Tutor Time Child Care Learning Center

Barbara J. Beck

Great curriculum, horrible management

Former Employee - Lead Teacher  in  Lindenhurst, NY
    Former Employee - Lead Teacher in Lindenhurst, NY

I worked at Tutor Time Child Care Learning Center full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great, state of the art, facility with all the resources needed to perform my job well. Curriculum was already structured for you which gave you many different ways of differentiating it for your classroom. Staff acted like family and had each other's backs. Close to home and was given days off when needed.

Cons

The pay was not commensurate with what was being asked of you. If it suited the director's needs, they would ask you to break Children and Family ratios. If you disagreed with administration on anything, they would find any way to write you up. Was made many empty promises, yet asked to do tasks that were not within my description.

Please remember that the people who work for you are there for the best interests of the children. Do not ask them to do things that both you, and they, know are not right. Pay your workers what they are worth and try not to insult their intelligence with staff meetings where you point out everything YOU think has been done wrong. A little encouragement goes a long way!!!

Assistant director

Former Employee - Assistant Center Director  in  Woodland Hills, CA
    Former Employee - Assistant Center Director in Woodland Hills, CA

Pros

The kids were the best part of the job. Some of the staff were pleasant.

Cons

This company is all about the money. Sending staff home just to make a buck is like taking food out of their mouths.

Corporations do not belong running preschools. You can't tell a baby to sit in a dirty diaper because you have to leave for your lunch break before the 5 hour mark or the company will get fined.

Lead Teacher

Former Employee - Lead Teacher

I worked at Tutor Time Child Care Learning Center full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great interaction with children.
    Easy Job

Cons

No raises or bonus
    New curriculum is unorganized and hectic
    poor management from directors
    No training
    No drug screening many teachers have been abusers of narcotics
    Neglect of children's needs
    Cheap basic needs to run a classroom not met

Train the staff
    Pay attention to actually running the schools

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Learning Experience

Current Employee - Lead Teacher  in  Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Lead Teacher in Austin, TX

I have been working at Tutor Time Child Care Learning Center full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great Lesson plan set up for all ages. Curriculum is pretty much set up for you, but it gives a lot of room for you to be creative.

Cons

Had a period where they were short staffed, so had to work more hours than normal. Also had to blend children a lot.

Should have back up staff available for center to utilize.

Great Learning Experience

Former Employee - Assistant Teacher  in  Lake Zurich, IL
    Former Employee - Assistant Teacher in Lake Zurich, IL

I worked at Tutor Time Child Care Learning Center part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great Learning Experience, friendly co-workers.

Cons

Student to teacher ratio is sometimes overlooked

Absolutely horrible experience at Tutor Time. I transferred from a Childtime and worked in the LCG for over 3 years.

Former Employee - Lead Teacher

Pros

Loved working with the families and the children. There was a nice structure and the corporate always had someone to go with an issue. You will defiantly learn what no to do if you ever own a daycare.

Cons

Worked more than 11 hour days most days, all my toddlers were in the infant room majority of the day and they expected me to do assessments, curriculum, and conferences for these children. Very gossipy directors and assistant directors. Reported many bad things about another teacher and nothing ever happened. On my 3 year anniversary they wished me Happy Birthday instead of thanking me for working so hard for these children and their family. It was my job to fight for the kids on what was right for them. I shouldn't of had to do that. I was not paid appropriately either. I recently changed jobs where I make a much more reasonable amount.

Put the children first! I understand money is important but for a director, it should not be your first priority! The safety and well being of the children should be number one. Most of these centers are NAEYC accredited but they don't represent their ethical codes!

I came in excited to work with children... coworkers ruined my experience.

Former Employee - Assistant Teacher  in  Anthem, AZ
    Former Employee - Assistant Teacher in Anthem, AZ

I worked at Tutor Time Child Care Learning Center part-time for less than a year

Pros

Working with children has always been a rewarding experience to me. As a future educator I was able to learn alot about child devopment from the daily interactions.

Cons

Coworkers constantly talked about how much they hated their job, poor attitudes towards not only their work but towards the children. I did not agree with many of the behavior correction methods. Many times I had to work overtime. I enjoyed working with the students, but the teachers did not have each other's backs. I had teachers interrupt my lessons, or while I was reading, causing students to loose focus.
     Pay was not at all worth the stress.

Respect your fellow coworkers, and simply act professionally.

Children wonderful, management terrible

Former Employee - Assistant Teacher  in  College Point, NY
    Former Employee - Assistant Teacher in College Point, NY

I worked at Tutor Time Child Care Learning Center full-time for less than a year

Pros

The children were wonderful. The hours were good.

Cons

Management was terrible. Tremendous turnover of teachers/assistant teachers.

Accordidng to the website there is supposed to be a training period...which there was not. I was thrown into a classroom without direction and without any idea about the philosophy of the school.

Loved the children, management was horrible and only thought about money

I worked at Tutor Time Child Care Learning Center full-time

Pros

It is rewarding to work with the children and most of the parents.

Cons

The management expected 150% on the job everyday, while they paid you minimum wage and treated you like crap.

Get it together and actually care about the families and children

Fun job to gain some teaching experience.

Current Employee - Lead Teacher  in  Massapequa, NY
    Current Employee - Lead Teacher in Massapequa, NY

Pros

Great curriculum, and fun job day to day.

Cons

Low pay, very stressful, high expectations, poor hours, poor benefits, high staff turnover.

This company needs to put more stock in their employees, reward long term workers.

Worked for Tutor Time Child Care Learning Center? Contribute to the Community!