Tupperware

Tupperware Chairman and CEO Rick Goings

Rick Goings

Awesome Company

Manager (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsOwn your own business with training available online. Work the hours you need to accomplish your goals. Great compensation, recognition and rewards.

ConsMust be self motivated. Customer service is outsourced to foreign country and sometimes difficult to understand.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep customer service within country. Motivational rewards are sometimes cheesy.

Optimistic

Legacy Executive Director (Current Employee)

ProsGreat friendships are built within this company while at the same time helping people and giving them the opportunity to become great business owners and leaders.

ConsAny job takes work you get out of it what you put into it!

Advice to Senior ManagementYour sales force is your life blood hear what they have to say!

One of the friendliest and most enjoyable company I have ever worked.

Systems Analyst (Current Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsMost of the employees in my department are in their middle ages and yet they are up to speed on the latest technologies. This lends to a mature work environment where mature and reasoned discussion takes place. No empire builders, just people who want to do a good job.

ConsWell...we have to dance and clap at the all employee meetings. I don't mind but it is funny to watch how uncomfortable the other IT people will become at the meetings.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Values don't match the environment.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe company philosophy of empowering their independent sales force with a great earning opportunity is admirable. The people that work at the corporate office are competent and work very hard. There are opportunities to promote from within. The campus is beautiful.

ConsOffice politics are ridiculous. Lack of true leadership to do what is right rather than what will further careers is rampant. Strategy continually changing with little results. The difference between what is expected and what is possible with existing resources is unattainable.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone as the culture is very resistant to change. Take accountability for poor decisions.

Great place for an internship!

Intern (Former Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsPaid internship, great company discount and great working environment. The leadership takes an interest in your development, which is rare. Overall, it was a great experience.

ConsSome issues with communication exist, so be sure to get everything in writing. Improvements could be made in terms of strategic company growth. The culture seems to be one that "brushes things under the rug," so that is an area of improvement.

Awesome Company With Great People

Manager (Former Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsWork hard but rewards are there along with fun

Conspolitics as with most big companies.

Advice to Senior ManagementChange the dress code to biz casual.

Changes women's lives

ProsThe company values are superb, it's not just a tag line but this company truly changes people's lives.

ConsLike any corporation there are politics that are followed here

Advice to Senior ManagementOpen up a bit more and take in ideas from more junior employees - there is a lot of passion and care by many employees here that can be used to make this an even better company.

Fast Pace Enviroment

Regional Sales Director (Current Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsPersonal growth opportunities
    Promotes from within when possible

ConsConstant change in leadership and in most cases strategy

Fantastic employer

Consultant (Current Employee) Belvidere, IL

ProsShe is fair, personable and honest

ConsShe is located in another state.

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

Tupperware Finance Department

ProsLots of great people. Job was interesting. Great perks such as full gym on campus and free products. COO and CEO have open door and care about employees and community.

ConsThere are too many transitions among Managers, Directors, VP’s and CFO’s. New managers/directors do not honor prior mangers work in progress especially when it comes to promotions. This has a negative impact on employee morale. Employees find it difficult to move forward as they are basically starting over every time their manager/director is transferred to a different area. The VP of HR also prevents managers from promoting deserving employees.

Worked for Tupperware? Contribute to the Community!