Turner Broadcasting

www.turner.com

Turner Broadcasting Reviews

Updated Jul 25, 2014

John Martin

Pros
  • Good work/life balance, fun people to work with, it's an industry you can relate to (in 37 reviews)

• They treat their employees well with good training programs and great benefits (in 61 reviews)

Cons
  • No work life balance -- they tout it all on paper, but don't actually practice it (in 13 reviews)

• Ascending into upper management is difficult (in 13 reviews)

More Highlights

Overall a great company

ProsGood environment, good training

ConsLack of advancement opportunities, politics

Fall of the house of Turner

Senior Management (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsBenefits are good. Politics are bad.

ConsPolitics, promotion's based on politics not skills and abilities. It has been downhill since Ted left.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of John Martin and those who are gutting the company for a sale. I am not a disgruntled employee who was passed over for promotion. My advice is that the culture as promoted is not what is now being executed. Moral at Turner is in a free fall as no employee feels safe.

Some extremely clique-y staff members

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat exposure into the industry - this is be expected as it is one of the industry leaders. The adequate compensation package and other benefits such as work/life balance, perks etc definitely help to foster an environment of creativity.

ConsOne of the worst examples of positive office culture. Extremely clique-y - this was particularly evident in the departments with less of an international remit.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good Start to a Career

Account Executive (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsGreat growth opportunities early in career, fair compensation and benefits. Good people

ConsManagement is VERY top-heavy. Sometimes move slower than the industry due to its size

Great working environment

ProsThe environment is very creative, friendly and supportive. Really good benefits and a great Atlanta-based company for involvement in the entertainment industry.

ConsDue to financial constraints, over the years, the perks to employees continue to decease. Additionally, I've found that it is difficult to move up within the company as many middle and upper managers tend to stay in positions for a long time. It would be nice to have some more opportunities and turnover.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think management should consider placing some sort of maximum on time spent in a position, which I think would help get new ideas and systems in place. Additionally, I would love some sort of way to evaluate my managers and directors so that they could also get feedback from their employees.

Received great experience from my internship

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFun environment, opportunities to be mentored, and exciting projects to work on. I learned so much from interning here and had opportunities to meet with many different departments and get a better understanding of how each one works together to make the company great.

ConsCan't think of any at the moment.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more open to working with different personality types. Other than that, I'd say keep up the good work.

Senior financial Analyst

Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsGreat values, work life balance

ConsSr. management can be a pain

Is a favorite place to work

Team Assistant (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsBenefits, benefits, benefits... and perks

ConsThere are not many bad things to say about this company. I guess I did not have a bad experience... OK the benefits department seems to be a third party, so that was weird

Advice to Senior Managementwatch Undercover Boss

Culture supports talented professionals

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsMost of my colleagues were committed, smart, hard working and talented. Slackers, dead weight, incompetence doesn't often make it through the door. On site professional development courses, progressive approaches to retaining talent, raises and bonuses were readily available for proven

ConsNot many. Would like to have had the opportunity for a flexible work schedule, or work from home a couple of days per week. Lots of shake ups and shifts in sr mgmt while I was there.

Decent work environment, flexible work/life balance, little opportunity for growth due to stagnant staff/management.

Software Developer (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsVery flexible when it comes to work life balance, as long as you get your work done management doesn't check the time clock punches.

ConsOne major concern/issue that I have, at least I see it as an major issue, is it is nearly impossible to be fired for performance reasons alone. Fading skill sets with little to no motivation to learn and stay current = very stagnant and dull work environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementMid-level management has been in the same roles for my entire tenure and have grown complacent and content with how things are and are unwilling to take any risks or jump out on a limb for something they believe in, motivate them to change and with it the cultural change you desire will follow.

Worked for Turner Broadcasting? Contribute to the Community!