of it. If you do the work, you need to get paid, no matter what. This is a real big problem in my book, especially because the commercial accounts you will have to do can take anywhere from 1 to 4 months to pay out, so work you do in January might not make it onto a paycheck until April or May! The only way you will get money that is paid out after you leave is if it is over the set draw amount, and then you will get the commission on it. I almost had this happen to me and had the feeling I was going to lose out on a lot of money, but luckily things fell in place at the last minute. Since it was realized this wasn't happening to me, the manager was able to keep the procedure in a case like this to himself, but it seems if the job you get commission on was any amount under your draw and it is paid out after you leave, you will not get paid on the work you did. That could be just under a whole month's minimum salary that the company would get to keep for themselves! The turn over rate is crazy, people don't often make it a year, fewer to 2 years, and very few beyond that. People get hired on as managers after working there for a year or two, so that says a lot about how long people stick around. We had to go to monthly meetings that you didn't get paid for (not the 3 hours of driving, all day Saturday in a hotel, or the 3 hours driving back home). Vacation is non existent until you have been there a long time. You may be allowed to leave your job for a week, but that only means you have 3 weeks to make enough sales instead of 4.

Use the excessive wasted money on hiring and training new technicians to support the technicians you have already and keep them happy to prevent a high turn over rate.

Worked for Trutech? Contribute to the Community!