Tutor Time Child Care Learning Center

Tutor Time Child Care Learning Center CEO Barbara J. Beck

Barbara J. Beck

Lead Teacher

Lead Teacher (Former Employee)

ProsGreat interaction with children.
    Easy Job

ConsNo raises or bonus
    New curriculum is unorganized and hectic
    poor management from directors
    No training
    No drug screening many teachers have been abusers of narcotics
    Neglect of children's needs
    Cheap basic needs to run a classroom not met

Advice to Senior ManagementTrain the staff
    Pay attention to actually running the schools

Great Learning Experience

Lead Teacher (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsGreat Lesson plan set up for all ages. Curriculum is pretty much set up for you, but it gives a lot of room for you to be creative.

ConsHad a period where they were short staffed, so had to work more hours than normal. Also had to blend children a lot.

Advice to Senior ManagementShould have back up staff available for center to utilize.

Great Learning Experience

Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) Lake Zurich, IL

ProsGreat Learning Experience, friendly co-workers.

ConsStudent to teacher ratio is sometimes overlooked

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Absolutely horrible experience at Tutor Time. I transferred from a Childtime and worked in the LCG for over 3 years.

Lead Teacher (Former Employee)

ProsLoved working with the families and the children. There was a nice structure and the corporate always had someone to go with an issue. You will defiantly learn what no to do if you ever own a daycare.

ConsWorked more than 11 hour days most days, all my toddlers were in the infant room majority of the day and they expected me to do assessments, curriculum, and conferences for these children. Very gossipy directors and assistant directors. Reported many bad things about another teacher and nothing ever happened. On my 3 year anniversary they wished me Happy Birthday instead of thanking me for working so hard for these children and their family. It was my job to fight for the kids on what was right for them. I shouldn't of had to do that. I was not paid appropriately either. I recently changed jobs where I make a much more reasonable amount.

Advice to Senior ManagementPut the children first! I understand money is important but for a director, it should not be your first priority! The safety and well being of the children should be number one. Most of these centers are NAEYC accredited but they don't represent their ethical codes!

I came in excited to work with children... coworkers ruined my experience.

Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) Anthem, AZ

ProsWorking with children has always been a rewarding experience to me. As a future educator I was able to learn alot about child devopment from the daily interactions.

ConsCoworkers constantly talked about how much they hated their job, poor attitudes towards not only their work but towards the children. I did not agree with many of the behavior correction methods. Many times I had to work overtime. I enjoyed working with the students, but the teachers did not have each other's backs. I had teachers interrupt my lessons, or while I was reading, causing students to loose focus.
     Pay was not at all worth the stress.

Advice to Senior ManagementRespect your fellow coworkers, and simply act professionally.

Children wonderful, management terrible

Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) College Point, NY

ProsThe children were wonderful. The hours were good.

ConsManagement was terrible. Tremendous turnover of teachers/assistant teachers.

Advice to Senior ManagementAccordidng to the website there is supposed to be a training period...which there was not. I was thrown into a classroom without direction and without any idea about the philosophy of the school.

Loved the children, management was horrible and only thought about money

Lead Teacher (Former Employee)

ProsIt is rewarding to work with the children and most of the parents.

ConsThe management expected 150% on the job everyday, while they paid you minimum wage and treated you like crap.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet it together and actually care about the families and children

Fun job to gain some teaching experience.

Lead Teacher (Current Employee) Massapequa, NY

ProsGreat curriculum, and fun job day to day.

ConsLow pay, very stressful, high expectations, poor hours, poor benefits, high staff turnover.

Advice to Senior ManagementThis company needs to put more stock in their employees, reward long term workers.

Ok Job

Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) Anthem, AZ

Prosget to work with kids ranging in ages from infants to 4 year olds, make friends amongst the other staff members.

ConsThey dont like you to be there off the clock, no cell phones even on break, manager is a little snooty/unfrendly

Rewarding Experience

Center Director (Current Employee) Ronkonkoma, NY

ProsI love getting to see the growth in the children on a daily basis. The staff is so hard working and they show so much pride in what they do.

ConsI wish there was an additional member of management that only in charge of teacher support. I think the staff needs more attention to curriculum, assessments and evaluations

Advice to Senior ManagementIf everyone does something, no one has to do everything!

Worked for Tutor Time Child Care Learning Center? Contribute to the Community!