Turn
www.turn.com Redwood City, CA 150 to 499 Employees

Turn Reviews

Updated Jul 5, 2014

Bill Demas

Falling apart, and quickly.

Anonymous (Current Employee)

ProsRemember that Twilight Zone episode where that one kid sent those who disagreed with him to the cornfield? I think that kid grew up to be our CEO.

ConsSee above. This place makes everyone feels bad about themselves if they stay long enough. Why? Bar none the most political environment I've ever worked in.

Advice to Senior ManagementPut in M.L.

Such a great workplace!

Redwood City, CA

ProsI have worked at Turn for over a year and half and I love it! There are some amazing people that work here and everyone works together as a team. They have great benefits, we get free lunches and unlimited snacks and drinks! It's very laid back work environment and everyone gets their work done!

ConsThe downside is that there are times when the workload can get a overwhelming but overall we work together and help each other if the work gets too stressful. We only want each other to succeed. Although hiring has slowed down, we are all working together to make this company successful!

Advice to Senior ManagementEncourage your team to be great and congratulate your team members if you see them doing a great job!

Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory

Engineering (Current Employee)
    Redwood City, CA

ProsSmart Engineers. There are some very talented people at Turn.

ConsCurrent leadership gaps. Inconsistent resource planning. Management unable to see the workload strains being put on employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet things back on track or expect more of the same

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

great company

Sales (Current Employee)

Prosgreat benefits, great product and exciting space in the industry

Consfast paced and can be difficult to keep up with

Great Company, Great Tech and Great Management!~

ProsWork with the best in the industry by being a market leader

ConsEver changing space, so much to keep up with and learn

office manager

Office Manager (Current Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

Prosfree food, gym reimbursement, cell phone budget, good benefits, smart, great co workers

Consthe pounds you gain from free food.

Great place to work for and awesome culture!

Manager, Engineering (Current Employee)
    Redwood City, CA

ProsIncrease breadth and depth in core computer science areas while you learn from and contribute to the latest and greatest software development in the industry.

ConsStill a mid size startup, not a big company, so some processes may be lacking and catered food can be improved to be consistently good, but overall, nice place to work for.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue focus on good technical work and humble work culture.

Great, successful, employee-oriented company

Senior Technical Writer (Current Employee)
    Redwood City, CA

ProsPeople are very smart, company is very employee-oriented, other team members work together very well, management is very competent and transparent, compensation is quite good. Overall, an excellent environment.

ConsFree lunches four days a week is very nice (and the food always quite good), but it does encourage people to work indoors and not leave the office all day. So it is a two-edged sword.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work and please don't let the company's growth change the excellent corporate culture.

Amazing Company and People

Marketing Associate (Current Employee)
    Redwood City, CA

ProsTurn takes care of and invests in their employees in every way -- catered lunches daily, free unlimited snacks and drinks, amazing benefits, and gym membership. On top of the everyday perks, Turn has incredibly smart employees who challenge each other daily. The environment is fast-paced and the industry is competitive.

ConsThe industry is fast moving and can get hectic- if you aren't willing jump in and be flexible, it isn't the place for you.

Great company to work for

Engineer (Current Employee)
    Redwood City, CA

ProsI have joined the company very recently. Free food, free snacks and the company takes care off its employees. Great people to work with and awesome tech stack. Everyone is kickass smart, helpful and constantly think about what can be done to make the company better. All of them feel they are a part of the company and the company also reciprocates in the same way.

ConsI don't have much to say at this time. Will post something when I find one

Worked for Turn? Contribute to the Community!

Turn Videos

Turn – Why Work for Us?

Turn has been transforming the way Fortune 1000 marketers and their agencies make decisions since we started doing business in 2006. Turn is: • The largest independent company in the advertising technology sector and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Turn reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Turn CEO Bill Demas. All 28 reviews posted anonymously by Turn employees.