Tutor Time Child Care Learning Center

Barbara J. Beck

Great curriculum, horrible management

Former Employee - Lead Teacher  in  Lindenhurst, NY
    Former Employee - Lead Teacher in Lindenhurst, NY

I worked at Tutor Time Child Care Learning Center full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great, state of the art, facility with all the resources needed to perform my job well. Curriculum was already structured for you which gave you many different ways of differentiating it for your classroom. Staff acted like family and had each other's backs. Close to home and was given days off when needed.

Cons

The pay was not commensurate with what was being asked of you. If it suited the director's needs, they would ask you to break Children and Family ratios. If you disagreed with administration on anything, they would find any way to write you up. Was made many empty promises, yet asked to do tasks that were not within my description.

Please remember that the people who work for you are there for the best interests of the children. Do not ask them to do things that both you, and they, know are not right. Pay your workers what they are worth and try not to insult their intelligence with staff meetings where you point out everything YOU think has been done wrong. A little encouragement goes a long way!!!

Preschool Teacher

Former Employee - Lead Teacher  in  Ann Arbor, MI
    Former Employee - Lead Teacher in Ann Arbor, MI

Pros

Very little supervision from the staff, which allowed for creativity in the classroom. Most of the employees were friendly toward other staff members. The children were fantastic and the parents were great

Cons

The upper management cared only about profit. We would routinely be out of ratio, especially before big visits while the management (and random teachers that the management allowed to hang out in the front lobby) would decorate and clean. We were constantly told that we needed to stay late regardless of plans. I was also mislead on the amount of money I would be making. I wasn't paid for 6 weeks and then found out my pay was a full $2 under what we agreed to.

They also try to cut corners. One time, the management insisted that we ride together in a company vehicle to an event. With transportation, it was an 8 hour day. The management tried to pay us for 5 hours, stating that the meeting ran late due to staff asking too many questions and that they wouldn't pay for the MANDATORY transportation. A staff member reported them to HR and we were all paid for the full shift.

Management also bragged that "labor costs" were down and "tuition costs" were up. AKA: fewer teachers, more kids, classroom out of ratio.

Lead Teacher

Former Employee - Lead Teacher

I worked at Tutor Time Child Care Learning Center full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great interaction with children.
    Easy Job

Cons

No raises or bonus
    New curriculum is unorganized and hectic
    poor management from directors
    No training
    No drug screening many teachers have been abusers of narcotics
    Neglect of children's needs
    Cheap basic needs to run a classroom not met

Train the staff
    Pay attention to actually running the schools

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Learning Experience

Former Employee - Assistant Teacher  in  Lake Zurich, IL
    Former Employee - Assistant Teacher in Lake Zurich, IL

I worked at Tutor Time Child Care Learning Center part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great Learning Experience, friendly co-workers.

Cons

Student to teacher ratio is sometimes overlooked

Great Learning Experience

Current Employee - Lead Teacher  in  Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Lead Teacher in Austin, TX

I have been working at Tutor Time Child Care Learning Center full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great Lesson plan set up for all ages. Curriculum is pretty much set up for you, but it gives a lot of room for you to be creative.

Cons

Had a period where they were short staffed, so had to work more hours than normal. Also had to blend children a lot.

Should have back up staff available for center to utilize.

Assistant director

Former Employee - Assistant Center Director  in  Woodland Hills, CA
    Former Employee - Assistant Center Director in Woodland Hills, CA

Pros

The kids were the best part of the job. Some of the staff were pleasant.

Cons

This company is all about the money. Sending staff home just to make a buck is like taking food out of their mouths.

Corporations do not belong running preschools. You can't tell a baby to sit in a dirty diaper because you have to leave for your lunch break before the 5 hour mark or the company will get fined.

I came in excited to work with children... coworkers ruined my experience.

Former Employee - Assistant Teacher  in  Anthem, AZ
    Former Employee - Assistant Teacher in Anthem, AZ

I worked at Tutor Time Child Care Learning Center part-time for less than a year

Pros

Working with children has always been a rewarding experience to me. As a future educator I was able to learn alot about child devopment from the daily interactions.

Cons

Coworkers constantly talked about how much they hated their job, poor attitudes towards not only their work but towards the children. I did not agree with many of the behavior correction methods. Many times I had to work overtime. I enjoyed working with the students, but the teachers did not have each other's backs. I had teachers interrupt my lessons, or while I was reading, causing students to loose focus.
     Pay was not at all worth the stress.

Respect your fellow coworkers, and simply act professionally.

Absolutely horrible experience at Tutor Time. I transferred from a Childtime and worked in the LCG for over 3 years.

Former Employee - Lead Teacher

Pros

Loved working with the families and the children. There was a nice structure and the corporate always had someone to go with an issue. You will defiantly learn what no to do if you ever own a daycare.

Cons

Worked more than 11 hour days most days, all my toddlers were in the infant room majority of the day and they expected me to do assessments, curriculum, and conferences for these children. Very gossipy directors and assistant directors. Reported many bad things about another teacher and nothing ever happened. On my 3 year anniversary they wished me Happy Birthday instead of thanking me for working so hard for these children and their family. It was my job to fight for the kids on what was right for them. I shouldn't of had to do that. I was not paid appropriately either. I recently changed jobs where I make a much more reasonable amount.

Put the children first! I understand money is important but for a director, it should not be your first priority! The safety and well being of the children should be number one. Most of these centers are NAEYC accredited but they don't represent their ethical codes!

Loved the children, management was horrible and only thought about money

I worked at Tutor Time Child Care Learning Center full-time

Pros

It is rewarding to work with the children and most of the parents.

Cons

The management expected 150% on the job everyday, while they paid you minimum wage and treated you like crap.

Get it together and actually care about the families and children

Rewarding Experience

Current Employee - Center Director  in  Ronkonkoma, NY
    Current Employee - Center Director in Ronkonkoma, NY

I have been working at Tutor Time Child Care Learning Center full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I love getting to see the growth in the children on a daily basis. The staff is so hard working and they show so much pride in what they do.

Cons

I wish there was an additional member of management that only in charge of teacher support. I think the staff needs more attention to curriculum, assessments and evaluations

If everyone does something, no one has to do everything!

Tutor Time Child Care Learning Center Photos

+ Add Photo

Worked for Tutor Time Child Care Learning Center? Contribute to the Community!