Twitter

Growing, exciting company.

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Twitter full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Twitter is a growing public company with a lot potential. Being in the social media sphere, it's a high energy company with a lot of media coverage and attention.

Cons

The company still has growing pains and struggles to define itself and it's internal processes.

Hire more people with balanced skill sets and good attitudes, then hold on to them.

Love working @Twitter

I have been working at Twitter

Pros

- Smartest people I've ever worked with
    - Fast moving product innovation
    - Exciting time for the business
    - Amazing perks

Cons

- Super fast pace - not for everyone

- Continue what you're doing - the transparency is incredible

I'm extremely fortunate to work at such a cool company!

Current Employee - Staff Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Staff Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Twitter full-time (less than a year)

Pros

In previous companies, I often had to fight for small things that I thought could make me more productive or the project more successful. For example, something as simple as requesting an ergonomic mouse was a hassle - with levels of approvals and complicated expense procedures. At Twitter, you just walk up to one of the IT offices and say "Can I have an Evoluent upright mouse?" and they just hand it to you without a single question. Everyone wants to do the right thing. If something is obviously a good idea, you're just expected to do it, you don't need to ask for permission. I've never experienced that before at other companies.

Cons

From a purely engineering perspective, there is a lot that could be improved, such as some engineering practices or code quality. I don't mind too much, because it means that there is still something to work on. There is a lot of work to be done to improve the engineering practices, but the good thing is that current engineering management are all focusing a lot on these issues, and things will improve!

I have all faith in current management, I honestly can't give them any useful advice.

I love working at Twitter

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Twitter full-time (less than a year)

Pros

A mission-driven company with a killer business model, great people, and a fun challenge. Inspiring to help give people all over the world a voice every day.

Cons

The work is addictive and the press is relentless, but working with the best people in the world makes it all worth it.

Working at Twitter is excellent!

Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Twitter full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Collaborative, progressive culture. Opportunity to make things happen, and to have your voice heard. Leadership is transparent and communicates fearlessly with employees. Benefits are great, from excellent healthcare (for you and your family or +1) to perks like fitness reimbursements. Twitter has excellent training and learning opportunities, helping professionals continue to grow in their skill sets and discover new areas of interest. Additionally, I believe that Twitter is doing great things in this world: liberating voices, assisting in the igniting of revolutions, and bringing light to things that matter around the world.

Cons

$401k plan could be better, but Twitter is identifying and seeking to resolve this. Pay should be more competitive.

Continue what's going well, identify cons swiftly. This is a fantastic company, and we want it to continue drawing the best people!

Great place to work

Current Employee - Senior Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Twitter full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Twitter is an innovative, fun environment. There is a lot of cross-functional collaboration. We are doing very important work by providing a platform for users to share news and noteworthy content. Benefits and pay are good and the food is top notch.

Cons

Lots of first-time managers who are trying to figure things out.
    No bonus

Empowered to do my best work.

I have been working at Twitter

Pros

Working with the smartest, nicest and most talented people.
    Being provided with all the resources necessary to do your job.
    Tons of growth potential.
    Transparency from Leadership.
    Excellent benefits.
    Flexible time off policies.
    Oh, and yes, the food is amazing.

Cons

Can be difficult to navigate organization.

Best place to work in San Francisco

Current Employee - Software Engineer II in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer II in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Twitter

Pros

Great co-workers, stable workloads, amazing salary, no BS environment, highly motivated teams, no attitudes, generally kind co-workers, great food, great benefits, amazing and impressive leadership team. This place is amazing on almost every scale.

Cons

Code base and systems feel more like a living and growing organism that can be very hard to navigate. Difficult to know best practices. Huge amount of documentation and code that may or may not be used. In lots of ways the freedom and flexibility is a plus but comes with baggage. Getting bootstrapped into the environment takes times.

Keep up the amazing work!

Challenging, inspirational work

Current Employee - Product Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Product Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Twitter

Pros

The compensation and benefits are both excellent, but that is the case at a ton of companies across SV. What makes Twitter special is how talented, driven and visionary the employees are. You will be challenged every day at Twitter. People are not here to punch the clock. They are here to make Twitter as awesome as it can be.

Cons

Work/life balance can be a challenge because everyone at Twitter is very focused and driven.

You are doing all the right things. You have chosen the right product and eng leadership. Now give them the full support they need to drive positive change throughout the org.

Best people. Powerful mission and purpose.

Current Employee - Senior Manager
    Current Employee - Senior Manager

I have been working at Twitter full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Love the people I work and I'm challenged everyday in my role.
    Massive opportunity to make impact in a company that has a global impact everyday.
    Great benefits.

Cons

Constant media attention and a slow response by leadership to change the narrative. This has improved dramatically however.