Twisted Pair Solutions

Updated July 23, 2014
Updated July 23, 2014
3.9

Tom Guthrie

Great company with an amazing team and fantastic products!!!

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Twisted Pair Solutions

Pros

Great products, great people, great benefits.

Cons

Absolutely none. This is a great company.

Twisted Pair is a great technology company located in downtown Seattle

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I worked at Twisted Pair Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Twisted Pair is a great company with fantastic technology. They have many interesting customers such as the US DOD and other government agencies as well as many commercial accounts.

Cons

The company us now owned by Motorola so it will be interesting to see if they are able to maintain the same culture.

Excellent work-life balance, small shop feel, free food

I have been working at Twisted Pair Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very motivated, inspiring coworkers. Devs have good control over what they work on, provided it brings value to the business. Stepping out of your comfort zone is encouraged. Management is older, have families, so work-life balance is much better than some other software shops. Gorgeous views of the sound.

Cons

Ever since the MSI acquisition there has been a lot of red tape to navigate. Small shop feel is in jeopardy with corporate control. Ten years of legacy code that hasn't been adequately maintained. Business pushed half-cocked agile methodology on dev, resulting in unhappy old-timers and inconsistent, ineffective process. Not a lot of upward mobility.

Give dev more power to self-organize and more time to maintain old code.

Twisted Pair Solutions Response

Jun 30, 2014Recruiter

Thanks so much for taking the time to add a review!

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Cool product and great company.

I have been working at Twisted Pair Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

Most of the people are great to work with and actively interested in making the product better.

The product is great and they seem to be making good forward thinking decisions.

You don't have to bring a lunch here ever as all food is basically provided. Make a sandwich, reheat a frozen meal, chips, fruit, random extra food from a meeting.

Benefits are pretty darn good,

The training class helps ramp up time with the software.

Cons

A few tough personalities makes for the occasional day of drama.

The office is difficult to get to due to its location, area traffic and construction.

There is so much food available you may start gaining some weight.

Keep doing what you're doing.

A family feel in an enterprise software development company.

Current Employee - Devops Engineer  in  Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Devops Engineer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Twisted Pair Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

Lots of snacks and drinks for free! They really know how to say "Hey, you're valuable and we appreciate you".
    Good structure but loose enough to be your own person. Results driven attitude goes far.
    The coworkers are fantastic, there are only about 50 people in the office and each and every one of them are amazing people.

Cons

Developers, what can I say, we occasionally butt heads. It happens.

Keep up the good work and more BBQ!

Current software developer

I have been working at Twisted Pair Solutions full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- Very strong developers
    - Great team environment
    - New technology exposure – Mobile and Cloud
    - Good practical adoption of Agile, been slow but gradual. Still have a way to go but seeing small incremental improvements overall. Good to see.

Cons

Sitting on some legacy core code. Slowly refactoring our way through this but we still have a long way. The good news the team acknowledges the issue and supporting the code improvements

Focus – there are so many opportunities, stay focused!

Twisted Pair is exciting, growing, improving and moving forward.

I have been working at Twisted Pair Solutions

Pros

After 5 years with Twisted Pair I have seen many sides of this business. I am thrilled to work here as the talent of the employees is top notch, the dedication is unmatched and the integrity high. Sure we have had some rough patches but our current management team is in synch, our opportunities continue to multiply and our future is exciting to contemplate. Our products, WAVE and WAVE Connections, make a difference in the world. We have stories of lives saved and costs slashed. Working for a good cause gives us all a sense of purpose.

Working here is great because I am surrounded by positive and intelligent people. I learn from those I work with every day as they work to bring our products to a broader audience. I see strategies that are showing results. I see employees treated with compassion, benefits that are outstanding and an emphasis on accountability that has adjusted our course and given all of us increased confidence in management. I am proud to be a part of Twisted Pair.

You can also add in the amazing Seattle office with a view of Puget Sound, a well-stocked kitchen, a deck for barbeques, free parking/commuting…

Cons

The only cons are the uncertainty of how and where we will land. We have so many opportunities before us and the wait to see how it will all shake out can be a little stressful. As a small, venture-backed company we can run tight on resources, but that is the way of a startup.

To the leadership I would say – keep communicating, keep encouraging, keep focused, hold yourselves and all of us accountable, keep up the good work!

Great people + interesting projects

I have been working at Twisted Pair Solutions

Pros

Highly professional, motivated team
    Agile, startup-like mentality
    Lots of interesting projects to work on
    Everyone makes a difference in this company
    Adequate compensation

Cons

There is some lack of communication between the upper management, the business unit and the development shop. It has been recognized as a problem and we can see many positive changes. The interviews are hard: only serious and motivated developers get in.

What a great place to work

Current Employee - Vice President Global  in  Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Vice President Global in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Twisted Pair Solutions

Pros

Some of the most talented people I have ever met work at Twisted Pair.

Cons

The market is just now catching up to the technology.

Keep Changing the Way the World Communicates.

Run by emotion

I have been working at Twisted Pair Solutions

Pros

Flexible, benefits, nice view of the park

Cons

If you're liked you'll go far as that is what pay is based on, not performance, skills or abilities. If you are liked, you can get away with not working or doing very little. Reviews done by management team-people that never work with you at all and the team includes over half the company, seems there are more leaders than followers. One persons poor opinion can prevent you from getting a raise or any recognition at all, even if that opinion is based purely on emotion and not job performance related at all.

Lawsuit waiting to happen, may want to rethink critical communication within

Worked for Twisted Pair Solutions? Contribute to the Community!