Turn

Story still unfolding

Current Employee - Senior Engineer  in  Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Turn full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Smart people, strong leadership team, and a vision to take on the world. When I joined several years ago I did so for these exact reasons. None of these facts have changed to date. What has changed is that Turn has grown tremendously, through thick and thin, despite the occasional naysayer who didn't believe, and is still here today proving that if you fight the good fight, you will prevail.

For those considering joining, the reality is there's no shortage of interesting projects to work on and you will get exposure to the latest technologies. It is part of the culture roots of Turn. The growth opportunities have been and, I believe, will continue to be great.

Cons

As with any company trying to grow quickly, it inevitably burns a few people in the process. It's the nature of startups and ad tech in particular due to the pace of the industry. Former employees who didn't have tolerance for it left their mark with a negative vibe which, unfortunately, had a cascading effect. Turn does have it's problems but they are minor, on a relative scale, and fixable and it's pretty clear steps are being taken to address them.

Focus on culture and don't simply push it to HR or the employees. While Turn's constituent parts makes it's culture, the leadership team takes no small part in defining it. Engage your staff. Now that Turn is emerging from startup-hood, this is more important than ever. It's what binds us together. It's what makes people want to be the driving force behind the company.

Excellent place to start your career

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Turn full-time for less than a year

Pros

Managers and senior engineers are helpful. People around are interesting and willing to teach you everything they know. Unlike other startups, Turn gives you sufficient time to catch up.

Cons

Not anything that I don't like so far. I wish we could have larger work space.

Excellent Place to work

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Turn full-time

Pros

I worked here over two months and find it a place to work. The people here are talented, friendly and like to share with you. The manager cares about you personal growth. The benefit here is great, better than most of companies I know. There are many actives to make you enjoy the life. Work-life balance is great.

Cons

I haven't find something that make me feel uncomfortable.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Such a great workplace!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Turn full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have worked at Turn for over a year and half and I love it! There are some amazing people that work here and everyone works together as a team. They have great benefits, we get free lunches and unlimited snacks and drinks! It's very laid back work environment and everyone gets their work done!

Cons

The downside is that there are times when the workload can get a overwhelming but overall we work together and help each other if the work gets too stressful. We only want each other to succeed. Although hiring has slowed down, we are all working together to make this company successful!

Encourage your team to be great and congratulate your team members if you see them doing a great job!

great company

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Turn full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

great benefits, great product and exciting space in the industry

Cons

fast paced and can be difficult to keep up with

Turn Response

Jul 28, 2014Communications Manager

Turn strives to provide employees with excellent benefits. In addition to strong insurance benefits, Turn also offers a variety of other employee benefits such as commuter benefits for public ... More

Great Company, Great Tech and Great Management!~

I have been working at Turn full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work with the best in the industry by being a market leader

Cons

Ever changing space, so much to keep up with and learn

Great place to work for and awesome culture!

Current Employee - Manager, Engineering  in  Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Manager, Engineering in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Turn full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Increase breadth and depth in core computer science areas while you learn from and contribute to the latest and greatest software development in the industry.

Cons

Still a mid size startup, not a big company, so some processes may be lacking and catered food can be improved to be consistently good, but overall, nice place to work for.

Continue focus on good technical work and humble work culture.

Turn Response

Jul 28, 2014Communications Manager

Working at Turn provides an opportunity to learn from amazing engineers and business leaders and to contribute to an evolving and highly innovative new industry. As our company grows, we appreciate ... More

Great, successful, employee-oriented company

Current Employee - Senior Technical Writer  in  Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Technical Writer in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Turn full-time for less than a year

Pros

People are very smart, company is very employee-oriented, other team members work together very well, management is very competent and transparent, compensation is quite good. Overall, an excellent environment.

Cons

Free lunches four days a week is very nice (and the food always quite good), but it does encourage people to work indoors and not leave the office all day. So it is a two-edged sword.

Keep up the good work and please don't let the company's growth change the excellent corporate culture.

Amazing Company and People

Current Employee - Marketing Associate  in  Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing Associate in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Turn full-time for less than a year

Pros

Turn takes care of and invests in their employees in every way -- catered lunches daily, free unlimited snacks and drinks, amazing benefits, and gym membership. On top of the everyday perks, Turn has incredibly smart employees who challenge each other daily. The environment is fast-paced and the industry is competitive.

Cons

The industry is fast moving and can get hectic- if you aren't willing jump in and be flexible, it isn't the place for you.

Great company to work for

Current Employee - Engineer  in  Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Engineer in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Turn full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have joined the company very recently. Free food, free snacks and the company takes care off its employees. Great people to work with and awesome tech stack. Everyone is kickass smart, helpful and constantly think about what can be done to make the company better. All of them feel they are a part of the company and the company also reciprocates in the same way.

Cons

I don't have much to say at this time. Will post something when I find one

Worked for Turn? Contribute to the Community!