Twentieth Century Fox

Be The First To
Add Photos

Twentieth Century Fox President Jim Gianopoulos

Jim Gianopoulos

Pros
  • Perks such as free movie screenings for new and classic films, discounts at the Studio Store, subsidized lunches at 4 restaurants on the lot(in 5 reviews)

• Work Life balance is ok, I think it depends on your position(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • As someone had stated, a lot of people who work at Fox are lifers, so there is not a lot of room for growth(in 5 reviews)

• Employees were constantly squeezed for more work so there is a poor work-life balance (I'm pretty sure they've never heard the term before)(in 3 reviews)

VERY lean hiring, very poor management, and difficult work environment!!!

Coordinator (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsGym on the lot (although gym membership is a bit pricey and it's a small space), free screenings, cool on the lot events that you're invited to. After all the hard work that you put forth, you feel proud of the outcome when you see the final products for the job that you've done.

ConsThe pay is low, considering how many hour you put forth; no work-life balance - impossible to get time off from work and actually enjoy your time off! You're constantly working about your inbox blowing up and you have to play email "catch-up" ALL THE TIME. (you're always expected to be available to do something for someone).

Advice to Senior ManagementBecause of the very lean hiring policy that Fox has, there's only one individual who generally overlooks an entire team in a specific department. If you don't snooze with your management and "play the game" with them, good luck! They don't appreciate how hard you're working for them and the long hours that you put into your work. And because the teams are small in each of the department, better make sure you get along with everyone, or they ostracize you! Feels like middle school bullying otherwise!!! And HR is WELL-AWARE of the complaints people put in, but not sure if they take any action with all the accrued exit-interview reviews! I never had a job in my life before where I wanted to walk out of there!

You have no work-life balance working here. Everyone is on salary but due to tight production deadlines, everyone is forced to working through their weekends. If you LOVE working that much, this is the job for you. But if you're not 100% in it, DON'T put yourself through this misery. NOT WORTH IT.

Great company to work for with great brands.

Manager (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsFox is a very lean organization, thus giving it an entrepreneurial spirit. At every level (even as an assistant or coordinator) you are given tasks and you grow really fast and handle a lot of projects. It is great experience and you get to know many others in the organization and collaborate on great projects. Also the benefits are great!

ConsBecause it is such a big company, there is a lot of red tape and processes. The pay is also very low compared to other entertainment studios in Los Angeles.

Analyst

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsBenefits, company perks, hours, decent compensation, stability

Consno room for growth, management, office culture

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great people, fun environment, but little room for growth and very lean staff.

ProsIt's not a buttoned-up culture. Lots of history on the lot. Get to work on interesting films.

ConsSalary is the lowest out of the studios. Promotions are far and few in between. Very lean staff.

This was an amazing work experience! The employees were supportive and the CEO provided an open environment for all!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsExciting times to be working with a multimedia company and especially at a time of growth with global partnerships.

ConsTimes are shifting after the separation with its previous ownership and the direction can be uncertain.

Incredible Summer Internship

Digital Security Services Intern (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsIf you have the opportunity to apply for an internship at 20th Century Fox, do so. I cannot stress this enough. The program is extremely well organized and was one of the greatest opportunities that I was able to experience. Take advantage of the special programs just for interns, such as breakfasts, lunchbag discussions, BBQs and a baseball game. Network with as many people as you are able to. Everyone that I met there was excited to share their career experiences and give as much advice as they could. I don't know of anyone who left their internship there on a negative light. The team I worked with did as much as they could to make me feel involved and make me feel valued during my time there.

ConsIt sounds cliche but I really can't think of any cons while working at 20th Century Fox.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you have an intern in your department, please take advantage of what we already know and what we are willing to learn. Share your experiences with us: what worked for you, what didn't work for you, words of wisdom.

Exposure to entertainment work culture, diversity.

Executive Assistant (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsPay, benefits and many perks.

Consgrowth opprtunity is limited to who you know rather than what you know

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote from within before bringing on board new graduates with no experience

Not much experience needed

Intern (Current Employee) Century City, CA

Pros-Good workload
    -Friendly environment
    -Good intern program
    -Looks great on a resume

Cons-Part time
    -Did not utilize my design experience
    -Felt like an internship rather than a job
    -Los Angeles traffic really interferes with the commute

Advice to Senior ManagementLet the interns do a little more. We work hard and want to show you that we can go quite far if we are given the chance to shine.

Business Development

ProsExciting Field - its movies, which is always cool

ConsLots of office politics and infighting - overall direction is lacking and employees feel over worked/under appreciated

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit fighting with each other and start to lead

Great company. Great benefits

Director (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

Prosfun. was an easy place to work - no fear of layoffs.

Consno flex time was avail

Worked for Twentieth Century Fox? Contribute to the Community!