Twitter

Twitter Reviews

Updated Jul 20, 2014

Twitter CEO Dick Costolo

Dick Costolo

Pros
  • Team meetings on the roof are the best, great teamwork and a lot of smart people (in 20 reviews)

• a great food, you gain 20 pounds) (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • We're growing super fast and there are some growing pains (in 9 reviews)

• Distributed office can sometimes feel disconnected from the HQ in San Francisco (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

The best company I've ever worked for.

Operations Engineer (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsSmart, talented people.
    Management chain who share your values and back you up.
    Company that values social good as well as turning a profit.
    Great working environment.

ConsVery little to complain about.

Awesome!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsGreat people, great office, fun product.

ConsRapid growth, some people don't understand the product.

Nice work if you can get it

Software Engineer (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsFast-paced, growing company. Lots of responsibility to be had early in your career. Smart people who'll help you learn and grow.

ConsNeed to be self-motivated, resourceful to succeed. If something's broken, don't expect someone else will necessarily fix it. Step up and make it better.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Moving fast, growing fast

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

Pros-The senior leadership are very open and communicate very well to all employees. Whether it's from email, internal quora-like forum, or the every-other-week all hands meeting.
    -The people who work here are all highly intelligent and really want to make Twitter grow.
    -As they have grown and went through some growing pains, there are more processes and structure on how things are done. A good thing.
    -Experimentation is valued
    - things are changing every month
    - great learning system. lots of classes on all technical and soft topics, and people are welcome to signup even if not directly related to your work.
    -onboarding/orientation process great and will be tailored to your job function.
    -standard silicon valley tech benefits and more.

Cons- headcount growing very quickly. Due to this, lots more middle management. Although the org chart is still flatter than at other companies.
    - For those coming from other companies or new-grads, one may feel that there are a lot of meetings. That being said, most of the meetings tend to be pretty efficient and timely...because people may have to go to another meeting
    -since the IPO and ensuing employee stock lockup expiration, people from all levels of the company are leaving.

Great Environment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFriendly, good values. The benefits are great

ConsThings may be confusing and difficult at first

Awesome place to work!

Software Engineer (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsWorking with people who are smart and passionate about what they do.

ConsI have no cons so far.

Best place to work in the city

QA Engineer (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsFood, culture, manager, team-- work life is simple. Very supportive and have lot of co ordination.

They serve excellent food all the time .

ConsPeople from south bay, its bad and long to travel

Love it

Account Manager (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsAmazing company, strong leadership, great career opportunities, ability to make an impact.

ConsPace within high growth environment can be challenging to manage.

Great company

ProsGreat facility.
    Good leadership.
    Constant innovation.

They recently opened up a few new floors meaning we have a lot more space for each desk.

ConsThe headquarters is situated in not the best area so if you are leaving late you may want to get an escort from twitter security to the Muni station if you don't drive.

Open, fast-moving culture. Fun

Software Engineer II (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsUnusually good work-life balance, the best lunch I've ever had, good pay. I'm very happy here.

Unlike Facebook or Google, Twitter is still building a lot of new, great things - there isn't much maintenance or incremental work going on.

ConsYou've got to be good at learning new things without great docs - the company has been growing so quickly that many projects are poorly documented.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great things you do.

Worked for Twitter? Contribute to the Community!