Twentieth Century Fox Television Reviews

Updated September 3, 2014
Updated September 3, 2014
3.1

Gary Newman

Working experience is highly dependent on individual department and the person to whom you report.

Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Twentieth Century Fox Television full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Solid company, major player in the industry; company resists layoffs at times when other companies might not.

Cons

Low starting salary; day-to-day working experience is highly political.

Lots of confusion in the wake of corporate changes with managers who aren't savvy

I have been working at Twentieth Century Fox Television full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Large company with stable pay.

Cons

Extremely corporate with a risk-averse legal team.

This was my dream job, great boss and co-workers were like family.

Former Employee - Legal Assistant in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Legal Assistant in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Twentieth Century Fox Television full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

An excellent work environment, fun parties, and free movies screenings, to name a few. Working as a temporary floating Legal Assistant gave me the opportunity to work in various aspects of film and television until I became a permanent employee.

Cons

It is an extremely fast paced work environment and can get very hectic when projects are greenlighted. There are constant changes during the contract negotiation period and you are expected to keep up with the pace. Some attorneys can be difficult to work with, however, the majority of them are good to work with.

Be more willing to give endorsements to former excellent employees on LinkedIn.

very cheep

Former Employee - Associate Producer in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Associate Producer in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Twentieth Century Fox Television full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

can stay with the company for a while

Cons

no overtime like twentieth. cheap rates to begin with. longest hours ever. short tape schedule turn around. the employees are burnt out in the daytime talkshow world. works through lunch many times. not right.

lengthen the tape schedules so employees can rest, recharge and have a life. happy employees will produce better tv and have better ideas for shows because they are able to experience the world and see exactly what is happening in the world therefore put it on tv and have more watchers. simple. pay the employees what they deserve. allow real lunch breaks. don't change things at the last minute so much. listen to the younger generations ideas. the old ideas have been there done that. change it up. give benefits on startups. we don't have benefits, but they work us to the bone, then we get sick, but we don't have insurance to go to the doctor. it gets passed around the office. everyone is now sick. the cycle has to stop

Great atmosphere at the Tampa Station

Former Employee - National Sales Coordinator in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - National Sales Coordinator in Tampa, FL

I worked at Twentieth Century Fox Television full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Everyone worked together to accomplish goals. Management was directly involved with aiding Account Executives meet budget goals. I would work for them again.

Cons

There were many hiring freezes and was just tough to punch through to reach the higher paying jobs. I really wanted to continue with the company but a position just did not open up for me.

Unstable and too much turnover

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Twentieth Century Fox Television full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Core of competent professionals who know Chicago in the lower ranks. Pay is decent and competitive for similar jobs in town.

Cons

Management revolving door. New team comes in swaps out everything. Very hard on the staff. No end in sight. Station is last in market and has been for several years. Lots of second-guessing and layoffs, in response to economic pressures in industry.

Changing people without promoting the product is a waste of time. Could that many people be stupid?

The work/life balance is great. The job is demanding but the environment is friendly.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Twentieth Century Fox Television full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

It's a very laid back environment, yet busy.

Cons

The pension plan is no longer in place.

Twentieth has its moments..

Former Employee - Traffic Coordinator in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Traffic Coordinator in New York, NY

I worked at Twentieth Century Fox Television full-time (more than an year)

Pros

It was very easy to become a close team and people helped out where needed

Cons

Long hours, poor compensation, little to no recognition

A positive and driven environment

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

Everyone here is very hardworking and there are certainly some perks (free swag for some of our shows, opportunity to attend events/parties/screenings). The atmosphere is very friendly and most people are down-to-earth and it has a small company feel to it. The benefit coverage is really good.

Cons

The structure and tendency to keep departments small makes it rather difficult to move up, and though it for the most part has the feel of a small company, those at the top seldom know who you are if you are closer to the bottom ranks. The pay is also rather low for lower-level jobs.

Make an effort to get to know the employees at the bottom, and give them an opportunity to learn about and gain insight to what goes into running the studio and into the larger industry as a whole.

In what was pitched to me as a fun assignment in reality turned out to be the continuation of an insecure workplace.

Current Employee - Production Accountant in Glendale, CA
    Current Employee - Production Accountant in Glendale, CA

I have been working at Twentieth Century Fox Television as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

The opportunity to work in the television industry on a show with a great crew.

Cons

Cumbersome paperwork and overbearing management who make decisions based on a studio system that slows down the production cycle creating rediculously long work hours and unnecessary paper shuffling.

Stop having three people call one person about the same subject and instill some confidence in the way people work in such a high-stress environment.