Twitter Reviews

Reset
4.2
Twitter Interim CEO Jack Dorsey
Jack Dorsey

Pros
  • I work with incredibly smart people and we are all driven to make the company awesome (in 24 reviews)

• a great food, you gain 20 pounds) (in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • Still some growing pains despite the size of the company (in 14 reviews)

• San Francisco is too crowded and not so easy for life (not safe) (in 7 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Clear communication from the Execs, Empowering Culture, Motivational Mission

I have been working at Twitter full-time

Pros

You work with a platform that is connecting people everyday to the world, letting voices be heard, sparking revolutions and democratising the world at large. If that doesn't motivate you - chances are very few things will :) The culture is empowering - You are the master of what you want to create here and the company stands behind you for support. Leadership is very transparent and approachable. I've worked in two big global companies before and the level of transparency here is my favourite thing.

Cons

We're still figuring some things out so things are constantly evolving. If that's not something someone is comfortable with then I can see how that might be a problem for them.

Jul 15, 2015 – Human Resources

Thank you for your review – we really appreciate it. We routinely share our employee comments via Glassdoor with our leadership team so they have better insights into concerns and areas for ... More

2. Awesome experience!

I have been working at Twitter full-time

Pros

Our team ended up at Twitter when our company got acquired. I have to say, their integration team and process have been amazing. Twitter's made every effort to make sure that our team feels at home and to enable us to continue kicking butt and taking names through the acquisition and integration process. Some of the awesome perks about working at Twitter include free yoga and crossfit classes, a million cafeterias with different menus, taco bars and frozen yogurt on the daily and all sorts of celebrity visits to HQ. But more importantly, everyone at Twitter is smart, driven, approachable and super helpful.

Cons

Twitter went through a major growth spurt over the last couple of years and it seems like some processes are still being figured out. It'd be nice to get rid of some of the redundancies.

Advice to Management

Love all the transparency that's been implemented! Keep on sharing and empowering people to do their best work.

3. #Lovewhereyouwork

Current Employee - Recruiter in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Recruiter in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Twitter full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fast-paced, fun place to work. The people that work here are amazing! Our environment thrives on reciprocation of employees teaching and learning from each other. I am empowered to make the decisions needed to help make an impact on the company. I've worked in the tech recruiting industry for 8+ years and Twitter is by far my favorite place I've worked so far!

Cons

Need to be able to think quickly on your feet because of how fast pace and dynamic the environment is here. I personally think this is a great way to learn. This is the type of place where you dive right in and learn as you go. Certain internal processes and systems are constantly changing so patience and perseverance are key as we continue to grow.

5. Fantastic

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Twitter full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Smart/Passionate Coworkers -Impactful projects -Great perks -Ability to steer a team/product that has a ton of upside potential

Cons

- Theres a ton of work that can still be done - Constant comparison to our competitors (Google/FB)

6. Amazing culture and phenomenal perks - the mini Google

I have been working at Twitter full-time

Pros

The product is amazing. You really feel like you are working for a company that has the potential to change the world. Everyone at the company is open and welcoming - senior exec leadership encourages rank and file employees to contact them any time, and even thoughtfully reply to e-mails from new hires. The "creature comforts" are on par with Google - fully-stocked microkitchens, amazing food, and on-site fitness classes and massages.

Cons

Lots of hard work to be done, and the expectation is that everyone is ready to roll up their sleeves and get to work. There is no coasting at Twitter. Although the leadership team has a strong plan to re-ignite growth, it may take some time for revenue to materialize and the stock to recover. There's also always a few growing pains at companies growing as fast as we are, so employees are expected to navigate an environment with some uncertainty. Also, the company is strongly biased towards e-mails and meetings, which could be a shock for folks from smaller companies.

Advice to Management

Keep the company as open and flat as possible as we grow.

7. Recruiting

I have been working at Twitter

Pros

I've been contract and full time with other big companies (Google, IBM) and Twitter has been the most open and hands on, fair and gives you the most overall ownership of your work. Definitely competitive in wanting to get the job done- but we work as a team together, never against each other. I really appreciate how hands on and available the hiring managers are- they want to hire great people on their team and are completely accessible to us so we can do this! The team is fast paced and dynamic, you will grow while working here.

Cons

You are expected to hit the ground running and know how to do the job you were hired for, which is fair of course. Training is supplemental, but you can't expect to come in and learn how to be a sourcer/recruiter, they are too fast paced to hold your hand. I don't think this is a con, but it's good to know if you're not very experienced.

Jul 23, 2015 – Human Resources

Very helpful comments – thank you!

8. Technical Recruiter

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter

I have been working at Twitter

Pros

Great Culture! You would think a company that impacts the public as much as Twitter does would be a large corporation, but it is still a very start up culture. Innovate, free flowing ideas and lots of cool interesting projects The perks are awesome, free high quality food, free shuttle bus, gym & phone reimbursement, discounts on alot of things like Apple products. Small team sizes, everyone has a huge impact on their team. Not just a number. Everyones input is welcomed. Flat structure/hierarchy - dont have to worry about politics or middle managemnt

Cons

None that I can think of at this time

Advice to Management

Continue innovating

Jul 23, 2015 – Human Resources

This is great to hear - thank you!

9. Twitter is Awesome!

I have been working at Twitter

Pros

I love working for this company. I have been with Twitter for over 4 years now, and my love for the company continues to grow!

Cons

There are not really any cons about working for Twitter!

Advice to Management

As the company grows, just remember our roots and where Twitter originated from. Try not to make the company too corporate

Jul 23, 2015 – Human Resources

So glad you're having such a great experience!

10. Relatively new to Twitter, but I love working here already!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Twitter (Less than a year)

Pros

For a public company, this is an incredibly transparent organization (I've never seen anything quite like this before). I've also found many kindred spirits on my new team: people are passionate about their work; they have all been super helpful / friendly; and there's great energy here! Everyone is constantly encouraged to act boldly (and when I've seen a few people do so, they were applauded for it). There has been absolutely no spin doctoring on anything so far (and I'm the kind of person who really watches out for this one). Even though I'm still relatively new to Twitter, I already feel like I have a "voice" here: I've been able to push new ideas forward--and I've been encouraged to keep it up! Twitter continues to create transformative technology that truly makes the world a better place, and I'm proud to now be a part of that. Twitter also creates a lot of industry standard in technology and openly shares its innovation with the open source community, which I really like/admire.

Cons

Coming from a start-up environment (we were recently acquired by Twitter), things tend to move a bit slower in some regards Communication between the teams could be improved

Advice to Management

I think we need to figure out how to better communicate with Wall Street (I agree with Chris Sacca on this one), and I hope we can improve here because it still seems like Wall Street doesn't "get us" at times.

11. Recruiting Intern

I have been working at Twitter

Pros

Great culture. Surrounded by intelligence. The skydeck. Ability to be involved in areas of various interest.

Cons

My team is too fun and can be distracting. Too many food options.

Advice to Management

You might want to take time to develop leadership programs.

Jul 23, 2015 – Human Resources

Glad you're enjoying your internship!

RSS Feed </> Embed