Twentieth Century Fox Television

Updated Jun 28, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Gary Newman

Working experience is highly dependent on individual department and the person to whom you report.

Executive Assistant (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsSolid company, major player in the industry; company resists layoffs at times when other companies might not.

ConsLow starting salary; day-to-day working experience is highly political.

This was my dream job, great boss and co-workers were like family.

Legal Assistant (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsAn excellent work environment, fun parties, and free movies screenings, to name a few. Working as a temporary floating Legal Assistant gave me the opportunity to work in various aspects of film and television until I became a permanent employee.

ConsIt is an extremely fast paced work environment and can get very hectic when projects are greenlighted. There are constant changes during the contract negotiation period and you are expected to keep up with the pace. Some attorneys can be difficult to work with, however, the majority of them are good to work with.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more willing to give endorsements to former excellent employees on LinkedIn.

very cheep

Associate Producer (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

Proscan stay with the company for a while

Consno overtime like twentieth. cheap rates to begin with. longest hours ever. short tape schedule turn around. the employees are burnt out in the daytime talkshow world. works through lunch many times. not right.

Advice to Senior Managementlengthen the tape schedules so employees can rest, recharge and have a life. happy employees will produce better tv and have better ideas for shows because they are able to experience the world and see exactly what is happening in the world therefore put it on tv and have more watchers. simple. pay the employees what they deserve. allow real lunch breaks. don't change things at the last minute so much. listen to the younger generations ideas. the old ideas have been there done that. change it up. give benefits on startups. we don't have benefits, but they work us to the bone, then we get sick, but we don't have insurance to go to the doctor. it gets passed around the office. everyone is now sick. the cycle has to stop

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great atmosphere at the Tampa Station

National Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsEveryone worked together to accomplish goals. Management was directly involved with aiding Account Executives meet budget goals. I would work for them again.

ConsThere were many hiring freezes and was just tough to punch through to reach the higher paying jobs. I really wanted to continue with the company but a position just did not open up for me.

Unstable and too much turnover

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsCore of competent professionals who know Chicago in the lower ranks. Pay is decent and competitive for similar jobs in town.

ConsManagement revolving door. New team comes in swaps out everything. Very hard on the staff. No end in sight. Station is last in market and has been for several years. Lots of second-guessing and layoffs, in response to economic pressures in industry.

Advice to Senior ManagementChanging people without promoting the product is a waste of time. Could that many people be stupid?

The work/life balance is great. The job is demanding but the environment is friendly.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsIt's a very laid back environment, yet busy.

ConsThe pension plan is no longer in place.

Twentieth has its moments..

Traffic Coordinator (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsIt was very easy to become a close team and people helped out where needed

ConsLong hours, poor compensation, little to no recognition

A positive and driven environment

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsEveryone here is very hardworking and there are certainly some perks (free swag for some of our shows, opportunity to attend events/parties/screenings). The atmosphere is very friendly and most people are down-to-earth and it has a small company feel to it. The benefit coverage is really good.

ConsThe structure and tendency to keep departments small makes it rather difficult to move up, and though it for the most part has the feel of a small company, those at the top seldom know who you are if you are closer to the bottom ranks. The pay is also rather low for lower-level jobs.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake an effort to get to know the employees at the bottom, and give them an opportunity to learn about and gain insight to what goes into running the studio and into the larger industry as a whole.

In what was pitched to me as a fun assignment in reality turned out to be the continuation of an insecure workplace.

Production Accountant (Current Employee) Glendale, CA

ProsThe opportunity to work in the television industry on a show with a great crew.

ConsCumbersome paperwork and overbearing management who make decisions based on a studio system that slows down the production cycle creating rediculously long work hours and unnecessary paper shuffling.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop having three people call one person about the same subject and instill some confidence in the way people work in such a high-stress environment.

A life learning experience

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsSocializing, Friendly Co-workers, Access to movie premieres, Interaction with network celebrities, Tight security.

ConsLearning curve, Industry black balling, Upper management has there own agenda

Worked for Twentieth Century Fox Television? Contribute to the Community!