Tulane University

www.tulane.edu

Tulane University Reviews

Updated Jul 6, 2014
Tulane University – New Orleans – “Zach Morgan and Orleans Darkwa celebrating after…”

Tulane University President and Director Scott S. Cowen

Scott S. Cowen

Pros
  • The weather in New Orleans is enjoyable, the city is very nice, and the food is the best(in 12 reviews)

• Depending on your position the work life balance is good(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • I can't really think of any at the moment, Tulane is a New Orleans institution(in 6 reviews)

• Opportunities for advancement are rare, management will nickel and dime you, cut pay while increasing work responsibilities(in 3 reviews)

Great Place

Staff Member (Former Employee) New Orleans, LA

ProsGreat atmosphere, great working environment, Beutiful campus, New Orleans is a fantastic city, very helpful and nice colleagues. Largest employer in the city.

ConsDon't get a lot of time off, some of the older professors and staff can be unpleasant, pay is not as great as some other similar institutions

research assistant

Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) New Orleans, LA

Prosgood weather, easy office culture, nice food

Consparking is not available. salaries are not high

It is great.

ProsGreat people. Great food. Great atmosphere.

ConsRains alot. No parking. Expensive

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

graduate student

Graduate Student (Current Employee) New Orleans, LA

Prospeople are nice and helpful, a lot of scholarship/fellowship available, many travel funding available for professional meetings

Consnot quite efficient / productive

Advice to Senior Managementpeople in the management position might consider taking some professional management training

Dedicated and friendly staff

ProsFaculty and Staff very dedicated to making a positive difference. Great "customer service" attitude.

ConsParking is limited in some areas.

Good place to live, study and enjoy life.

Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) New Orleans, LA

ProsThe weather in New Orleans is enjoyable, the city is very nice, and the food is the best! Tulane U has many many nice professors and they are very helpful in both your studies and your lifes.

ConsThere is not many job opportunities on Engineering in New Orleans and the safety is a problem.

Advice to Senior ManagementI do not know.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Best education in the Southern United States

Research Assistant (Current Employee) New Orleans, LA

ProsGreat Community, Freedom in Work, Well Funded, Strong Leadership that attracts the best, and the most unique city in the country.

ConsPoor administration logistics. Paperwork is slow and tedious due to poor service and information.

Advice to Senior ManagementStreamline the paper mills by training the student workers. Its amazing how long it takes documents to go through such a small system, that's not counting the number of times things are simply lost in transit.

game operation

Prosfast to learn, good opportunity to practice and apply for student supervisor in the future

Constired, good opportunity to practice and apply for student supervisor in the future

highly recommended

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsKnowledgable and interesting faculty, diverse course offerrings, great campus.

ConsDisorganized administration, high prices, lack of communication between departments.

Excellent place for learning and great people.

Graduate Student (Current Employee) New Orleans, LA

ProsGreat people and fantastic facilities. Top notch professors and awesome office stop. There is always help when you needed. Geaux Wave!!

ConsLack of funding for research. Parking is a huge issue. Stop wasting money on Football stadiums and start thinking about how to compete with the top quality research universities.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in research and try to come up with multidisciplinary departments.

Worked for Tulane University? Contribute to the Community!