Tunnell Consulting

Conrad J. Heilman Jr.

Great Place to work

Former Employee - Documentation Specialist  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Documentation Specialist in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Tunnell Consulting as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

I was able to work remotely for 2 years, My managers were always very fair and they really tried to hard to obtain new contracts for us.

Cons

I had to be a W4 employee.

Revolving door for Principals.

Former Employee - Principal
    Former Employee - Principal

I worked at Tunnell Consulting full-time for more than a year

Pros

Being a niche consulting company, it's manageable to get up to speed on what they do. Company has a decent reputation with most clients. Work-life balance is reasonable for a consulting company.

Cons

Expectations are inappropriate for newcomers, it's almost impossible to meet the sales goal during your first year, your compensation is affected as a result. Company culture is terrible, the office environment is demoralizing. Wasted my time working for this company, wish I hadn't fallen for the sales pitch during the interview process.

Company desperately needs a new management team, the group in charge does not have the support and respect of the organization.

managing consultant in Tunnell

Current Employee - Managing Consultant  in  Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Managing Consultant in Washington, DC

I have been working at Tunnell Consulting full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The managers always tell you the positive comments as if everybody likes you.

Cons

Actually, it is not true. The managers play only political games. They do not value your hard work and achievement. They want only business done.

change management team

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Political and high turnover. Watch your back.

Current Employee - Project Manager
    Current Employee - Project Manager

I have been working at Tunnell Consulting full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

If the executive leadership thinks you can make money off of you, you're a darling.

Cons

Loyalty is not valued. If you have constructive ideas for improving business, you will not be heard. The company's compensation structure flows great rewards to the Executive Committee, at the expense of those who generate the sales and the billings. In fact, the executives are passive aggressive, and put great emphasis on de-valuing the esteem of their workers while working behind the scenes to force out those who capture the sales or earn the next project add-on, in order to avoid paying them their hard-won bonuses.

Get real executives, not passive-aggressive scientists who have back-stabbed their way to the top

Always recommend Tunnell Consulting for Gov't Consulting

Current Employee - Managing Consultant  in  Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Managing Consultant in Washington, DC

I have been working at Tunnell Consulting full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Small business, Variety of contracts, Good working environment, HRA to make up for no vision, no dental, has ESOP

Cons

No dental, no vision but partially made up for in HRA

Very rewarding, Tunnell gives you the autonomy to get your job done

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  King of Prussia, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

I have been working at Tunnell Consulting

Pros

Company culture, opportunity to make $, opportunity to make an imediate impact to the bottom line, Tunnell is an ESOP.

Cons

Sometime long hours - but this is consulting afterall....

Continue to keep listening to the employees. You are making great progreess with regards to the company culture.

My experience has been one of growth and learning.

I have been working at Tunnell Consulting

Pros

Overall I think Tunnell is a very good place to work. We work in a field that strives to improve people's lives and that is very rewarding.

Cons

Because we are so spread out geophraphically I think there are times of feeling isolated or not part of the big picture. Things are getting better though.

I think leadership is on the right path and I feel that most of our executives really are striving to make this a stronger and more stable company. There are one or two who seem to drive a wedge through the company (or at least some of the employees) but I don't think the other execs are unaware of this situation and I do think it will eventually be resolved.

Done their best to keep me satisfied after a poor contract fit, but I would prefer more proactivity.

I have been working at Tunnell Consulting

Pros

The account manager on the contract I am assigned to is very accessible. I can discuss issues frankly and so far, I have experienced no negative consequences for just being honest.

Cons

Most of us work remotely, so technology is important to remain connected. Tunnell's systems are not well integrated. I have to maintain multiple bookmarks, manage multiple usernames and passwords, and the most annoying thing is that the company prevents accessing email via mobile devices unless the device is provided by the company. I understand the need for security, but if the systems were better integrated, email wouldn't have to include sensitive attachments.

Provide better communication about contract opportunities on the private side to government side people and vice versa. You will be losing valuable assets if you don't re-assign contractors who are working in a toxic environment into a different contract within Tunnell.

Tunnell Consulting Photos

+ Add Photo

Worked for Tunnell Consulting? Contribute to the Community!