Tuesday Morning Reviews

217 reviews filtered by
2.6
Tuesday Morning CEO Michael Rouleau
Michael Rouleau

Pros
  • Very flexible scheduling plus you don't have to go in extremely early or stay extremely late (in 13 reviews)

• Employee discount was good at 20% with yearly weekends for 40% (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management had "ivory tower" mentality under the old regime (in 16 reviews)

• I believe this part-time driven environment is in place to avoid providing benefits (in 13 reviews)

1. Store Associate

I have been working at Tuesday Morning

Pros

everything was very laid-back and the interview was easy

Cons

too many managers, not enough employees

Advice to Management

either get more employees or less managers

2. Store Manager

Current Employee - Store Manager in Oxford, MS
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Oxford, MS

I have been working at Tuesday Morning full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great atmosphere, good discount, great customers, new upper management has really turned things around for the better, no micro managing, alot of freedom to develop a staff and create an ownership attitude.

Cons

Too much merchandise for the square footage, can be managed but hard to always having to find space for everything.

Advice to Management

Continue the positive changes but reduce the amount of merchandise in the stores to better accommodate the actual square footage of the stores.

3. Great first job but it probably hinges most on how you get along with your coworkers

Current Employee - Associate in Orem, UT
    Current Employee - Associate in Orem, UT

I have been working at Tuesday Morning part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Relaxed environment, good job to gain early working experience, pleasant.

Cons

Besides the top tier of management, all job positions are limited to part time hours (I'm guessing to avoid having to pay for benefits). You notice areas where the company is definitely pinching pennies.

5. Mediocre employer looking for mediocre employees

Former Employee - Cashier
    Former Employee - Cashier

I worked at Tuesday Morning part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The lower level managers were nice
    Management cared about my safety and well-being
    Good hours and working conditions

Cons

Lousy products foster lower tier moral
    Inferior technology - lousy point of sale system, old scanners, etc.
    Upper management processes created a lot of waste - inventory
    Boring work

Advice to Management

In order to get more customers in the store, I would increase the quality of the products. The products make the store feel like a nicer dollar store then a department store. I would try to mimic TJMax

6. sales associate

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Tuesday Morning part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

great customers, fun part-time work as long as you don't need to rely on an income

Cons

terrible upper management; no appreciation of the 65-75+ hours per week a store manager is required to work; unrealistic performance expectations all around; antiquated technology (cash registers, corporate communications, HR turn-around); poor management-to-store level communications regarding planning, inventory scheduling, etc.

Advice to Management

With an average full-time staff of 1, and all other store associates limited to no more than 28 hours per week, don't expect traditional department store result standards (i.e. - greet, assist, advise every customer while also providing store security, daily corporate paperwork requirements, stocking, recovering, scheduling, meeting corporate marketing demands for weekly/monthly/seasonal promotions, etc.), and be sure that district managers and higher are effective, supportive partners who contribute to their store managers' success - not finger-wagers who sit on the sidelines without the ability to fill a manager's shoes if the need arises.

7. Summer Job

I have been working at Tuesday Morning

Pros

The discount was a nice perk.

Cons

The store that I worked at was messy.

8. FT

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Tuesday Morning (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good discount. Convenient business operating hours.

Cons

Regular P/T employees unload the trucks, perform store yearly inventory. Not enough payroll to keep all top shape. Champagne taste on the beer (or more like sugar water) budget doesn't go far. Store manager is only F/T employee in average/large store. Have to work about 60+ hr/week to keep your store looking acceptable to upper management. DM's work as hard or harder than us, store managers.

Advice to Management

RM's need to get off the high horse. You want the sparkly - roll up your sleeves and come help.

9. Sexual discrimination was a big problem with that store's management

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, NC

I worked at Tuesday Morning part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Tuesday Morning is a fun store to work in. There are great employee discounts. Customers were nice overall. Loved working there except for one problem.

Cons

The management that was there at the time, were not good team players. They hated to be asked to do anything that could be considered gender specific. If you couldn't lift 50 lbs while at the top of a ladder, you weren't fit for the job. Didn't matter what else you could contribute or how good you were in other areas, don't ask for help.

Advice to Management

Get over yourself. When someone asks for help carrying things out be polite and help them. Don't tell a customer or expect an employee to tell a customer to do it themselves. Show customer service and consideration.

Great store, very busy.

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Rockville, MD
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Rockville, MD

I worked at Tuesday Morning

Pros

Coworkers are nice. Discount was good.

Cons

Management changed a lot. Low pay, constant running. No real advancement.

Good Experience, Bad Experiences

Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Topeka, KS
    Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Topeka, KS

I worked at Tuesday Morning

Pros

You learn quickly how to run and manage a store, how to balance, and manage employees. The customers are wonderful! They are some of the nicest shoppers I've ever met and they are very loyal when they like you!

Cons

I wouldn't trust corporate with a dollar much less my paycheck. When I was promoted, they took FOREVER to put my raise through, and then when I asked about retro-pay, their response was "?? we don't 'do' retro-pay??" and they'll have you driving out of town to cover other stores and not compensate for gas even if it's over an hour of driving a day. High expectations, but not very much communication, and not a lot of it positive.

Advice to Management

You don't have to be buddies with everybody, but you do have to respect them. They work for/with you and they could just as easily mess your week up and walk. ASK if they can cover XYZ outside of their actual job, don't demand. If they're going above and beyond, recognize them for it or compensate them for it.