Twisted Pair Solutions
www.twistpair.com Seattle, WA 50 to 149 Employees

Twisted Pair Solutions Reviews

Updated Apr 30, 2014

Tom Guthrie

Excellent work-life balance, small shop feel, free food

Seattle, WA

ProsVery motivated, inspiring coworkers. Devs have good control over what they work on, provided it brings value to the business. Stepping out of your comfort zone is encouraged. Management is older, have families, so work-life balance is much better than some other software shops. Gorgeous views of the sound.

ConsEver since the MSI acquisition there has been a lot of red tape to navigate. Small shop feel is in jeopardy with corporate control. Ten years of legacy code that hasn't been adequately maintained. Business pushed half-cocked agile methodology on dev, resulting in unhappy old-timers and inconsistent, ineffective process. Not a lot of upward mobility.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive dev more power to self-organize and more time to maintain old code.

Flag Review
    Twisted Pair Solutions Recruiter responded to this review Jun 30, 2014 EditDelete
    Thanks so much for taking the time to add a review!

Recognized Industry Leader That Feels Like Family

Seattle, WA

ProsSmall, Easy to make an impact, Lots of cool gadgets, Lunch w/ the CEO every day, Awesome view of the Puget Sound.
    Who wouldn't want to get paid to work on software walkie-talkies?

ConsPockets aren't very deep, so you have to find innovative/creative ways to get some things done.
    Still trying to figure out software development standards that have been in the industry for years.

Flag Review
    Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review!

Cool product and great company.

Seattle, WA

ProsMost of the people are great to work with and actively interested in making the product better.

The product is great and they seem to be making good forward thinking decisions.

You don't have to bring a lunch here ever as all food is basically provided. Make a sandwich, reheat a frozen meal, chips, fruit, random extra food from a meeting.

Benefits are pretty darn good,

The training class helps ramp up time with the software.

ConsA few tough personalities makes for the occasional day of drama.

The office is difficult to get to due to its location, area traffic and construction.

There is so much food available you may start gaining some weight.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A family feel in an enterprise software development company.

Devops Engineer (Current Employee)
    Seattle, WA

ProsLots of snacks and drinks for free! They really know how to say "Hey, you're valuable and we appreciate you".
    Good structure but loose enough to be your own person. Results driven attitude goes far.
    The coworkers are fantastic, there are only about 50 people in the office and each and every one of them are amazing people.

ConsDevelopers, what can I say, we occasionally butt heads. It happens.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work and more BBQ!

Current software developer

Seattle, WA

Pros- Very strong developers
    - Great team environment
    - New technology exposure – Mobile and Cloud
    - Good practical adoption of Agile, been slow but gradual. Still have a way to go but seeing small incremental improvements overall. Good to see.

ConsSitting on some legacy core code. Slowly refactoring our way through this but we still have a long way. The good news the team acknowledges the issue and supporting the code improvements

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus – there are so many opportunities, stay focused!

Twisted Pair is exciting, growing, improving and moving forward.

Seattle, WA

ProsAfter 5 years with Twisted Pair I have seen many sides of this business. I am thrilled to work here as the talent of the employees is top notch, the dedication is unmatched and the integrity high. Sure we have had some rough patches but our current management team is in synch, our opportunities continue to multiply and our future is exciting to contemplate. Our products, WAVE and WAVE Connections, make a difference in the world. We have stories of lives saved and costs slashed. Working for a good cause gives us all a sense of purpose.

Working here is great because I am surrounded by positive and intelligent people. I learn from those I work with every day as they work to bring our products to a broader audience. I see strategies that are showing results. I see employees treated with compassion, benefits that are outstanding and an emphasis on accountability that has adjusted our course and given all of us increased confidence in management. I am proud to be a part of Twisted Pair.

You can also add in the amazing Seattle office with a view of Puget Sound, a well-stocked kitchen, a deck for barbeques, free parking/commuting…

ConsThe only cons are the uncertainty of how and where we will land. We have so many opportunities before us and the wait to see how it will all shake out can be a little stressful. As a small, venture-backed company we can run tight on resources, but that is the way of a startup.

Advice to Senior ManagementTo the leadership I would say – keep communicating, keep encouraging, keep focused, hold yourselves and all of us accountable, keep up the good work!

Great people + interesting projects

ProsHighly professional, motivated team
    Agile, startup-like mentality
    Lots of interesting projects to work on
    Everyone makes a difference in this company
    Adequate compensation

ConsThere is some lack of communication between the upper management, the business unit and the development shop. It has been recognized as a problem and we can see many positive changes. The interviews are hard: only serious and motivated developers get in.

What a great place to work

Vice President Global (Current Employee)
    Arlington, VA

ProsSome of the most talented people I have ever met work at Twisted Pair.

ConsThe market is just now catching up to the technology.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep Changing the Way the World Communicates.

Good product, no sales DNA or understanding opf sales as a skill set

Sales (Former Employee)
    New York, NY

ProsGood software if you can get support from limited resources

ConsLimited resources and name recognition

Advice to Senior ManagementGet sales DNA

Run by emotion

Seattle, WA

ProsFlexible, benefits, nice view of the park

ConsIf you're liked you'll go far as that is what pay is based on, not performance, skills or abilities. If you are liked, you can get away with not working or doing very little. Reviews done by management team-people that never work with you at all and the team includes over half the company, seems there are more leaders than followers. One persons poor opinion can prevent you from getting a raise or any recognition at all, even if that opinion is based purely on emotion and not job performance related at all.

Advice to Senior ManagementLawsuit waiting to happen, may want to rethink critical communication within

Worked for Twisted Pair Solutions? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Twisted Pair Solutions reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Twisted Pair Solutions CEO Tom Guthrie . All 12 reviews posted anonymously by Twisted Pair Solutions employees.