Turner Broadcasting
www.turner.com Atlanta, GA 5000+ Employees

Turner Broadcasting Reviews

Updated Apr 3, 2014

John Martin

Pros:
  • "Good work/life balance, fun people to work with, it's an industry you can relate to"
    in 30 reviews
  • "They treat their employees well with good training programs and great benefits"
    in 58 reviews
Cons:
  • "No work life balance -- they tout it all on paper, but don't actually practice it"
    in 9 reviews
  • "Silo work with upper management politics"
    in 12 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

It's a great place to work even on contract

Drupal Developer (Current Employee)
Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Turner Broadcasting as a contractor for less than a year

ProsDevelopment culture is great. There are many different opportunities across different parts of the industry at Turner, e.g. they have sites to support their TV channels that are really creative but there are teams that almost feel like marketing agencies with a more corporate feel. With the backing of successful networks there is time to grow as a developer and not just hack, hack, hack. You almost feel like a real employee at Turner instead of an outcast contractor.

ConsI think this is true of most places but politics from leadership could be a con. If you work at the CNN Center downtown and you are a contractor you have to pay for parking.

Great company with good work life balance

Expert Software Developer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Turner Broadcasting full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat work life balance, good benefits, summer Fridays, sports tickets, free parking at major Atlanta attractions, novelty and relaxed environment of working in a creative company

ConsOnly one I can think of career progression is slow due to people not leaving the company, so its difficult to get promotions.

Advice to Senior ManagementPerhaps have a better define career path

An amazing 8 years....and the hopes for many more to come

Human Resources - Recruiting (Current Employee)

I have been working at Turner Broadcasting full-time for more than 8 years

ProsI have enjoyed my 8 years working with such a dynamic, smart and fun team in Talent Acquisition, and I really enjoy supporting this company together. Thanks for an awesome 8 years. I look forward to many more years together.

ConsDowntown traffic could be better, but once you learn the ebb and flow of traffic patterns it's not so bad. Yeah, I know - not Turner's fault but it's a result of commuting into the city. Nothing we can do about it but keep up the event communications so at least we all know what to expect when we leave the building every day.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work. I'm looking forward to a brighter future together.

Benefits are incredible...

Senior Web Developer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Turner Broadcasting full-time for more than 3 years

ProsTurner gives 7% to your 401k for your 6% contribution. They give you $1,250 if you sign up for an HSA. You get annual Hawks tickets (~$250 worth) and discounted AMC/Regal tickets. They have a lenient "working-from-home" policy and the annual bonus is outstanding. They pay you via direct deposit every two weeks and it typically arrives very quickly.

ConsThere aren't really any cons to be honest. The managers are fair and employees are smart. The core hours are 10-4 so as long as you arrive by 10 (and stay the full 9 hours) or don't leave earlier than 4, you're good to go.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind something other than Clarity to handle time keeping. :)

Excellent place for experience and growth

Technical Director (Former Employee)

I worked at Turner Broadcasting as a contractor for more than 3 years

ProsModern top-of-the line gear, excellent engineering dept, lots of opportunities for advancement.

ConsLike most large corporations, lots of politics.

Amazing Company

Intern (Current Employee)
Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Turner Broadcasting as an intern for less than a year

ProsThis is a great company to work for. The atmosphere is amazing and the people are truly nice. There are people of all ages there so you can fit in anywhere! Everyone is very friendly. The employees are treated very well. There is a great work life balance as well!

ConsThere are really no cons pertaining to this company

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work!

Great place

New York, NY

I have been working at Turner Broadcasting full-time for more than 8 years

ProsFun place to work. Perks are great. Management can be a little "old Fashioned" but overall a great company to work for.

ConsHours are great ,you really do have time for your family. Compensation is ok but they do have some great perks.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote from with in the company.

I had a Great Time working with great people and learned a TON

Broadcast Maintenance Engineer (Former Employee)
Denver, CO

I worked at Turner Broadcasting full-time for less than a year

ProsMy immediate supervisor and managers were excellent. My co-workers helped teach me and trained me well. There were free tickets to baseball, basketball and the benefits package was very nice. I will really miss working at Turner Broadcasting. It is one of the few places I considered my co-workers to be my friends. Some days I regret leaving.

ConsI have very little bad to say about Turner Broadcasting. It was a great experience.

Great place to work

New York, NY

I have been working at Turner Broadcasting full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGreat people and great brands. They treat their employees well with good training programs and great benefits. Luxury of having a well established company with the resources needed to be successful. Good work-life balance.

ConsWhile growth is encouraged, it's difficult to advance your career. People stay in the company for a long time which limits job openings.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive honest feedback so that employees improve.

Great experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Turner Broadcasting full-time for more than 5 years

ProsSuper industry, always evolving. The beneifts and perks can't be beat. CNN Center is a fantastic place to go to work everyday. The people are incredible and talented and nice.

ConsThere are always negatives in the day to day of office politics, but in my experience everyone was so focused on the mission that the little blips every now and then were quickly moved past as everyone got on with the business at hand.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep on surveying the employees and acting on the survey data.

Worked for Turner Broadcasting? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Turner Broadcasting reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Turner Broadcasting CEO John Martin. All 305 reviews posted anonymously by Turner Broadcasting employees.