TubeMogul

TubeMogul Reviews

Updated Jun 29, 2014

TubeMogul CEO & Co-Founder Brett Wilson

Brett Wilson

Pros:
  • "It's a fast-paced environment, and we like to get stuff done"
    in 5 reviews
  • "Really great culture with a C-suite who are really inspiring and super smart"
    in 3 reviews
Cons:
  • "It can be frustrating working long hours and knowing that you are not being rewarded for it in a monetary form"
    in 5 reviews
  • "high expectations; work-life balance can be improved; expected to do quite a bit with little resources"
    in 3 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Rapidly growing company that is winning!

Emeryville, CA

ProsThe company is growing rapidly on many fronts: market share, revenues, technology stack, and head count. It's an exciting time to be at TubeMogul to experience this kind of growth and how we handle all the challenges that come with it. We are making great improvements with scaling our technology, onboarding new employees, benefits and providing an atmosphere where anyone can grow their career. It is like nothing I've experienced before but exactly what I was looking for in a pre-IPO company. We are definitely winning in our space and it shows from the awards we've received, the kind of talent we are able to attract and most importantly, what our customers are saying about us.

ConsWith tremendous growth to capture more market share and to provide more advanced features for our existing clients, it can get overwhelming with the number of things that need to be accomplished in a relatively short amount of time. There are no shortages of mistakes and late night sessions to identify and resolve them. As the company grows it's beginning to feel that each individual is becoming less important and that responsibility can get easily shifted which can often cause important questions not be asked or ideas overlooked.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to trust your employees by empowering them to do what they do best. While meeting company goals is important, never forget that at its heart it's all about the wonderful people who are committed to the success of the company. So continue to be proactive in making TubeMogul the kind of place you take pride in representing.

Great Company That Knows What it is Doing

Account Manager (Current Employee)
    Emeryville, CA

ProsThe training and transparency of people within the company is great. You are able to learn and grow very quickly. Employees really abide by the culture of moving fast, doing what you say, and being accountable. Everyone you talk to is really smart, passionate, and wants to be at the company and is excited about the future.

ConsPay is a little light compared to other companies but if you are in it for the value than it should not really matter at first

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue what you are doing.

Satisfied

ProsBenefits, Culture, Technology, Location, Platform, Teams, Exposure ....etc

ConsFood Kitchen, Less fun stuffs

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue what you have been doing.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Company

Emeryville, CA

ProsGreat product and platform, huge company growth and potential, great people, awesome culture, all around great time to be a part of this team

ConsThe industry can be challenging and overwhelming to learn if you are new to it, but they provide tons of ongoing training to help you.

Advice to Senior ManagementI am excited to see how high this company can grow!

"breath of fresh air"

Emeryville, CA

ProsThe people at TubeMogul possess a certain untouchable quality that creates the Moguler culture. To understand it is to be a part of it. Combine what it means to be a Moguler with a great product and you truly have something special.

ConsCompensation is lower than other companies, but that is part of the start-up culture.

Work Hard, Play Hard

Human Resources (Current Employee)
    Emeryville, CA

Pros- Clear mission - cleaning up the video advertising industry
    - Super smart and driven colleagues with a high Do:Say ratio
    - Awesome East Bay location
    - Inspiring founding and leadership teams
    - Global team

Cons- Have to be prepared to work hard, everyone has high expectations of you but this is also a pro :-)

Advice to Senior ManagementDoing a great job!

Glad to be here

Emeryville, CA

ProsTubeMogul is one of those places where you get back what you put in. If you bust your rear, people will notice. If you barely try, people will notice.

They do a great job of making training opportunities available for you to learn and grow, and many of the senior employees have been great for providing help and knowledge.

The company structure feels very flat and you have access to members across teams, which is something I appreciate.

ConsThe common theme amongst reviews here seems to be that the compensation could be better, to which I agree with. The company does not currently offer a 401K match but the CEO has made a point to say its something management is aware of and working to correct. From what I understand, TubeMogul addresses concerns about total compensation after a year of employment here.

Software Eng

Software Engineer (Former Employee)
    Emeryville, CA

ProsGreat growth opportunities, very smart people

ConsLow compensation and a lot of hours

New Hire Review

Media Strategist (Current Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsAs a new hire with only two weeks under my belt, I can verify that the on-boarding process is finely tuned. I feel completely comfortable in my new environment and learning progresses in a very efficient manner. TubeMogul is a wonderful combination of fierce passion for a rapidly evolving industry and fun, very inviting culture.

ConsAs a new hire it is difficult to wage the cons of TubeMogul, so I will check back in a couple of months down the line.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt is very beneficial to be constantly exposed to all elements of the company, as well as the industry as a whole. It helps to create a broad perspective that allows an understanding of all the detailed aspects of the TubeMogul world.

Great place if you're willing to work hard.

Sales (Current Employee)

ProsPlatform and product are top-notch. The company is full of smart and hard-working people. Senior management does a great job of keeping the office culture fun despite really aggressive growth and goals.

ConsSometimes products are released without proper training. As with every organization there is a disconnect between sales, ops, and engineering. There is increased competition in the marketplace but TubeMogul is staying at the front of the pack.

Advice to Senior ManagementCompensation needs to remain competitive as the company grows. Don't lose sight of the goals of the company as we scale.

Worked for TubeMogul? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at TubeMogul reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for TubeMogul CEO Brett Wilson. All 54 reviews posted anonymously by TubeMogul employees.