TutorWorks
www.tutorworks.org Redwood City, CA

TutorWorks Reviews

Be The First To
Add Photos

It's fulfilling, like any other tutoring job would be.

Hayward, CA

I have been working at TutorWorks

ProsNot a boring day to day type of job, every day is different. Good communication between coworkers and supervisors. Organized meetings and events.

ConsSometimes school sites can be very understaffed due to academic coaches that cannot be counted on. Recruiting probably needs some improvement.

Advice to Senior ManagementSome supervisors are amazing, while others lack organization. Making sure that your supervisors are properly trained can probably greatly benefit the company.

This company does not care about these children...AT ALL.

Program Manager (Current Employee)
Stockton, CA

I have been working at TutorWorks part-time for less than a year

Pros- The children get to keep the Nooks/Laptops at the end of the program.
- Decent pay

Cons- No communication between staff and management
- Uses inconvenient Paychex system
- Useless curriculum
- Switched to nooks from laptops to cut costs, but the nooks are constantly freezing in the middle of lessons
- Supervisors expect you to jump when they say jump
- Micromanagement
- Supervisors make you feel inferior if you don't do things there way
- One tutor assigned to 6 children of different grade levels, making it difficult to assist them in the way they need
- Hiring process doesn't make sense (One of my co-workers couldn't do basic math)
- EXTREMELY understaffed
- No training AT ALL...we were basically just thrown to the wolves
- Children are constantly bored
- Curriculum too difficult for upper levels, but too easy for lower levels.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt's really unfortunate that the first priority is making money, and the second is hopefully impacting these children. Its been nothing but disorganization and chaos ever since i've started. Learn how to communicate with staff! There is no reason why staff should be confused on who to report to, because management failed to communicate that our supervisor was fired. Things started off great...but eventually fell off.

THIS COMPANY IS MERELY CAPITALIZING OFF OF THESE CHILDREN'S WEAKNESSES. We are understaffed, some of my coworkers are highly under qualified, they are having these kids sign off on days they have not completed yet, but somehow I'm suppose to be convinced that this company cares about these students? I'm not even an education major, but I took this job because i've been tutoring for about four years now, and there is no greater joy than seeing these kids gain confidence in school. So if i'm out here holding out my end of the bargain, why cant I get the support I need from upper management?

In the end it became less about the students, and more about hurrying to complete paperwork and hours so that the company can get paid...and push these students right out the door. So my biggest piece of advice to management? ...Stop faking like you care, because these parents/students believe you want to help. If these parents are going out of there way to provide assistance to their child, then they deserve the best. TutorWorks IS NOT the best.

Needs Organization

Program Manager (Former Employee)
Redwood City, CA

I worked at TutorWorks part-time for more than a year

ProsHelping k-12 graders succeed on Standardized Tests enhance their study skills
Great demand for tutoring services offered

ConsLow pay
Low Morale
Very unorganized
Management treats you like crap! *honestly
Nepotism among PT/FT workers

Advice to Senior ManagementToo much work for too little money! Up the pay and promote company events where all employees can be involved and feel appreciated!

previous employee for Tutorworks

Program Manager (Former Employee)
San Francisco, CA

I worked at TutorWorks

Prosgood team work, students are funny sometimes.

Conshigh staff turnover rate
company financial, HR staff were really mess up

Advice to Senior Managementhired someone who know how to do math well. make their promise come true instead of giving void promise.

Great job if you want teaching experience...

Academic Coach (Current Employee)

I have been working at TutorWorks

Pros- Rewarding
- Teaching experience
- Flexible schedule

Cons- Students are usually the ones who are below/far below basic so they are typically unmotivated and needs lots of attention
- Understaffed
- Pay
- Focused on recruiting more schools and neglect to recruit more staff.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure there is enough staff for a smooth program so students can actually improve... rather than focusing on attaining more schools.

Worked for TutorWorks? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at TutorWorks reviews and ratings. All 5 reviews posted anonymously by TutorWorks employees.