Tutor Time Child Care Learning Center

Tutor Time Child Care Learning Center CEO Barbara J. Beck
Barbara J. Beck

Demanding yet fair

I worked at Tutor Time Child Care Learning Center full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Child care discount
    Great Training Program

Cons

Low pay for teachers
    Very demanding district manager

Don't!

Former Employee - Assistant Teacher in West Palm Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Assistant Teacher in West Palm Beach, FL

I worked at Tutor Time Child Care Learning Center

Pros

Free food, birth control, trips, and leaving the place

Cons

Every single thing, the parents, the spoiled kids, the staff members and directors

Higher the raise!

No advancement, salary reviews were 9 months late. Not a good place to work in my opinion

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Itasca, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Itasca, IL

I have been working at Tutor Time Child Care Learning Center

Pros

Other staff are nice and easy to get along with

Cons

Admin don't care...they only care about money. They don't care if you have an emergency sickness, if you have an emergency situation, all they care about is getting their money. They either under staff or overstaff. They do not like giving overtime...if it looks like you will be going over in your hours, they will give you 2 or 3 hour lunches putting other staff in a bind

Horrible all about money and favoritism

Former Employee - Floater in Baldwin, NY
    Former Employee - Floater in Baldwin, NY

I worked at Tutor Time Child Care Learning Center full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Children are amazing some coworkers where cool and so much creativity loved working with the kids

Cons

Favoritism, cattiness, immaturity, rude,more interested in money, management doesn't care

Get a grip if you have someone good working for you don't fire them because your bff doesn't like them

No Work/Balance

Former Employee - Associate Director in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Associate Director in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Tutor Time Child Care Learning Center full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great getting to know the kids and parents.

Cons

As a manager on salary I was worked to death. 10-11 hour days with no lunch break. The company is only concerned about money not the children. They would rather move kids around 3-4 times a day to different classrooms than hire another teacher. Hire turn over in teachers and management.

Invest in your employees more.

Preschool Teacher

Former Employee - Lead Teacher in Ann Arbor, MI
    Former Employee - Lead Teacher in Ann Arbor, MI

I worked at Tutor Time Child Care Learning Center full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Very little supervision from the staff, which allowed for creativity in the classroom. Most of the employees were friendly toward other staff members. The children were fantastic and the parents were great

Cons

The upper management cared only about profit. We would routinely be out of ratio, especially before big visits while the management (and random teachers that the management allowed to hang out in the front lobby) would decorate and clean. We were constantly told that we needed to stay late regardless of plans. I was also mislead on the amount of money I would be making. I wasn't paid for 6 weeks and then found out my pay was a full $2 under what we agreed to.

They also try to cut corners. One time, the management insisted that we ride together in a company vehicle to an event. With transportation, it was an 8 hour day. The management tried to pay us for 5 hours, stating that the meeting ran late due to staff asking too many questions and that they wouldn't pay for the MANDATORY transportation. A staff member reported them to HR and we were all paid for the full shift.

Management also bragged that "labor costs" were down and "tuition costs" were up. AKA: fewer teachers, more kids, classroom out of ratio.

Great curriculum, horrible management

Former Employee - Lead Teacher in Lindenhurst, NY
    Former Employee - Lead Teacher in Lindenhurst, NY

I worked at Tutor Time Child Care Learning Center full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great, state of the art, facility with all the resources needed to perform my job well. Curriculum was already structured for you which gave you many different ways of differentiating it for your classroom. Staff acted like family and had each other's backs. Close to home and was given days off when needed.

Cons

The pay was not commensurate with what was being asked of you. If it suited the director's needs, they would ask you to break Children and Family ratios. If you disagreed with administration on anything, they would find any way to write you up. Was made many empty promises, yet asked to do tasks that were not within my description.

Please remember that the people who work for you are there for the best interests of the children. Do not ask them to do things that both you, and they, know are not right. Pay your workers what they are worth and try not to insult their intelligence with staff meetings where you point out everything YOU think has been done wrong. A little encouragement goes a long way!!!

Assistant director

Former Employee - Assistant Center Director in Woodland Hills, CA
    Former Employee - Assistant Center Director in Woodland Hills, CA

I worked at Tutor Time Child Care Learning Center full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The kids were the best part of the job. Some of the staff were pleasant.

Cons

This company is all about the money. Sending staff home just to make a buck is like taking food out of their mouths.

Corporations do not belong running preschools. You can't tell a baby to sit in a dirty diaper because you have to leave for your lunch break before the 5 hour mark or the company will get fined.

Lead Teacher

Former Employee - Lead Teacher
    Former Employee - Lead Teacher

I worked at Tutor Time Child Care Learning Center full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great interaction with children.
    Easy Job

Cons

No raises or bonus
    New curriculum is unorganized and hectic
    poor management from directors
    No training
    No drug screening many teachers have been abusers of narcotics
    Neglect of children's needs
    Cheap basic needs to run a classroom not met

Train the staff
    Pay attention to actually running the schools

Great Learning Experience

Current Employee - Lead Teacher in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Lead Teacher in Austin, TX

I have been working at Tutor Time Child Care Learning Center full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great Lesson plan set up for all ages. Curriculum is pretty much set up for you, but it gives a lot of room for you to be creative.

Cons

Had a period where they were short staffed, so had to work more hours than normal. Also had to blend children a lot.

Should have back up staff available for center to utilize.

Tutor Time Child Care Learning Center Photos