Tumbleweed Reviews

1. Worked here all my life

Current Employee - Corporate in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Corporate in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Tumbleweed

Pros

I have personally loved working for Tumbleweed, they are a small local chain that is doing the best they can to stay a float in a tough market. The Kentuckiana area is full of young adults that want to each somewhere new, exciting, and local. Tumbleweed doesn't fit that category. They have worked with me on my hours and pay over the years. This place is like family to me. Have i had my ups and downs, of course, but over all it's a place I can trust to do right by me and their customer. No business is perfect, Tumbleweed certainly isn't and they don't claim to be, but they try their best and give their employees whatever they can to help them succeed!

Cons

I don't have any cons- I wish they had the money to put into a fresher atmosphere but I know that's not at the top of their to-do list

Advice to Management

none! keep up the good work!

2. TYPICAL CASUAL RESTAURANT. NOT MY FIRST PICK!

Former Employee - Server in Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Server in Louisville, KY

I worked at Tumbleweed

Pros

The staff and management was surprisingly helpful for the most part and was a easy restaurant to learn product knowledge. Cash in hand after each shift. Family atmosphere restaurant.

Cons

Tumbleweed like most restaurants are struggling financially due to economy and people are not eating out as much due to this.They are also competing with Taco bell, Q doba, Chipotle, El nopal, Moes, and the list goes on. Less business means less money for you and job security is low. Casual Dining means Casual tips plain and simple. Physically demanding and getting your hands dirty.

Advice to Management

Lead Manager if got frustrated with having to do something at all while everybody else works tirelessly. Does not help or coach but Threatens you severely with possibly giving less tables in your section. Instead of being spiteful; Have more team meetings before rush hour to go over game plan and correct mistakes instead of just yelling and getting frustrated. If having issues with performance have one one ones and not just be shady and make up and excuse to fire someone. Tumbleweed needs to change in a sense of possibly having a to go system on the side like Qdoba. to Create more business. Be Professional and work on efficiency and actually try to improve. No more constantly criticizing. Be part of the solution and not the problem.

3. WORSE PLACE EVER

Former Employee - General Manager in Lexington-Fayette, KY
    Former Employee - General Manager in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I worked at Tumbleweed full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Easy, Fun, worked at the mall

Cons

No help from District manager, Low pay, The company closed the restaurant without prior notice. Just came in one day and closed the restaurant. They don't care about there employees. We have bills and families to support and they took all of that away in one day.

Advice to Management

You should of treated that location like you treated the full service restaurants, maybe we could of made more money. And prior notice you was closing the store would of been helpful that way we could of started looking for other work. Instead of having money come in for bills to immediately having no job and money.

5. First job, loved working here

I worked at Tumbleweed

Pros

Great people and fun atmosphere! I had the pleasure of making others feel good about their choice to dine at Tumbleweed. Some days could be very stressful, but I always felt good about the way things had gone at the end of each day.

Cons

Some days were very stressful

6. Waiter

I worked at Tumbleweed

Pros

Decent tips some nights, understanding management, flexible hours

Cons

rude clients, poor tips, little acknowledgement from higher ups

Advice to Management

notice your employees on the floor and on the cooking line

7. Pretty fun job for someone who isn't responsible for the rent.

Former Employee - Server in Madisonville, KY
    Former Employee - Server in Madisonville, KY

I worked at Tumbleweed part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Making tips feels like you're appreciated for what you are doing.

Cons

Most people are ignorant and don't understand how to tip.

Advice to Management

Do what you can to increase overall intelligence about tipping since you want your servers to do the most of the work.

8. unpleasant due to changing job duties, ridiculous hours, compensation changes combined with lack of training

Former Employee - Field Marketing in Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Field Marketing in Louisville, KY

I worked at Tumbleweed

Pros

Good food and a meal card benefit, HR director is very nice and professional.

Cons

Expected to work days off with no alternate days given. Unorganized manager that doesn't return emails. Chaotic work atmosphere. Confusing expectations.

Advice to Management

Stick to original job description. Give time off to employees for personal responsibilities. Be consistent in policies. Don't always think upper management knows best because they have been there for decades. Bring in new blood.

9. Family

Current Employee - Server in Terre Haute, IN
    Current Employee - Server in Terre Haute, IN

I have been working at Tumbleweed

Pros

Awesome place to work. People there are family.

Cons

The training process was a tad annoying.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work but don't do online test have server deal with people not menus and computers.

10. Great job for those in school or home for the summer

Current Employee - Busser and Food Runner in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Busser and Food Runner in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Tumbleweed

Pros

Fun people to work with, multiple locations to chose from or transfer to, potential to work your way up from serving to management

Cons

Some nights see little business so that you get cut after only working for a few hours, but this is true of any restaurant.

Advice to Management

Management knows all the ins and outs of the restaurant, no problems here.

11. Horrible

Former Employee - Cook
    Former Employee - Cook

I worked at Tumbleweed full-time

Pros

No pros Tumbleweed does not care about its employees it cares about its profits.

Cons

EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS JOB IS A CON

RSS Feed </> Embed