Turner Broadcasting

www.turner.com

Turner Broadcasting Reviews in Washington, DC

John Martin

Pros
  • Good work/life balance, fun people to work with, it's an industry you can relate to(in 37 reviews)

• They treat their employees well with good training programs and great benefits(in 61 reviews)

Cons
  • No work life balance -- they tout it all on paper, but don't actually practice it(in 13 reviews)

• Ascending into upper management is difficult(in 13 reviews)

3 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Turner is fine as you begin your career BUT I would recommend to leave after a couple of years of experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Washington, DC

ProsSome solid journalists, compensation package is okay, a place for entry level folks to get experience quickly and leave for other opportunities

ConsMid level management is terrible and doesn't communicate, no room for career growth, not a family oriented atmosphere, human resources not helpful,

Advice to Senior ManagementThe company should really look at mid management and the problems they create and no solutions. Mid management needs alot of training to be effective not only on job but also in communication and employee relations.

Stay Away From the DC Bureau

Employee (Current Employee) Washington, DC

ProsLots of opportunities to add a great name to your resume

ConsThe managers are idiots. Cronyism is rampant. After elections it's a sinking ship. Lots of layoffs this year.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe better at career pathing your employees. Stop promoting problems into management positions (those that can't do manage). Respect people for their work.

CNN a Turner Broadcasting company is a great place to work if it was worth it.

Camera Operator (Current Employee) Washington, DC

Pros-It's a very popular company, and looks GREAT on a resume.
    -Turner Broadcasting includes so many television brands, I particularly work for CNN and it's plethora of networks.

Cons-The compensation is the lowest in the television industry for a global media organization
    -The line level management prefers not to communicate well with it's teams.

Advice to Senior ManagementAs an industry we are the lowest compensated employees on the totem-pole yet we work hard to make our brand, our content and our product the strongest in the industry. Our company needs to restructure its pay scales and be considerate of the workers who make CNN such a popular and sustainable product. The cost of housing in Washington, DC where I work and live doubled by 201% in 2005; with over 10 years if outstanding industry experience my annual compensation shows nothing of it.

Worked for Turner Broadcasting? Contribute to the Community!