Tullett Prebon

Be The First To
Add Photos

Tullett Prebon Chairman & CEO Terry Smith

Terry Smith

one of the best global brokerage firms to work for, aggressive, rewarding and challenging.

Equities Broker (Former Employee) London, England (UK)

Prosaggressive, rewarding and challenging but fair

Consmaybe too aggressive for the light hearted and can be a very repetitive lifestyle. client entertainment can be viewed as an extra bonus or a health curse!

Advice to Senior Managementinvest in your staff and view them as assets rather than just squeeze them.

Good place to work, very focused, energetic atmosphere

Operations Manager (Current Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsGood work ethic
    Some high quality management
    Ambitious and serious about their business
    Guts and energy
    Ability to get things done

ConsPoor London office environment, squashed, a bit scruffy
    Surprisingly unsophisticated technology in many areas and rather unprofessional by today's standards in some areas, marketing, back office
    Unwilling to invest in anything but front office + and it shows up as missing basic efficiency

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest to accumulate

Good environment

Broker (Current Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsGood teams, friendly co-workers, and fairly good salary for similar jobs in the sector.

ConsLack of presence of the management

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Training was good

Trainee (Former Employee) Jersey City, NJ

ProsThe training program was decent. Most people were eager to be there. Managers seemed professional and responsive.

ConsIt seems to have a relative high turnover but that might be just nature of the business. I left within a year to pursue another opportunity. A few people I know also left shortly after I did.

Advice to Senior ManagementI don't have long enough experience there to offer any advice to management.

Good learning experience

Intern (Current Employee) New York, NY

Pros-The guys on my desk and others were really fun to work with
    -Laid back culture
    -Good learning experience

Cons-Working over the summer months when trading slows down can be boring
    -Very little tangible work for an intern to do

Nice place to work

Software (Current Employee) City of London, England (UK)

ProsVaried work
    Ability to try new things
    Teams are great

ConsNo Career paths
    Bad communication from top of the company

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate to staff
    Encourage staff to develop

Great Broker!

Broker (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsGood team working environment and attractive salary and bonus compensate for what some may see as tough working environment but a challenge to others

ConsNo share option scheme availiable to employees.healthcare provider used is pretty average. Tullett does not contribute to your 401K

Advice to Senior ManagementMore feedback and information concerning the company needs to be issued to staff

Great people, alright company

Staff Accountant (Current Employee) Jersey City, NJ

ProsGreat work life balance, pretty decent pay, plenty of vacation days

ConsNo raises, bonuses have been shrinking every year, little to no growth opportunity, probably downsizing soon

Good company with great people

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsFlat hierarchy so good access and interaction with senior staff. Generally a good place to work with nice people.

ConsConstant cost cutting and pay freezes has lowered morale significantly, with many good members of staff leaving.

Advice to Senior ManagementCut out the nepotism and look after the good loyal staff that the company has but improving their basic salaries and making career progression and reality.

Good place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsSome good folks working there. Enjoyed working with them and people were generally helpful.

ConsOffice is in Jersey City so kind of annoying to get there from the city everyday. Reputation as a second tier broker made it difficult sometimes.

Worked for Tullett Prebon? Contribute to the Community!