TubeMogul

Updated Apr 11, 2014

TubeMogul CEO & Co-Founder Brett Wilson

Brett Wilson

New Hire Review

Media Strategist (Current Employee)

I have been working at TubeMogul full-time for less than a year

ProsAs a new hire with only two weeks under my belt, I can verify that the on-boarding process is finely tuned. I feel completely comfortable in my new environment and learning progresses in a very efficient manner. TubeMogul is a wonderful combination of fierce passion for a rapidly evolving industry and fun, very inviting culture.

ConsAs a new hire it is difficult to wage the cons of TubeMogul, so I will check back in a couple of months down the line.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt is very beneficial to be constantly exposed to all elements of the company, as well as the industry as a whole. It helps to create a broad perspective that allows an understanding of all the detailed aspects of the TubeMogul world.

The Future of Digital Advertising

Account Manager, Media (Current Employee)

I have been working at TubeMogul full-time for less than a year

Pros-Work hard, play hard mentality
-Intelligent, hard-working, and passionate people
-Amazing culture
-Fast-paced, company is constantly growing
-Strong, regimented training program which allows you to grow at a exponential rate
-Video Advertising pioneers who are helping create industry standards, superb and innovative technology–evolving and adapting
-Awesome perks (Travel, Stocked fridge, Snacks, Casual dress code, Fun office environment, Flexible time-off policy, Great health benefits, etc.)

Cons-At times training/learning can seem intense and overwhelming. Especially, if you are new to the Digital Advertising landscape but after some time it will all click and come together. Work hard, ask questions, and be patient.
-No 401k matching at the moment but this is currently being worked on.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing! Continue to focus on growth of employees and maintaining unique company culture.

Great place if you're willing to work hard.

Sales (Current Employee)

I have been working at TubeMogul full-time for more than a year

ProsPlatform and product are top-notch. The company is full of smart and hard-working people. Senior management does a great job of keeping the office culture fun despite really aggressive growth and goals.

ConsSometimes products are released without proper training. As with every organization there is a disconnect between sales, ops, and engineering. There is increased competition in the marketplace but TubeMogul is staying at the front of the pack.

Advice to Senior ManagementCompensation needs to remain competitive as the company grows. Don't lose sight of the goals of the company as we scale.

Great coworkers, low compensation

I have been working at TubeMogul full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThe people at TubeMogul are very bright, friendly, and encouraging. It is a wonderful and collaborative atmosphere. Moglers take pride in their work and I always look forward to coming into work.

ConsThe only con about TubeMogul is low compensation. It can be frustrating working long hours and knowing that you are not being rewarded for it in a monetary form.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep learning and growing! Young, new managers isn't always a bad thing, but I think having proper training would be very beneficial and valuable.

New to TubeMogul...and Loving It!!

I have been working at TubeMogul full-time for less than a year

ProsEveryone here is a hard worker. People here complete own a task and run with it (even if they make mistakes along the way). It's nice to work with people that are accountable for themselves, and also extremely friendly to work with! It's a fast-paced environment, and we like to get stuff done! It was definitely a great career move for me :)

ConsWhile everyone is passionate about what they do, we need to work on improving work/life balance. It's okay to take a breather once in a while, so long as you can get your stuff done.

Advice to Senior ManagementNothing so far!

Fast paced company with clear directions and structure

Account Director (Current Employee)

I have been working at TubeMogul full-time for more than 3 years

ProsTubeMogul is one of the fastest growing companies in the SF Bay Area with exponential growth every year. With such changes the company still holds its core culture values daily while rewarding its best employees with unlimited opportunities to grow. Employees who share the similar values work well together across offices to build a truly global company.

ConsLack of 401k matching program which is on the roadmap

Best career opportunity I've ever had

Sales (Current Employee)

I have been working at TubeMogul full-time for more than 3 years

ProsTubeMogul is a product driven company that constantly innovates. Strong collaborative team culture. Executive leadership is inspirational and approachable. Huge opportunity to develop skills needed in the future of marketing. Excellent ongoing training program. Solid company values.

ConsYoung team, moving fast. HR benefits. Tight office space...this is changing now.

LOVE TUBEMOGUL

RVP Sales (Current Employee)

I have been working at TubeMogul full-time for less than a year

ProsThere are so many reasons why TubeMogul is FANTASTIC. The culture - you can actually move fast here and accomplish - no red tape - no naysayers. The PEOPLE: talented bunch of intelligent, ambitious, hungry players. THE CEO IS A ROCK STAR. The PRODUCT is the BEST in MARKET. It's fun, creative, fast paced.....

ConsCannot clone my team and myself so we can go even faster!

Advice to Senior ManagementThank you!

Great senior management team, fast and challenging culture - Great place to work!

I have been working at TubeMogul full-time

ProsGreat opportunities to grow your career in the ever-changing and expansive video advertising landscape. TubeMogul offers a wonderful curated approach to learning while having all the amenities of a fast-paced, challenging, and exhilarating start-up.

ConsIt's a great place to work especially when surrounded by talented, ambitious, and driven young individuals.

Great all around

Senior Account Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at TubeMogul full-time for more than a year

ProsOwn projects, collaboration is always there, but autonomy is expected
Incredibly smart peers
No need to run an idea by your boss for approval before moving forward with it - if it could add depth to a client, failing is ok.

ConsGrowing pains of a startup

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up

Worked for TubeMogul? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at TubeMogul reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for TubeMogul CEO Brett Wilson. All 44 reviews posted anonymously by TubeMogul employees.