Turner Broadcasting

www.turner.com

Turner Broadcasting Reviews

Updated Jul 25, 2014

John Martin

Pros
  • Good work/life balance, fun people to work with, it's an industry you can relate to(in 36 reviews)

• They treat their employees well with good training programs and great benefits(in 61 reviews)

Cons
  • No work life balance -- they tout it all on paper, but don't actually practice it(in 13 reviews)

• Ascending into upper management is difficult(in 13 reviews)

Good Start to a Career

Account Executive (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsGreat growth opportunities early in career, fair compensation and benefits. Good people

ConsManagement is VERY top-heavy. Sometimes move slower than the industry due to its size

Great working environment

ProsThe environment is very creative, friendly and supportive. Really good benefits and a great Atlanta-based company for involvement in the entertainment industry.

ConsDue to financial constraints, over the years, the perks to employees continue to decease. Additionally, I've found that it is difficult to move up within the company as many middle and upper managers tend to stay in positions for a long time. It would be nice to have some more opportunities and turnover.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think management should consider placing some sort of maximum on time spent in a position, which I think would help get new ideas and systems in place. Additionally, I would love some sort of way to evaluate my managers and directors so that they could also get feedback from their employees.

Is a favorite place to work

Team Assistant (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsBenefits, benefits, benefits... and perks

ConsThere are not many bad things to say about this company. I guess I did not have a bad experience... OK the benefits department seems to be a third party, so that was weird

Advice to Senior Managementwatch Undercover Boss

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Received great experience from my internship

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFun environment, opportunities to be mentored, and exciting projects to work on. I learned so much from interning here and had opportunities to meet with many different departments and get a better understanding of how each one works together to make the company great.

ConsCan't think of any at the moment.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more open to working with different personality types. Other than that, I'd say keep up the good work.

Senior financial Analyst

Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsGreat values, work life balance

ConsSr. management can be a pain

Culture supports talented professionals

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsMost of my colleagues were committed, smart, hard working and talented. Slackers, dead weight, incompetence doesn't often make it through the door. On site professional development courses, progressive approaches to retaining talent, raises and bonuses were readily available for proven

ConsNot many. Would like to have had the opportunity for a flexible work schedule, or work from home a couple of days per week. Lots of shake ups and shifts in sr mgmt while I was there.

Fabulous company!

Speciaist (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsExcellent benefits package, employees have top notch 401K savings program available to them. Work life programs also offer employee support.

ConsTelevision is a dying industry, particularly cable. I believe the focus of the company should be more towards developing content rather than branding and sustaining networks.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere are exciting new changes on the horizon for Turner Broadcasting. I would advise current leaders to embrace the new incoming leaders and be open to their ideas. These are new people coming from the outside and hopefully bring a fresh perspective.

Amazing Company to Work For!

Log Editor (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsCulture, Benefits, PTO, and Discounts

ConsDifficult to move up in company

Sales Operations

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

Prosgreat copmpany with excellent benefits, I enjoyed the perks too!!

Conscould be stressful at times

Advice to Senior Managementokay

Awesome Place

Account Service Rep (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsVery lucky to start my career with such an amazing company. The benefits are top-notch, the people are some of my closest friends, and the environment sets you up for success!

ConsNone so far - I am newer to the company so as I advance I'm sure the cons will be exposed!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up!

Worked for Turner Broadcasting? Contribute to the Community!