Turtle & Hughes

Be The First To
Add Photos

Not yet rated.

Jayne Millard

Take this company with a grain of salt

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsSolid benefits package, casual/laid back work environment, not overly difficult tasks at hand, generally good job security, most upper level management knows their mid to lower level employees by name or face. Turtle & Hughes is looking financially very strong with recent acquisitions. The ESOP package is a wonderful incentive as employees do not contribute any out of pocket.

ConsConstrictive pay roll, most employees are grossly underpaid and very disgruntled. You can always hear the gossip about the employees talking about their meager wages (which I cannot blame), way too much nepotism as everyone is related or friends of someone of management. The average employee faces little to no job growth and opportunity as I've personally seen employees here with 20+ years under their belts that are in the same position collecting dust and being rewarded with insignificant raises. TONS of office drama and immaturity that runs rampant, especially at the Houston branch.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop promoting and outsourcing incompetent individuals. Upper management loves bringing in their hand puppets with huge salaries while life long employees fight for the remains. Actually perform employee reviews to weed out the slackers. I've seen far too many good employees hit the chopping block while floaters have prospered.

Horrible = Understatement

Clerk (Former Employee) West Point, PA

ProsNone, when I was on-site at Merck as a clerk, the average stay for a clerk was 6 months

ConsEverything...no potential for growth, no support from supervisors, get treated like dirt.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a clue about how to manage

Discriminated, disrespected, humiliated and wrongfully terminated.

Crib Attendant (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsGood benefits like medical care, dental care. Paid vacations like holidays, sick leaves. Paycheck comes in on time. Birthday bonus. Good feedback when some people would know your a Turtle & Huges employee. Generally a prominent company.

ConsNo equal opportunities to employees as stated in the employee handbook that it has. Discrimination in the work place. Managers lacking concerns on employee's well being in the work place. Unfair wages to employees. High practice of nepotism of managers.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook in to the site/account manager's unprofessional practice and maltreatment of employees, discrimination and favoritism of employees by salary/wage rate, unreasonable termination of employees, in their respected assigned accounts or sites.

I have experienced all of these during my entire employment with the company. Never in my entire life (as an employer and employee), have I treated an employee and/or an employer treated me this way. Filing a complaint is in mind for consideration...

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Foul mouthed scum hole- Lazy rude people

(Former Employee) Houston, TX

Pros... It's a paycheck although a sad one. I simply don't have much good to say. Clean restrooms....Occasionally a vendor will bring in a nice lunch,

ConsClassless bunch of lazy foul mouthed people. Very hostile environment, screaming curses all the time. Badly cliquish- No one wants to do their work just want to socialize all day. Sports, what they had to drink, smoke cigarettes, flirt, inter company dating, (it's a nightmare for anyone wishing to perform well) what their plans are for the weekend. Just Atrocious. Liars at that. Simply the most unprofessional environment I have ever been sad enough to be entered into. They undermine efforts to succeed - no team work what so ever. Just come in yelling and or accusing. And if they don't have a reason to let you go, they will make one up. Everyone is CONSTANTLY complaining and grumpy, NO ONE is happy there-

I would avoid this place like the PLAGUE.

Advice to Senior ManagementCLEAN HOUSE. Starting with HR.

Working here is stressful and frustrating.

ProsCo-workers are friendly and work well together as a team. Since it is a smaller company, you are able to get to know upper management a little.

ConsEverybody is related to one another in some form or another. These are the people management recognizes and promote instead of the people who really break their backs for this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees when they come to you with issues instead of shrugging them off. Show some recognition for those who work hard.

Turtle & Hughes; Crib Attendent Elkhart, IN

Crib Attendant (Current Employee) Elkhart, IN

ProsFantastic Benefits, work independently, great starting pay, ability to "move up" with the company. Great communication with boss. You learn a lot while working with mechanics.

ConsCrazy hours at the main plant; 9pm-9am and 9am to 9pm. Doctors appointments are not excused, unless you are in the emergency room. It's a smaller company, only 8 people work here, so we get on eachothers nerves more often. We work contracted inside of KIK, so we are located in an aerosol company (dangerous).

Advice to Senior ManagementPossibly review the points system. Work more closely with employees. Thank your employees once in a while, we work hard.

Good for Some

Manager (Former Employee) Linden, NJ

ProsOffers a relaxed and friendly atmosphere.

ConsLittle room for growth. Very much a dead-end job for most employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you offer employees a bit more you'll likely get more from them and perhaps retain the better employees.

Worked for Turtle & Hughes? Contribute to the Community!