Tuomey Regional Medical Center

Tuomey Regional Medical Center Reviews

Updated Jun 20, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Great area. But satisfactory job. See other comments.

ProsShort commute and great Co workers.

ConsLow salary. Moral is okay but maybe will improve.

Advice to Senior ManagementIncrease salary.

I love the culture and senior leadership at Tuomey Healthcare System

Education Director (Current Employee) Sumter, SC

ProsThis hospital has a very positive environment. The managers are mostly friendly and supportive. I don't sense any lateral or vertical violence, which is very common in nursing management. I love going to work. It definitely ranks right up there with the best hospitals I've worked in. Management is very positive there. I don't feel that if I don't function at my very best everyday, that my job is at stake. I'm not micromanaged. I get alot of kudos and recognition for doing a good job, all the time!. I personally have never had that at any other hospital, even though I was promoted to a management level. I love it, love it, love it and I never want to leave! I just hope I can be promoted in the future...

ConsThe only downside has been salary. They are don't offer the best salaries in the area. The decreased stress level and positive environment makes it well a decrease in salary. I am making about $6000 less than my previous job. That job however, was not in the same department as this one. I believe that this position does not pay very well in South Carolina, anyway. I haven't been able to find a salary for this position in any other cities in my area, so I may be wrong...

Advice to Senior ManagementI would like to be promoted.

I hated going to work each day

Patienet Account Representative (Former Employee) Sumter, SC

ProsBeing near family and friends

ConsDifferent work hours long nitght shifts lots of overtime

Advice to Senior ManagementEducate themselves

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Pay for performance not for titles.

Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) Sumter, SC

ProsIt is close to home.

ConsAdministration does not recognize the importance of all areas in the hospital.

Advice to Senior ManagementReview the actual job duties being done as opposed to the titles that people have.

Worked for Tuomey Regional Medical Center? Contribute to the Community!