Turner Broadcasting

www.turner.com

Turner Broadcasting Reviews in Washington, DC

3.6

John Martin

Pros
  • Good work/life balance, fun people to work with, it's an industry you can relate to (in 46 reviews)

• They treat their employees well with good training programs and great benefits (in 65 reviews)

Cons
  • No work life balance -- they tout it all on paper, but don't actually practice it (in 16 reviews)

• Ascending into upper management is difficult (in 13 reviews)

More Highlights

3 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Turner is fine as you begin your career BUT I would recommend to leave after a couple of years of experience

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I worked at Turner Broadcasting

Pros

Some solid journalists, compensation package is okay, a place for entry level folks to get experience quickly and leave for other opportunities

Cons

Mid level management is terrible and doesn't communicate, no room for career growth, not a family oriented atmosphere, human resources not helpful,

The company should really look at mid management and the problems they create and no solutions. Mid management needs alot of training to be effective not only on job but also in communication and employee relations.

Stay Away From the DC Bureau

Current Employee - Employee  in  Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at Turner Broadcasting full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Lots of opportunities to add a great name to your resume

Cons

The managers are idiots. Cronyism is rampant. After elections it's a sinking ship. Lots of layoffs this year.

Be better at career pathing your employees. Stop promoting problems into management positions (those that can't do manage). Respect people for their work.

CNN a Turner Broadcasting company is a great place to work if it was worth it.

Current Employee - Camera Operator  in  Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Camera Operator in Washington, DC

I have been working at Turner Broadcasting

Pros

-It's a very popular company, and looks GREAT on a resume.
    -Turner Broadcasting includes so many television brands, I particularly work for CNN and it's plethora of networks.

Cons

-The compensation is the lowest in the television industry for a global media organization
    -The line level management prefers not to communicate well with it's teams.

As an industry we are the lowest compensated employees on the totem-pole yet we work hard to make our brand, our content and our product the strongest in the industry. Our company needs to restructure its pay scales and be considerate of the workers who make CNN such a popular and sustainable product. The cost of housing in Washington, DC where I work and live doubled by 201% in 2005; with over 10 years if outstanding industry experience my annual compensation shows nothing of it.

Turner Broadcasting Photos

Worked for Turner Broadcasting? Contribute to the Community!