Twin Liquors Reviews

1. Sales Associate

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Austin, TX

I worked at Twin Liquors

Pros

Offer classes to help further knowledge of employees. Promote from within.

Cons

Not enough pay. Nearly impossible to get a weekend off. Almost always short staffed.

2. Fantastic company to work for

I have been working at Twin Liquors

Pros

Awesome employees throughout the company. Very knowledgeable and truly care about customers. Great prices.

Cons

People go to Spec's and think their getting a deal with their "cash discount" or club card. Same as Randall's with their card program. You pay more but think your getting a deal when prices come to normal levels with the gimmicks.

Advice to Management

Keep taking the high road with the competitors. You have a great, moral company.

3. A family work environment, further education provided and vibrant community involvement.

Current Employee - Store Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Twin Liquors full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Opportunity to learn, teach and make additional money through sales.

Cons

The trade off from hourly to salary pay is negative.

Advice to Management

Weed out those people that do the bare minimum and put the hard workers in their positions.

Company only hires talented people, but then bets against them

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Austin, TX

I worked at Twin Liquors full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Twins usually hires smart people, so it's usually a decent work environment. I've worked at several stores in several different markets, and while it can very greatly from location to location, working for Twins is a relatively low-stress job. You also get to learn a lot about booze, which is good if that's your thing.

Cons

Twins, like many companies in Austin, knows that it can pay well below what a person is worth and they'll likely take it just to be able to stay in Austin. It is difficult to understand why a company that requires people to be well educated, well-spoken, and current on massive amounts of information still only pays most of its workers around $2,000 to $2500 a month, which is just at or below the cost of living in Austin for a single person.

Advice to Management

Pay people better. The management and ownership at Twins is keenly aware of of who is an 'asset' to the company, show that appreciation in a way that counts.

Looking for a place to hide?

I have been working at Twin Liquors

Pros

Easy Job, for the most part. Rocket Scientists are not required, nor desired. The hours aren't bad for a salaried position, and you get Sundays off. The store discount isn't bad either.

Cons

Upper management is completely uninterested in you, you are adrift without support or guidance. Their are no raises, as per the Pres & CEO. Bonuses are poor, and discriminatory in structure. Benefits are not priced in line with salary. Moral is low to nonexistent.

Advice to Management

Take care of your employees, bring back the perks and parties. Don't hoard good fortune, or it will be soon to flee.

Not appreciated and not cared about

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Twin Liquors

Pros

To try and sell pms

Cons

I don't get raises except .25 cents a year and they start u off at 9 an hr. Terribly unaffordable benefits....I have a degree in business management and the manager at my store is the most unprofessional person I've ever worked for.... During my interview I was told that if I put in a good year with my degree I would be move to a managerial role.... I am at 1.5 yrs and that's seems so far from the truth ..... They tell u want u want to hear and just really want to end any conversation as quickly as possible and have little to no respect for their employees I hated working for twin liquors

Advice to Management

Pay ur people that are of worth... I know u can just re hire another person off the street but you need to invest in your people and make them feel valued with yearly reviews or something.....also how can u pay your drivers, who work way harder than retail associates, way less..... That just creates animosity in the workplace

RSS Feed </> Embed