Tumbleweed Communications

Updated May 24, 2014
Updated May 24, 2014

4.0

Christophe Fabre

Lovely teams, young professionals, great quality

Former Employee - Software Engineer  in  Sofia (Bulgaria)
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Sofia (Bulgaria)

I worked at Tumbleweed Communications full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The teams are young, very dynamic and open to new cutting-edge technologies. The QA teams are big and the quality is well guarded.

Cons

It took some time to get to the Ajax UI. But once it happened, all was perfect. Now the UI look so polished and for sure it is also very functional.

I believe the management of all levels is open to communication. Maybe my advice would be about the geographically distributed teams - if they could meet personally more often, this would facilitate the job in the future.

Not the worst, but far from best.

Former Employee - Support Engineer  in  Redwood City, CA
    Former Employee - Support Engineer in Redwood City, CA

I worked at Tumbleweed Communications

Pros

My bosses, who now no longer work for Tumbleweed. It was a steady job that was at the very least consistent. The people were a solid mix of talent, and were quality personalities to work alongside.

Cons

Lack of growth, opportunities, or overall career upside. I found myself languishing in an environment that for only a few hundred people, seemed to move too slow compared to it's competitors. Sales had too much power and product suffered due to the lack of balance.

Care for employees, not the bottom line. Ensure that marketing is empowered to push the company in the correct direction.

Worked for Tumbleweed Communications? Contribute to the Community!