Tudor, Pickering, Holt & Co.

www.tudorpickering.com

Tudor, Pickering, Holt & Co. Reviews

Updated Feb 11, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Bobby Tudor

Golden Handcuffs yet underpaid

Middle Office (Current Employee) Houston, TX

Prosgreat culture, everyone very talented and hardworking

Conslow salary, wait all year for payout

Advice to Senior Management0

Great company, no corporate structure

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsBobby Tudor and Dan Pickering are great men who have, and continue to, create an incredible company with great potential. Except for the lower level staff everyone is hard working, proud of the company, proud of the culture and glad to be there.

ConsThere is no HR, even though they allegedly have an HR person, the CFO tries to be the head honcho HR person and then her assistant tries to run the day to day activity. Consequently employees do whatever they want to do, or better yet don't do what they don't want to do, with no repercussion. It is a sorry state of affairs and their major fault. The lower level support staff are the most unguided, unproductive group I have ever worked with and no one seems to care. Makes doing your job very difficult.

The cliques are unrelenting, overbearing, and ridiculous for a company that holds itself in such high regard.

Annual reviews are conducted by peers and it becomes a time to stab others in the back. It is the worst, most unproductive system I have ever seen. Supposed to be confidential too, right!

Advice to Senior ManagementGet your act together. Structure the company. Stop trying to be everyone's friend. Get rid of the upper management cliques. You all are adults.

Working at TPH is a refreshing change from other security firms.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsManagement is open and honest with employees with no bureaucracy. Executive Management is extremely approachable and willing to listen to ideas and suggestions from any employee. I've never worked at a firm that was so focused on making employees enjoy their work environment. TPH is the only place I have worked that truly lives it's mission statement and culture statement. There is truly a team atmosphere and attitude throughout the entire firm. Best place I have ever worked!

ConsThe generosity of the firm, unfortunately, seems to be taken for granted by some. I'm not sure this is con of the firm, as opposed to an opinion on my part! TPH is so much more generous than other securities firms, with what it provides employees, i feel some might get a skewed idea of what "the real wold" is like! Again, not sure that should be considered a con!

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't lose the small firm, family, feel as the firm grows.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Extremely high-quality experience contributing to this quickly growing energy focused financial services firm

Investment Banking Associate (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsJunior employees are afforded a meaningful amount of responsibility on their assignments and will consistently work on high-quality projects. Senior team members focus on the development of the junior employees and go out of their way to see that they are getting a breadth of project experience and client exposure. Third-year banking analysts are afforded opportunities to rotate through TPH Partners (private equity group) or through other TPH office locations (New York, Denver, London). The TPH Partners rotation is a unique benefit to analysts who are weighing their interest in the buy-side.

Most central to the quality of the experience at TPH are the people and the culture. Bobby Tudor, involved with every hiring decision down through the interns (at least on the banking side), attracts intelligent, humble, congenial professionals with an entrepreneurial spirit. The group believes in collaboration and team orientation, which manifests itself in a unique amount of senior team accessibility - doors to offices are rarely closed. The environment is extremely collegial; the team gets along well with each other and regularly spends time together outside of the office. The culture is supported by a common focus on building the firm; it ties everyone together and makes TPH a fun, exciting place to work.

Finally, TPH has a history of compensating its employees, particularly top performers, well above market. On top of the work experience and culture, this is a nice perk.

ConsTPH is a niche firm – within the energy space, it’s highly competitive, but, outside of the industry, it doesn’t have as much brand recognition.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to focus on engaging and developing the junior team members. The team’s investment in me provided me with a foundation that will help me be successful for the rest of my career.

High energy, fast growing financial services firm with a family feel

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsTPH has experienced tremendous growth since its inception, but has maintained a close-knit team of loyal employees. TPH enjoys a strong reputation in the energy space and community (especially Houston), creating a launching pad for young professionals to catapult their careers, whether they stay with the company long term or leave for other opportunities.

The firm clearly puts its people first which helps to maintain the congenial culture enjoyed by all employees. Hard work, ambition, positivity, teamwork, and professionalism are recognized and rewarded, with employees enjoying compensation well above the market average, especially top performers. Employees socialize with one another inside and outside of work, creating an amicable office experience. Office doors are always open and collaboration flows freely.

The level of work is top notch and the company is certainly going places, creating a great opportunity for growth. TPH is a wonderful place to work, if you're lucky enough to get on for the ride.

ConsThe high caliber of professionals creates a fast-paced work environment where expectations are high of every member of the team, from Managing Directors to assistants. There is little room for slacking on the job, so be prepared to work hard just as much as you play hard.

Advice to Senior ManagementMaintain focus on people -- Hire the best, train the best, push the hardest, and compensate accordingly. TPH's growth and success is tied directly to its people, and fostering the family feel of the firm should always remain a priority.

Worked for Tudor, Pickering, Holt & Co.? Contribute to the Community!