Tupperware
www.tupperwarebrands.com Orlando, FL 5000+ Employees

Tupperware Reviews

Updated Apr 7, 2014
Tupperware – Orlando – “Associate Meeting in Atrium”

Tupperware Chairman and CEO Rick Goings

Rick Goings

Excellent

Consultant (Current Employee)
Medford, OR

I have been working at Tupperware as a contractor for more than a year

ProsGreat people, lifetime warranty, make as much as you work for.

Consreturn policy is not good if an error is made your just stuck.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't punish consultants for not being able to make over 150.00 in sales every party.

Best "work from home" company to work for!

Tupperware Consultant (Current Employee)
Bothell, WA

I have been working at Tupperware part-time for more than a year

ProsI can make my own schedule. AMAZING training from great leaders. FREE cars! HUGELY discounted products. FREE trips. AMAZING products! It really sells itself!

ConsI don't feel like there really are any "cons" to working at Tupperware. But, if I had to choose 1, it would be the fact that they have a new sales flyer each month... which means you have to buy samples each month. That is also a good thing if you think about it... keeps customers coming back!

Advice to Senior ManagementI would love to have a better website, and better "warrantee" program. Not the program itself, but the system for returning products.

Tupperware worked with my life and my family when I needed it to.

Manager (Former Employee)
Denver, CO

I worked at Tupperware full-time for more than 10 years

ProsThis company was great to work for. They have a quality product and pay commission on what you sell which is items that people need everyday.

ConsSometimes it was hard to get people to host parties.

Best organizational solutions for your kitchen!

Consultant (Current Employee)
Manteca, CA

I have been working at Tupperware as a contractor for more than 5 years

ProsLifetime warranty. Once you buy these products, they will save you $100's if not $1000's over a lifetime of use

ConsCan be a bit pricey in the beginning

I couldn't have asked for a better internship experience!

Design Intern (Former Employee)
Orlando, FL

ProsGood design team.
Great learning environment.
Quality products.
Experienced.

Consproducts a little scattered across the board
design language/brand not as uniform and cohesive as it should be

Advice to Senior Managementnone

Drink the Kool-Aid to really enjoy the work.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Orlando, FL

I worked at Tupperware

ProsTupperware is a bigger company than most people think because of their international businesses. At the Orlando headquarters, you really get to know the people you work with and are able to build some wonderful work relationships. The employees are generally very passionate about the products and the sales people. The company gives out free products or offers highly discounted products often. The biggest job advancement opportunities are usually overseas. There is an on site gym, tennis courts, basketball courts, and they host 5K walk/runs often that go around the property. It is a completely non-smoking facility and property and there are positive efforts to support employees being healthy. They also have jeans days every once in a while that make for a more comfortable work day.

ConsEducational reimbursement is only available to upper management levels even though it is listed as a benefit on all their recruitment information. Your level of education is basically ignored in the recruiting process as insider experience tends to be more valued. You eventually have so much free product that the idea of taking home something else makes you bitter. In the US business, you work in an environment that is ever changing and very short-handed so you work a lot under stressful circumstances and virtually impossible deadlines. The majority of the people are overwhelmed with their workload. There is a level of micro-management that prevents movement of work in a timely manner or causes so many last minute changes that time is frequently wasted with re-work. There is no time for long term strategy planning, employee development, or succession planning because everyone is too busy with the day to day workload. When someone leaves the company it usually deals a major blow to the business until the replacement is found and gets up to speed months later. The worldwide side of the business works at a more manageable pace and often has great international business travel opportunities for managers. The US business is stuck. They are having difficulty progressing because of old processes, old IT systems, not having enough people and old ways of thinking from very tenured or inbred-thinking employees. You must love the in-home party, direct selling business model and the sales people that go along with it to really enjoy working here. It is a company that is really behind with today's culture and they seem to be ignoring trends in how today's consumers prefer to shop and focus more on how their aging sales force prefers to sell.

Exciting

Legacy Executive Director (Current Employee)
Red Oak, TX

ProsTrips, People, Helping others. & The quality of the products

ConsBeing displaced from my top friends in the business

Advice to Senior ManagementTo build the people you need to be positive and inspiring.

The best job I've ever had !

Little Hocking, OH

I have been working at Tupperware

Prosfreedom family independence friends hope

ConsYou have to make your money .

AWESOME COMPANY!

Tupperware Brands (Current Employee)
Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Tupperware

ProsTupperware gives me the freedom to create my own schedule, work at my own pace, meet great people, network and earn an income that provides for my present and future. I love the products, as well.

ConsYou have to be a self-starter to some degree.

Advice to Senior ManagementI have had great experiences so far with my upline. She has been very helpful and training is excellent! I am very impressed.

Weird company and that is good

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Tupperware

ProsOriginal culture, rich heritage, excellent opportunities for extraordinary people and very conservative opportunities for regular folks

ConsStagnation, from the top downwards

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote new generation to the top much more aggressively and be ready to change old know-it-all guys who are basically no longer adding value

Worked for Tupperware? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Tupperware reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Tupperware CEO Rick Goings. All 41 reviews posted anonymously by Tupperware employees.