Truven Health Analytics Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.2
Mike Boswood

Pros
  • Work from home several days a week (in 14 reviews)

• The benefits are very good including work/life balance (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • If you are in the Ann Arbor office you are well positioned for advancement, otherwise, be prepared to stay where you are (in 3 reviews)

• Leadership likes to hire straight out of college, since that population tends to not have a lot of commitments and have no issues working long hours (in 3 reviews)

Best Healthcare Analytics Employer

I have been working at Truven Health Analytics full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Very collaborative, future oriented, cares about customers and quality

Cons

So many good opportunities makes it hard to prioritize

Advice to Management

Keep innovating! No one else can do what we do for our clients

2. Truven

I have been working at Truven Health Analytics full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great group of people to work with that care about our products and services. Flexible work schedule and more emphasis on trying to create a better work/life balance.

Cons

Lack of vision into Truven's future along with poor communication from executive management make it difficult to know what we as a company stand for. This has been a main focus as of late and hoping to see continued improvements.

Advice to Management

Employees are the backbone of this organization - keep engaging them, focus on our vision and adopt innovation that leads to the right kind of growth.

Promect Manager

Current Employee - Project Manager in Ann Arbor, MI
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Ann Arbor, MI

I have been working at Truven Health Analytics full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The work is challenging and rewarding. Great customers. Good products.

Cons

Low salaries; 1% annual pay raises the last 5 years in a row; no bonuses the last 3 years in a row. First to Mid Level managers are young and experienced. C Level Management is good and has established a good vision for company success.

No future vision

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

I have been working at Truven Health Analytics full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Very flexible work environment. Great coworkers. Given a lot of independence and creativity. Some more words here for minimum.

Cons

Owners have no long term vision for company, only short term decisions being made. No thought to employee satisfaction and no investment in the future.

Advice to Management

Think to the future. More words go here too. Is this at the minimum yet? More words here too.

6. Analytic Consultant

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Good company, weekly internal training session

Cons

Did not get basic training long after I was hired, had to ask questions and figure out everything myself, but overall everyone on team is helpful.

7. Good company with room to grow

I have been working at Truven Health Analytics full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Lots of opportunities to grow, good benefits

Cons

Heavy work loads, poor employee morale

8. Company Isn't Too Bad

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Pros

An inviting work environment in our office, full of team camaraderie and the feeling that you can be a part of any development project you set your mind to.

Cons

Upper management and lower management are not always in sync with the company plans, and the priorities of the business had a tendency to change more frequently than necessary.

9. Great People

Current Employee - Product Manager in Ann Arbor, MI
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Ann Arbor, MI

I have been working at Truven Health Analytics full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This is a very collaborate environment with a lot of positive attitudes

Cons

The organization is growing and needs to determine what it wants to be when it grows up.

Advice to Management

Focus. There are too many distractions which prevent the organization from moving forward.

10. Review

Pros

Work arrangements are flexible and go a long way to creating a real work / life balance. PTO is generous and easily scheduled and used.

Cons

There is an uneven skill level between teams which makes it difficult to consistently create value across customers and reliably leverage work for multiple customers

Advice to Management

Focus on the value we create for each customer and seek to expand that in a meaningful way for that customer. The solution that meets one customer's need may not have any meaning for other customers. Need to foster greater flexibility in designing custom solutions for customers

11. Sr. Product Manager

I worked at Truven Health Analytics full-time

Pros

Lots of smart dedicated people, excellent support for working remote, competitive salaries, good based of solid products and current delivery know-how

Cons

Aging delivery platform, difficulties committing to new delivery strategies, long-standing organizational siloes that don't understand each other.

Advice to Management

Make a firm decision about who Truven wants to be in the future and commit to a comprehensive business strategy to get there that leverages the a combination of legacy strengths

RSS Feed </> Embed