Turn

Updated Jul 24, 2014

Bill Demas

Excellent Place to work

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Redwood City, CA

ProsI worked here over two months and find it a place to work. The people here are talented, friendly and like to share with you. The manager cares about you personal growth. The benefit here is great, better than most of companies I know. There are many actives to make you enjoy the life. Work-life balance is great.

ConsI haven't find something that make me feel uncomfortable.

It was a great place but recently it's started to slip

ProsGreat people, especially those who have been there for awhile. Benefits are good and the work is interesting.

ConsCulture is becoming watered down. The best people are leaving. Lots of new hires to head up newly created departments who don't know what they're doing. Head of engineering is not much of an engineer and an even worse manager. Too many egos in sales.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop losing experienced people. Reduce the proliferation of internal politics. Bring back the fun, energetic culture. Find some real leadership for engineering. Promote more from within.

could have gone the right direction and led the industry

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Redwood City, CA

Prosused to have leading products and talents to lead the indurstry

ConsMost people disagree with management team will get hammered or be plotted against. No more innovation. Top down driven management team who copycat competitors idea, transitioning from leading position to a mediocre follower. An incapable CEO who are trusting his familiar ears but not the ground people is doomed to be found out.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Falling apart, and quickly.

Anonymous (Current Employee)

ProsRemember that Twilight Zone episode where that one kid sent those who disagreed with him to the cornfield? I think that kid grew up to be our CEO.

ConsSee above. This place makes everyone feels bad about themselves if they stay long enough. Why? Bar none the most political environment I've ever worked in.

Advice to Senior ManagementPut in M.L.

Such a great workplace!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Redwood City, CA

ProsI have worked at Turn for over a year and half and I love it! There are some amazing people that work here and everyone works together as a team. They have great benefits, we get free lunches and unlimited snacks and drinks! It's very laid back work environment and everyone gets their work done!

ConsThe downside is that there are times when the workload can get a overwhelming but overall we work together and help each other if the work gets too stressful. We only want each other to succeed. Although hiring has slowed down, we are all working together to make this company successful!

Advice to Senior ManagementEncourage your team to be great and congratulate your team members if you see them doing a great job!

Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory

Engineering (Current Employee) Redwood City, CA

ProsSmart Engineers. There are some very talented people at Turn.

ConsCurrent leadership gaps. Inconsistent resource planning. Management unable to see the workload strains being put on employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet things back on track or expect more of the same

great company

Sales (Current Employee)

Prosgreat benefits, great product and exciting space in the industry

Consfast paced and can be difficult to keep up with

Great Company, Great Tech and Great Management!~

ProsWork with the best in the industry by being a market leader

ConsEver changing space, so much to keep up with and learn

office manager

Office Manager (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

Prosfree food, gym reimbursement, cell phone budget, good benefits, smart, great co workers

Consthe pounds you gain from free food.

Great place to work for and awesome culture!

Manager, Engineering (Current Employee) Redwood City, CA

ProsIncrease breadth and depth in core computer science areas while you learn from and contribute to the latest and greatest software development in the industry.

ConsStill a mid size startup, not a big company, so some processes may be lacking and catered food can be improved to be consistently good, but overall, nice place to work for.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue focus on good technical work and humble work culture.

Worked for Turn? Contribute to the Community!