Tuesday Morning

Tuesday Morning Reviews

Updated Apr 11, 2014

Tuesday Morning CEO Michael Rouleau

Michael Rouleau

Pros:
  • "Employee discount was good at 20% with yearly weekends for 40%"
    in 12 reviews
  • "Employee's get a 20% Discount, Store Hours only 10am to 7pm"
    in 7 reviews
Cons:
  • "Upper management had "ivory tower" mentality under the old regime"
    in 14 reviews
  • "I believe this part-time driven environment is in place to avoid providing benefits"
    in 10 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Right Place at the Right Time

Senior Buyer (Current Employee)
Dallas, TX

I have been working at Tuesday Morning full-time for less than a year

ProsTuesday Morning has always been a great place to get brand names for less. New executive management is making that experience even better by improving the POS systems at stores, updating the merchandise presentation in stores & improving product flow. They have put sound business plans in place and continually provide employees with support and encouragement. The corporate team is encouraged to work closely with the field to get feedback in order to improve the customer's shopping experience. No more days of the corporate staff being in an "ivory tower", instead, it is team focused.

I've worked retail for over 25 years. Tuesday Morning is definitely the most exciting place I've ever worked. The team at the store support center has welcomed me with open arms. People randomly stop in my office and offer to help. I am accustomed to working with Type A personalities who are all overly competitive. Not here, people are like family.

The share holder calls with Jeff Boyer, CFO, and Michael Rouleau, CEO are enough to get anyone thrilled about working for Tuesday Morning. Street has responded to the changes TM has been making over the last year very favorably. The vendor community, employees and customers are all noticing the difference. I am proud to say that I work for Tuesday Morning. I'm definitely in the right place at the right time; we're moving on up.

ConsRetail is not for everyone. Expect a challenge and plenty of hard work. Some see that as a con, I see it as fun.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work. Phase 1 was a success. I am looking forward to implementing new changes and seeing the positive impact.

Like most jobs, it's who you work for that matters more than the company

Corporate (Current Employee)

I have been working at Tuesday Morning full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThe team I worked with was great

ConsSome inexperienced managers hold the company back

Advice to Senior Managementreward successful managers with good productivity and low turnover.

Great Future Potential! Things are changing for the better!

Dallas, TX

I have been working at Tuesday Morning full-time

ProsFull benefits package for full-time employees include health, prescription, dental and vision if you want it. Pay is reasonable for what you do. You can talk to your supervisor about opportunities to advance within the company and you see Store Managers getting promoted to District Managers. The future is beginning to look bright. GREAT products and employee discount.

ConsCommunication has to be clearly given and focused. Occasionally, the wires get crossed causing some frustration.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmbrace technology!

Amazing client base, demanding upper management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Tuesday Morning

ProsThe clientele make working with this company worthwhile. The loyal customer base quickly become family. Employee discount was good at 20% with yearly weekends for 40%.

ConsThe staff size is very limited with often, only 2 employees running all aspects of the store during an average day. This makes putting out large trucks or setting large sales difficult as they are expected to be done in a 1 shift time frame. Employees are left disenchanted as their pay is rarely above minimum wage and the average hours per week are less than 20. This makes a poor work environment for management as the rotation is very large. Upper management expect managers to devote their lives to job, answering phone calls after hours, creating presentations for upper management outside of work hours, and paying for store services such as window cleaning out of their own pocket.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow managers to have more staff work full time, including assistant manager.

this company does not care about its employees

Store Manager (Former Employee)
Alabaster, AL

I worked at Tuesday Morning full-time for more than 8 years

Proswork hours are moderate and the customers are great

Consnot enough staff to keep the product rotated properly

Decent job, terrible, terrible pay and hours.

Assistant Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Tuesday Morning full-time for less than a year

ProsFor the most part it's a simple job, always work to do, co-workers were friendly.

ConsThe pay - barely made over minimum wage as an assistant manager. Entry level workers at other companies made more than I did.
Full time employees are not allowed to go over 28 hours a week.
Will not pay the bills.
Very cluttered and disorganized stores.
Outdated systems.
Be prepared to be on constant stand by, people call in a lot, despite the low hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey need an entire overhaul when it comes to their store setup. Everything was cluttered and dusty.

Over worked and under paid.

I have been working at Tuesday Morning full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat products at a great price. 20% discount for employees. Nice place to shop, but don't work here.

ConsWork-life balance is terrible. 50 hour work week, but only paid for 40. Consistant distribution center mistakes that stores are forced to correct. Bare minimum of payroll to get all the things done. Company values are non existent. Company cares nothing about their employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone.

Slave Labor

Assistant Manager (Former Employee)
Miramar Beach, FL

I worked at Tuesday Morning part-time for less than a year

ProsThe co-workers were excellent, caring people, but the higher up the ladder, the more corrupt & horrendous the people become.

ConsToo many to list… A few are the insanely low wages, disgustingly dirty atmospheres, the absolutely ridiculous expectations...

Advice to Senior ManagementMaybe pretend to give a crap about the people that do the actual work to keep the company afloat. Raises, benefits…SOMETHING.

Has gotten worse after previous manager left

Sales Associate (Current Employee)
Harrisburg, PA

I have been working at Tuesday Morning part-time for more than a year

ProsShopping -
 doesn't matter what you do, theft, no-shows, constant lateness you will never get fired

ConsNever will get a pay increase. Employees that have been there for 3 years, had to ask for increase because management will never bring it up.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey should take a look at this store very closely re; management.

First 6 1/2 years very good, last 6 months horrible

District Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Tuesday Morning full-time for more than 8 years

ProsWork independently without much direct supervision, and the associates and managers that worked for me

ConsTreated with no respect by last Regional manager. Constantly badgering district managers and managers.

Advice to Senior ManagementRegional manager, next level up, should respect the district managers and store managers and treat them like they are senseless idiots.

Worked for Tuesday Morning? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Tuesday Morning reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Tuesday Morning CEO Michael Rouleau. All 137 reviews posted anonymously by Tuesday Morning employees.