Tuesday Morning

Updated August 13, 2014

2.7

Tuesday Morning CEO Michael Rouleau
Michael Rouleau

Pros
  • Employee discount was good at 20% with yearly weekends for 40% (in 13 reviews)

• Very flexible scheduling plus you don't have to go in extremely early or stay extremely late (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management had "ivory tower" mentality under the old regime (in 15 reviews)

• I believe this part-time driven environment is in place to avoid providing benefits (in 12 reviews)

More Highlights

Overall, a good experience

Current Employee - Staff Accountant  in  Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Dallas, TX

Pros

Small office environment with insight and exposure to entire company operations

Cons

The small office environment limited the promotional ladder

Continue the good work

No oppertunity for growth or learning

Current Employee - IT Infrastructure Specialist  in  Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - IT Infrastructure Specialist in Dallas, TX

Pros

Paychecks are on time. Company Cell phone.

Cons

No room for advancement. No training. All departments are underfunded and understaffed. No leadership or goals set. Without goals set by management all an employee can do is fail.

Compensation is under market value. There is no internal promotion. There is no paid training. Without backups for employee responsibilities time off is a bit of a myth.

Learned almost everything in Retail store operations, but no full time positions available.

Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager  in  Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Pros

The responsibility that comes with the assistant store manager position was one of the best
    I've ever experienced.

Cons

The one position in each store that is full time is Store manager. They are paid a salary not
    hourly.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

My experience is almost like that of working at a small business. My fellow associates and the managers were so kind.

Former Employee - Store Associate  in  Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Store Associate in Scottsdale, AZ

Pros

I loved the people I was working with and the relaxed atmosphere, as well as the flexible scheduling and employee discount.

Cons

Mostly that, when corporate imposed policies, they added to tension and frustrated the managers, who used to run the business like a franchise. One of these problems was a corporate-imposed salary policy. After a year of good service there, my manager wanted to give me a good raise, but corporate restricted her to only 13 cents.

Alright company, new management making changes for the better...

Current Employee - Store Manager  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

New management with Target experience making changes. Unique merchandise and buying power. Flexible schedules.

Cons

Underpaid at all levels. Incentives for management not often enough and based on sales not merit. No incentives for employees. Regionals use bully tactics on thier management. No manager training.

Training and continuing education are important, wether you provide workshops on merchandising or customer service tactics, there should be something managers can continuously gain knowledge from. Employees deserve incentives whether it is meeting mailing list goals or just through merit to be decided by the store manager with the guidance of HR and DM.

Decent place to work, steady hours.

Current Employee - Keyholder
    Current Employee - Keyholder

Pros

The customers are great, and this job made me better at communicating with people and solving problems.

Cons

The pay isn't so great and there's a lot of physical work. There's also quite a bit of red tape and bureaucracy from corporate. This can make it difficult for the store manager and employees to complete tasks that need to be done.

There needs to be better communication between the store personal and corporate. The district and regional managers have too much to do. The store managers do the best they can, but there needs to be given the resources and training to train store associates properly. It's no mystery that this company has a high turnover rate for store managers.

Full time Assistant Manager

Current Employee - Assistant Manager  in  Oxford, MS
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Oxford, MS

Pros

Great operating hours, great discount, friendly coworkers, flexible schedule, great products

Cons

Payroll hours and managers have to do everything from a maintenance perspective

You sometimes feel like an associate with keys the way you are doing so many projects instead of being able to delegate because all employees are part time and you have to run on minimum payroll hours.

7+ yrs (I'm here for the discount) Good starting job: don't make a career out of it

Current Employee - Store Associate
    Current Employee - Store Associate

Pros

Some people you work with and the customers that aren't mean/nasty

Cons

Lack of hours: you won't get more than 20 if you're not a key holder.
    Lack of leadership: if you've held a position on hours for years they won't bother to call you that they changed it or don't need you for the day so you look like an idiot walking in late or on your "day off".
    Your work won't get noticed: if you work an area and spruce it up or create it the manager will take all the credit and won't acknowledge the person or team behind it.
    Weird managers: Some will stay in their office for hours at a time, doing whatever or talking on the phone for hours. They look down on customers that want to return items. I am asked many times when a manager isn't working so they can return an item without feeling judged.
    Stealing: no one cares if a customer is acting suspicious.

Care about the people working there. Appreciate what you have. There are people that have worked in the store for more than 5 yrs and still aren't considered for manager jobs or key holder positions. So instead of bringing in someone completely new, promote instead. It shows the company cares.

My experience, after being employed for a few years.

Former Employee - Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Sales Associate

Pros

Not really any pros.

Cons

This company pays pennies, they are cheap, cut corners, and overall does not care about their employees. The stores outside of dallas are dirty, old school and it appears their business practices have not caught up with 2014.

I was inclined to reach out and write a review after seeing first hand how this company has treated multiple employees with disrespect. I worked part-time for a few years, have moved on to greater pastures and would really never consider going back to this place. However, I know a girl who I am very close with who has worked at this place for well over 10 years. She was robbed at gun point on the side of the building while on her way to her car. She was on her way to do her drop which was dropping checks and cash in a bag off at the bank. They took the bag, as well as her $500 blackberry cell phone. I was appalled that Tuesday Morning was to cheap to replace her personal item. They claimed: 1) she should not have had her purse or personal items in the store. In turn they should not have been with her when she was robbed. 2) They were not responsible for her phone because they did not believe an employee should have a phone on them while doing a drop. My personal opinion is, they were cheap, and knew they could take advantage of the situation knowing she would not put up a fight to have this phone replaced. I believe if an employee has to use their personal property for protection or to stay safe while doing a company task outside of the store, the company should be responsible, or just pony up and provide a method to keep their employee safe.

I am not a disgruntled employee, as this is in my past and I am doing just fine elsewhere. I just thought this story should be heard as I really couldn't believe how they handled this situation.

It's been up and down.

Current Employee - Store Associate  in  East Spartanburg, SC
    Current Employee - Store Associate in East Spartanburg, SC

Pros

Awesome environment all coworkers share good experiences

Cons

Sometimes the hard work you put in is not noticed and no incentive is given to do greay

N/a

Worked for Tuesday Morning? Contribute to the Community!