Turning Stone

www.turningstone.com

Turning Stone Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014
Turning Stone – Verona – “T S Property”

Ray Halbritter

Good company, just wasn't for me anymore

Black Jack Dealer (Former Employee) Verona, NY

ProsThey have really great benefits-health insurance, 401k paid time off etc.-they are a large and prospering company even in this time of recession, are still growing, expanding and creating new jobs! In the 9 years that I worked there, they only had one set of lay-offs.

ConsOpen everyday even on holidays. Stopped giving annual raises about 4 or 5 years ago even though they are doing so well with this economy. Some of the upper management have no compassion for their employees and are not equipped to be understanding of their co-worker's personal needs. The business itself is a completely different breed of animal and is not for everyone, especially if you don't have a tough skin for casino life. Also, be prepared for things to change on a daily basis with no explanation why.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't forget where you came from. Most of you started out on the bottom rung and some of you forget to look down from time to time. Be more approachable and put into practice the things that you are preaching. Other than that, great job and thank you for the opportunities that I was given.

The experience at Turning Stone is horrible.

ProsOther than benefits, there are truly none that I personally can speak of.

ConsThe "business" is run more like a high school and different departments leaders will try to keep employees in that department with false write ups.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet some new management who are actual professionals in the area of business and not just people fresh out of college. Raise your standards and I'm sure you could benefit from it.

Great experience as a Dealer

Dealer (Former Employee) Verona, NY

ProsPay was good.
    Great people to work with and for.
    A variety of people.
    Able to switch days off with other people and since there are a lot of dealers and each shift it wasn't too hard to get what I needed.

ConsShifts are rigid in time start and out. Often you start of swing shift when you are new.
    The negativity of the guests starts to get to you after a while.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Sweat Shop

Poker Dealer (Former Employee) Verona, NY

ProsThe casino took everything from their employees.

ConsEverything and they stole tips from employees

Advice to Senior ManagementClose

Top employer in CNY but not the greatest

ProsEasy structured workplace
    Overtime available when wanted.
    Busy and fun workplace everyday is different

ConsLow Pay
    Hard to move up.
    Deaf ears in Management
    low pay

I enjoyed my job, but not the inconsistency.

Beverage Server (Former Employee) Verona, NY

ProsGood benefits and team members.

ConsNo consistency and allowed the casino guests to speak to and treat you any way that they wanted.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeeds to be consistent and not make up rules as they go along.

I actually can't wait to go to work everyday.

Casino (Current Employee) Verona, NY

ProsBenefits, job security, atmosphere, incentives, activities

ConsNot being able enjoy the experience due to job

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't ever change anything about this establishment it's perfect the way it is

The guest is everything, the employee means nothing.

Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) Verona, NY

ProsThe position I was in held a fair hourly wage for the area, however my managers reminded me on a fairly regular basis that "payroll" took too much out of the departments budget, and my hours were taken by lesser paid employees. However, I have found that there is great team effort between employees at the same level.

ConsLong hours, supervisors forget to give breaks or chose not to (I have waited up to 45 minutes to use the restroom), poor planning and scheduling by management. There is a huge storage issue for each department, supplies could be extremely far away which causes customer service to slow down. Management can be verbally rude and boarding abusive, degrading employees an treating everyone as children. It is near impossible to advance. Most managers and supervisors have a lower education level than most of the people they oversea. Many higher positions are also filled by people from outside the area and state. Interviews are unprofessional and untruthful about actual
    job conditions. Customers can be rude and disrespectful, and also destroy and steal items from the grounds.

Amazing

Lead Shop Attendant (Current Employee) Vernon, NY

ProsGreat pay great people great environment

ConsRiding the bus to the casino

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work

Fair place to work, but you feel like a robot.

REVENUE AUDITOR (Former Employee) Verona, NY

ProsIt is fairly easy to get hired there as they always need people, and have decent insurance.

ConsIt is a Very controled environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore windows

Worked for Turning Stone? Contribute to the Community!