www.turkeyhill.com

Turkey Hill Dairy Reviews

Be The First To
Add Photos

Quintin F. Frey

It was a satisfactory summer as a Q&A intern at Turkey Hill Dairy.

Q&A Intern (Former Employee) Conestoga, PA

ProsGood pay, nice people, good hours, free tea and ice cream

ConsBoring, inconvenient plant location (no cell service, way out in the middle of nowhere), unorganized supervisor

Great Place to Work. Very cool To work at Turkey Hill Dairy

Safety & Health (Former Employee) Conestoga, PA

ProsFriendly People. Neat process. Supervisors listen to the employees. Good programs for the employees. Awesome that they always have room for an intern to learn something! Free Ice Tea at lunch!

ConsIn the middle of nowhere.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter ergonomics for truck driver deliveries

EHS Intern

EHS Intern (Former Employee) Conestoga, PA

ProsGreat atmosphere to work in, either in the office or the plant. Coworkers and mentors were a big help. Didn't just throw you into projects/assignments and was given guidance.

Free iced tea and ice cream at work for employees was a plus. Couldn't take it home with you but that's understandable

ConsLimited exposure to different aspects of the EHS field but that should be expected with an internship

Advice to Senior Managementnone

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Filler Operator (Current Employee) Lancaster, PA

ProsGood pay, not overly hard work, ot, good coworkers

Conssometimes alot of overtime in summer

My years with the company have been a positively moooo-ving experience.

Machine Operator (Current Employee) Conestoga, PA

ProsThe pay is great, job security of the best product being produced in Lancaster County which is expanding everyday and uniforms are provided. Plus if you know the right people and get in good with them you have a great chance of advancing quickly especially if you're packing a college degree.

ConsWork lots of days during the summer due to demand of ice cream consumption, which is physically and emotionally draining. The paychecks are slamming though, but no time to spend all the money I make.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake the time to listen to employees complaints, ideas and concerns instead of taking off with the first sentence out of their mouth and going on with your own point of view. Listen to and act on the employee's issue. Plus deal with an issue at the time it happens with the employee who is violating a policy instead of handling it at a later time in a group. Usually that person isn't even there or thinks nothing of it because they don't see themselves as a violator.

Cost Accountant (Former Employee) Lancaster, PA

ProsEasy work atmosphere with flexible schedule.

ConsLittle to no opportunity for advancement.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire more educated people and pay them accordingly

Worked for Turkey Hill Dairy? Contribute to the Community!