Tufts University

Tufts University Reviews

Updated Jul 24, 2014

Tufts University President Anthony P. Monaco

Anthony P. Monaco

Pros
  • Great work environment: supportive and caring, but provides a rigorous education(in 11 reviews)

• Tuition remission benefits, learning new skills, exciting and fast-paced environment, great work-life balance,(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Benefits are costly such as health insurance(in 3 reviews)

• Chinatown is not an ideal work area, it can be dangerous around here at night and students often need to work long hours(in 3 reviews)

small department, family like environment.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prossmall department, family like environment.

Consbenefits, leadership, small department, location

Excellent benefits

Veterinary Technician (Current Employee)

ProsBenefits are outstanding and people hired are usually top notch. Schedules are good with many 4 day options. Benefits are given even at 17.5 hours

ConsGrowth is great at lower levels, but somewhat easy to plateau in career. I have a very demanding position that I do well at. I can't really go any higher because there just is not anything higher, yet I am only low to mid management.

Advice to Senior ManagementHelp those who do a good job by listening to their requests for how they feel they can do their job better.

Excellent

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsLooks out for it's employee's career advancement

ConsI did not have any challenges

Advice to Senior Managementnone

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great campus and good human resource support

Postdoctoral Associate (Current Employee) Medford, MA

ProsGood working condition and friendly colleagues that are supportive. Great gym and athletic facilities.

ConsTraffic jam, hard to find nearby parking places. Not enough on-campus cafeteria.

Work with a mission and challenge

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Medford, MA

ProsEngaging work. Great colleagues. Benefits and pay very comfortable.

ConsLike any place of privilege some soul-searching and reflections is often needed. That seems to be happening.

World class research institute that stands by its employees.

ProsAcademic freedom, integrity and unbelievable colleagues. It's a good institution to develop opportunities for yourself and your colleagues with a broad base of foundations, corporations and individual donors.

ConsIt's hard to make tenure. The campus is constrained for space and has been extremely creative in recent years to capitalize on the limited footprint.

Advice to Senior ManagementHeavily democratic and inclusive strategy process.

Excellent university and positive work experience

Student Assistant (Former Employee) Medford, MA

ProsStudent workers are able to easily balance academics with work, which allows them to stay on top of their schedules while making some income on the side. Compensation for many basic office administration jobs is better than one would expect.

ConsPersonal growth as an employee is better earned working for a non-academic institution. Student workers usually work to supplement their college experience.

Not sure what's happening to Tufts

Department Administrator (Current Employee) Medford, MA

ProsGreat benefits. The people in my department and school are wonderful despite lots of egos.

ConsLots of initiatives that seem to go nowhere. After a while you just stop paying attention, keep your head down and hope they will die on the vine. It seems it's Central versus the schools with no clear winner but lots of losers.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet it together. Start working together. Stop talking and start doing.

Hard to get a job if you aren't work-study

Lifeguard (Current Employee) Medford, MA

Prosif you lived on campus they worked well with your schedule. further if you have work study its easy to get a job. just go to jobx.

ConsIt was extremely hard to get a job as a student without workstudy. I found only a few jobs that would even hire me unless you want to work in the dining hall. one was lifeguarding because of my license and DevTech in the CD department.

Advice to Senior Managementmake more jobs more open to non work study. lifeguarding was only 9.50 which wasn't very much for a job requiring a license.

Amazing benefits and a good place to grow your career

Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) Boston, MA

ProsTuition remission benefits, learning new skills, exciting and fast-paced environment, great work-life balance,

ConsLow salary compared to other institutions in the area

Worked for Tufts University? Contribute to the Community!